Sports

Utah-BYU baseball game canceled

Comments

• SportsFan Provo, UT
    April 22, 2017 7:51 a.m.

Navelvet

Typical non sequitor response from Utah fans who are so embarrassed about being owned by BYU in baseball, that they desperately avoid talking about baseball on a baseball ⚾️ article.

• Naval Vet Philadelphia, PA
    April 21, 2017 9:55 a.m.

Marked it Down:

So in other words, what you're saying is, Utah THROTTLED you guys in this year's Duel...even though the Deseret First Credit Union tried moving the goal posts with the Football game. How miserable for you.

• Eddie Would Go FPO, AE
    April 20, 2017 3:59 p.m.

Marked it Down,

You didn't answer my question.

I'm sure that it isn't pleasant for you to say it, but Utah won the Deseret Duel 26-6.

• Eddie Would Go FPO, AE
    April 20, 2017 12:41 a.m.

As a Utah fan, I am relieved. I'm sure that BYU was going to beat Utah - again. Probably by like 30 runs or something.

At least, that's what I've been told by many BYU fans...

BTW, how did this year's Deseret Duel turn out?

• toosmartforyou Kaysville, UT
    April 19, 2017 11:42 p.m.

Who really cares.....seriously? So a baseball game got rained out. Look out, all the venom will still flow as haters bite each other....

• Ldsrm Spanish Fork, UT
    April 19, 2017 10:27 p.m.

I think Utah and Byu has both brought on some of the lack of respect in the past but has also has recently made some good decisions as well.

I think we should put behind us the following
    1. Even as Utah football coach put up some BYU perfanalla in the bathroom we as Byu fans should remember he left a long time ago.

BYU basketball could also learn to play smarter and not there a motion get in there way we play.

So we as sports fans can help by not having these toxic feelings that have ruined
    Are friend ship with fans how may bleed blue or read ruin a great rivalry witch has ruined so many good rivalries of other sports and teams.

If all else lets be as good to each other as are football coaches how are best of friends.

• Ldsrm Spanish Fork, UT
    April 19, 2017 9:53 p.m.

I think Utah fans need to realize BYU loves to play them simple because thy enjoy the friendship and bound the 2 have.

I think the Rivere's are fun for Both.

p.s BYU fans have moved past the whole Utah basketball games issues
    And have moved on as Utah should as well

• BlueCoug Provo, UT
    April 19, 2017 8:49 p.m.

chicagoborn

"Utah and BYU have gone to head to head... blah blah blah... Wins against Utah are becoming pretty rare."

LOL at your delusional spin!

BYU owns U 243-115-2 in baseball, including 5 of the last 6.

• Brave Sir Robin San Diego, CA
    April 19, 2017 4:02 p.m.

@PhxBlue

""Whew!" comes from the hill..."

Yeah, what a relief. We're so tired of losing games to BYU-Provo. Oh wait...

• chicagoborn Philadelphia, PA
    April 19, 2017 11:12 a.m.

It always cracks me up when BYU fans get so excited over being Utah in sports. Utah and BYU have gone to head to head 11 times this season with BYU winning a whopping grand total of 3 of those match ups. I guess I can understand why BYU fans get so excited. Wins against Utah are becoming pretty rare.

• Minnesota Ute Bloomington, MN
    April 19, 2017 10:23 a.m.

As long as it's not football or basketball the Cougars might actually have a chance of winning.

• 65TossPowerTrap Salmon, ID
    April 19, 2017 9:26 a.m.

Too bad - It would have been fun to see BYU beat Utah - again.

• Cougarbib2 Moorpark, CA
    April 19, 2017 9:13 a.m.

It is only baseball. We should play twice in basketball and football this year to make up for cancelled games.

• PhxBlue Henderson, NV
    April 18, 2017 9:46 p.m.

"Whew!" comes from the hill...