Elder Christofferson talks about how President Monson calls a new apostle, reflects on Elder Scott

• goosehuntr Tooele, UT
    Sept. 28, 2015 4:11 p.m.

Amen... to a life and legacy of the pure love of Christ and one who actually acquired it. "Pray that ye may be filled with this love..." He did, and he was filled with it. I will miss him so much. Critics of this church and its leadership must account for the quality and manner in which these men and their wives live. Nothing shady has ever been found in the lives of these magnificent people. They are examples of the ability of the gospel of Jesus Christ to transform lives when it is applied. The gospel of Jesus Christ is how we deal with mortality.

Thank you Elder Scott for a life centered around love for God and the rest of His children of which I am one, and I am one who felt your love.

• Mack2828 Ft Thomas, KY
    Sept. 25, 2015 10:00 a.m.

I love and admire Elder Scott for being such a great example of loyalty to his wife, both in life and in death. He never remarried. He just loved her and dreamed of her and longed for her for the rest of his mortal life. I can only imagine the happy reunion they are now having and their is not an extra wife or two or three involved in their heavenly relationship. Just the two of them.
    His example inspires me to try to be a better husband.

• Johnny Triumph American Fork, UT
    Sept. 25, 2015 9:54 a.m.

Elder Christofferson makes a great point, no matter the process to get there in the end the Lord will make sure His Prophet knows who is needed to serve.

• Erik Jacobsen Palo Alto, CA
    Sept. 25, 2015 8:50 a.m.

What a joy it must have been for Elder Scott to have one of his missionaries serving alongside him in the Twelve. We have lost 113 years of experience serving in the Quorum of the Twelve in recent months. Here's an interactive graphic that gives a picture of the length of service of all the apostles: http://threestory.com/apostles/

• Farmer in Farmington Farmington, UT
    Sept. 24, 2015 4:32 p.m.

I had an opportunity to be in Elder Scott's office a few years ago to seek counsel for a project. His office was humbly decorated. A hand drawn picture of Jeanne was right at the door. He had a book shelf full of books which had changed the titles to be more humorous.

At one point he took my hand and looked into my eyes and said "Thank you for the good that you do for so many of our brothers and sisters." He then gave me a strong hug. What a wonderful person, Prophet and Apostle!

I love his gentleness, sensitivity and the doctrines he taught so well.

• Cinci Man FT MITCHELL, KY
    Sept. 24, 2015 3:19 p.m.

Truly a man of God has moved ahead to another assignment. We will always love elder Scott.