Sports

NFL locals photo gallery: Star Lotulelei sacks Alex Smith

Robert Turbin also stars for the Seahawks and Xavier Su'a-Filo starts for the Texans

Comments

• East Coast Ute Storrs, CT
    Aug. 18, 2014 8:48 p.m.

Former Ute DL Tevita Finau also had a sack for the Jets this week.

• Cougsndawgs West Point , UT
    Aug. 18, 2014 7:16 p.m.

Koloss:
    It's nice to see a fan not get caught up in the rivalry so much they ignore what certain players are accomplishing. As for the Chiefs it seems like Sean Smith gets better and better every year. I've also liked what I've seen with Sorensen, but I've especially enjoyed watching So'oto for the Steelers and how he's progressed from playing TE early in his collegiate career at BYU to LB his upperclassmen years. He's been very impressive this preseason. It will be fun to watch the success of all these guys and hopefully they stay healthy and have great careers.

• pleblian salt lake city, utah
    Aug. 18, 2014 5:18 p.m.

Sharp Hooks,

Perhaps you'd have prefered Kaepernick this past weekend? Smith one a lot of games last year, and the year before, and the year before that.

"Great" NFL qbs are few, but Smith is the consummate professional, steady, smart and able. Knocking him after a decade in the NFL reflects upon your ignorance of what is going on on the field.

• golfrUte SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Aug. 18, 2014 5:09 p.m.

Good luck to all the guys with local ties. Stay healthy!!

• SharpHooks Lake Sammamish, WA
    Aug. 18, 2014 3:44 p.m.

As much as I liked Alex Smith in college, he is not a great pro qb.
    He is just above middling---

• Utah'95 FPO, AE
    Aug. 18, 2014 3:36 p.m.

Star IS a Star. Solid performances by the Smiths and Denham. I'm watching Reilly closely, hoping that his under appreciated athleticism and nose for the football produces results in the NFL.

Good luck Utes!

• Hoosier87 American Fork, UT
    Aug. 18, 2014 2:44 p.m.

Star is going to be a beast in the NFL for MANY years to come - gonna enjoy watching him.

My favorite story from this article is Jordan Devey - that's an amazing situation. Kid played in American Fork Band throughout high school - didn't even like football - now look at him. Funny stuff

• Koloss Hampton, VA
    Aug. 18, 2014 2:38 p.m.

Congratulations to all players with Utah ties, especially the ones making plays in the preseason trying to make the roster of their respective teams. I'm a Ute fan and even I'm impressed with how well Sorensen is doing in KC.