Faith

Interview from China shows former BYU star Jimmer Fredette playing well and living his Mormon faith

• NeilT Clearfield, UT
    Jan. 16, 2017 8:45 p.m.

It appears China is where the lord wants Jimmer at this time. Perhaps it is his mission calling. I never thought Jimmer was NBA caliber. Never was one to play defense. I wish him the best in his endeavors.

• gdog3finally West Jordan, Utah
    Jan. 11, 2017 5:46 p.m.

@Illuminati
    After all Jimmer's NBA stints, you still see Fredette as shafted?

• london_josh lincoln, CA
    Jan. 11, 2017 1:19 a.m.

I'm on my way to China right now, i'm there a week each month, people forget the 1.4 billion people there and the sport of choice is basketball (and ping pong in the Olympics).

Jimmer is becoming a huge star there, he's got a great following, it's cool to see.

• Oregon Ute Hermiston, OR
    Jan. 10, 2017 9:08 p.m.

Excellent interview. Class act. I wish him well and hope he makes it in the NBA.

• Mack2828 Ft Thomas, KY
    Jan. 10, 2017 9:07 p.m.

Who is Jimmer?

• localblue Sandy, UT
    Jan. 10, 2017 6:22 p.m.

Love this guy. Such a good person, inside and out.

@illuminated. I share your frustration but the reality is his game is great for college and other leagues (China is lower than NCAA) but not the NBA. Even Danny Ainge has the same view. And there have been plenty of others who were stars in college but didn't succeed at a higher level.

@burningblue. I agree. Stephon Marbury loved it in China. So maybe Jimmer has found his calling? That said, I'm sure he is still gunning for the NBA, and I wish him the best.

• burningblue Provo, UT
    Jan. 10, 2017 5:06 p.m.

Reading this article I have to wonder if it isn't better for Jimmer and the church to have him playing in the CBA. He's having a positive impact on China that he never would have had if he hadn't left the NBA.

• illuminated Kansas City, MO
    Jan. 10, 2017 3:12 p.m.

Love Jimmer and think he got totally shafted in the NBA. He's the biggest basketball star in China right now (ever?) and leads the league in scoring. You're telling me he couldn't legitimately cut it on a single NBA team while countless other Chinese players have? Right.