BYU offensive line coming together in time for Cougars' season opener

• Oh Really? HERRIMAN, UT
    Aug. 21, 2014 3:43 p.m.

Blacksburg, VA
    @ Chris B,

"Being a part of a Power 5 conference does not make you a big boy team."

Deep down, Chris knows this, Black, which is why he comments so much:

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Hamlet Act 3, scene 2, 222–230

• Ockams Razor Gunnison, UT
    Aug. 21, 2014 9:44 a.m.

The Offensive Line is the key to making this year successful. Good Luck men!

• BlacksburgCoug Blacksburg, VA
    Aug. 21, 2014 9:19 a.m.

@ Chris B,

Virginia is not a "big boy" team. It is a dumpster fire. Being a part of a Power 5 conference does not make you a big boy team.

• Back Talk Federal Way, WA
    Aug. 20, 2014 11:18 p.m.

Speaking of missing people, what happened t Ryker Matthews? Injurys must have really dimished his abilities.

• Cougar Claws Lindon, UT
    Aug. 20, 2014 10:57 p.m.

My 2 cents on who the starting 5 ought to be would probably end up being

Tejan Koroma/Edward Fusi at Center
    Brayden Kearsley and Tuni Kanuch at Guards
    Lui Lapuaho and Deondre Wesley at Tackles

There are a lot of veteran guys that could be backups and so I feel good about the depth, but talent/performance wise those above mentioned 5 seem to be doing the best from what I keep hearing about camp.

• Taysom4Heisman Heber City, UT
    Aug. 20, 2014 10:20 p.m.

@OC Fan

Yeck broke his toe, and in addition he is very overrated in my opinion. He just could not keep up with DE/OLB's around the edge. Pressure seemed to always be on Hill when Yeck was in.

I don't know, maybe I'm being too harsh on him, but I was not impressed at all last year.

I'm excited for the possibility of 3 freshman earning a starting spot, which appears to be very likely. To have 10 guys return with starting experience and then find 3 new players who are better than them, I think that speaks to the increased talent along the line in addition to the experience we bring back.

• BlueNtheFace Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Aug. 20, 2014 9:35 p.m.

OC Fan: Yeck broke his toe and is out another 3 or 4 weeks.

• EPoint Roy, UT
    Aug. 20, 2014 8:54 p.m.

Finally in evidence is the importance of the offensive line to team success. I believe many teams are ranked nationally based largely on offensive line personnel. Win the line of scrimmage and win the game. That simple.

• OC Fan Orange County, CA
    Aug. 20, 2014 7:53 p.m.

What's happened to Michael Yeck? It's been awfully quiet about him since he was put on the Outland watch list. Is he injured?