Opinion

Letter: Fair and balanced

Comments

• LOU Montana Pueblo, CO
    March 18, 2017 10:01 p.m.

There is no news agency more fair and balanced than Deseret Newsand second to that is the purity of VĂ–lkischer Beobachter news paper and the Pravda news.

All three will go down in history as fair and balance reporting, doing what is best to support the blood line of AmeriKan values.

• What in Tucket? Provo, UT
    March 17, 2017 10:01 a.m.

For the most part I agree with the writer. However in the situation of Muslims and their possible detrimental effect on our society they will not print criticism. Maybe this won't be printed.

• Tolstoy salt lake, UT
    March 16, 2017 2:46 p.m.

@Marxist

I would also like to know when or even if the DN plans to run the story every other new agency has reported that the house intelligence committee and House Speaker Ryan have announced that they have determined that Trumps claims are completely baseless. I am pretty sure even a sitting president can be sued for slander. Maybe its time to start hailing him off to court every time he slanders people with his baseless lies.

• marxist Salt Lake City, UT
    March 16, 2017 8:59 a.m.

I would like to know what the Deseret News thinks of Trump's accusing Obama of committing a felonious act, i.e. "wiretapped" Trump Tower.

• Utah Girl Chronicles Eagle Mountain, UT
    March 16, 2017 7:59 a.m.

It's hard being in the media these days with so much volatility and distrust. The press plays a critical role in our society and we need to be thankful for all the people who make media a career.

• UtahBlueDevil Durham, NC
    March 16, 2017 6:59 a.m.

I would agree completely. While I don't always agree with positions taken by the DN, I agree also quite often. I would hate to rely on a source of information that only reflects my views and opinions.

• IceCreamGhost Sandy, UT
    March 16, 2017 6:20 a.m.

Agreed. Democracy will lose when newspapers that criticize the government are deemed unpatriotic. That is their job and hopefully they do it as fairly as possible.

Think about your news sources. If what you are reading cannot be proven and is just internet conspiracy nonsense you might want to diversify a little bit.
    That goes from Obama being a muslim socialist on the right to Vaccines being dangerous and Monsanto trying to take over the world on the left. Both sides have a tendency to go overboard.