Opinion

Ben Tullis: The future of Jason Chaffetz and his 3rd Congressional District seat

Comments

• Blue Salt Lake City, UT
    April 20, 2017 11:26 a.m.

Chaffetz is making it clear that he puts his political ambition ahead of his sense of duty.

• Prometheus Platypus Orem, UT
    April 20, 2017 10:35 a.m.

As Marxist pointed out, since the "democrat" didn't win, Jason has nothing to do.

Jasons entire existence depended on endless investigations of democrats on the slightest rumor or innuendo.

But when the GOP holds the White House, this isn't allowed by his party rulers.

Since Jason doesn't lead, but prefers to complain and point fingers, he literally doesn't have anything to do.

• Esquire Springville, UT
    April 20, 2017 7:14 a.m.

I'm happy to see Chaffetz step down. I hope he goes away. But I'm not convinced a Democrat can take the seat. In that District, voting Republican is seen as a religious duty.

• marxist Salt Lake City, UT
    April 19, 2017 9:36 p.m.

So Chaffetz was ready to dismember Clinton had she won via perpetual investigation, but stonewalled any such of Trump when he won with the cooperation of the Russians. He would not consider ANY investigation of THAT. So, any of you Chaffetz fans, tell me why.

• Bigger Bubba Herriman, UT
    April 19, 2017 3:18 p.m.

Jason, Thank you for your service in Congress. You did a great job!

• Meckofahess Salt Lake City, UT
    April 19, 2017 12:04 p.m.

The article states: "As for Chaffetz's future, he indicated, "I may run again for public office, but not in 2018."

Dear Congressman Chaffetz, on behalf of me and my family and many Utahns - thank you so much for your great service! So many of us are hoping that you will run again for office. The integrity of your life and service are a credit to Utah and the nation. Please know of our gratitude to you and our very best wishes to you in the future!