Sports

BYU football notebook: Alani Fua leads a promising group of outside linebackers

Comments

• Hemlock Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 14, 2014 9:40 a.m.

CB

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

• TechMan Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 13, 2014 11:32 p.m.

I'm sorry you need to trash on BYU.
    Honestly the bottom-feeder Ute's will be lucky to go 5-7 again! I wouldn't be interested in following my team.

Most analysts have you guys sucking it up again. Mid-50's is what I'm seeing.

Oh, FYI Utah state is normally mid-lower-40's and BYU mid-lower-30's.
    BYU is receiving votes for the preseason top-25!

• Down under Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 13, 2014 2:49 p.m.

Yes Crissy. We know about same old, same old. We have seen it for three years on the hill now. No bowl games and a terrible conference record. Playing with the big not working our for you so well is it?

• taylormade1 Springville, UT
    Aug. 13, 2014 1:52 p.m.

2014 college football sos , Alabama -93 , Oklahoma-95 and byu-97 . Looks like to me the Y in sitting right there with some mighty fine company ! At the end of the season no one could care less who you played if you lose all your games. I love the Y's schedule this year as they have set themselves up perfectly for a New Years Day Bowl . Just win baby !

• Christopher B Ogden, UT
    Aug. 13, 2014 11:24 a.m.

fan,

its same old same old for byu - much more talk and less walk. The truth is with such a horrible schedule, one ranked worse than every big boy power conference team in the nation except for 1, you SHOULD go 11-1 at worst. Funny thing though - not even a 12-0 record(LOL you wont) would get byu in the playoffs.

The playoffs are for big boy conferences only. Sorry.

Want to be in consideration - act like a big boy and schedule 8-9 games a year against big boy conference teams.

• Sanefan Wellsville, UT
    Aug. 13, 2014 10:50 a.m.

If the defense plays up to the level it did last year and with a much improved and more experienced offense; I predict a 11-1, maybe even a 12-0 season.