Sports

Utah football fall practice position preview: defensive line

Comments

• UU Provo, UT
    July 29, 2014 9:05 p.m.

Ifel Of'a-sofa,

What is the over/under that you are actually duckhunter?

• byronbca Salt Lake City, UT
    July 29, 2014 9:00 p.m.

Defensive line is the one position that the Utes never have to worry about, they never have to rebuild, they simply reload.

It will be fun to see which players step up! I think Stevie T will one to watch.

• ekute Layton, UT
    July 29, 2014 12:53 p.m.

Johnny Triumph,
    With the tone of your question I assumed that you was a byu fan, that's why I mentioned them.

I maintain that Utah's defense has more than held it's own when competing in the PAC.

• Ifel Of'a-sofa Alpine, Utah
    July 29, 2014 12:14 p.m.

over under line on ute wins this season 4.5

• Johnny Triumph American Fork, UT
    July 29, 2014 11:35 a.m.

@ekute - It's a valid question that we won't have the answer to until the season, let's have discussion about it. And great job bringing BYU into the conversation, let's us Ute fans keep it about the Utes!

I'm also pleased that the official website is no longer hosted by cstv!

• ekute Layton, UT
    July 29, 2014 11:22 a.m.

We all know that I don't support byu but I would not question it's defense since bronco has been there, not even after 54-10.

• ekute Layton, UT
    July 29, 2014 11:17 a.m.

Johnny Triumph,

Why would you question their competiveness? Do you not know anything about the Utes defense since Kyle has been at Utah?

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    July 29, 2014 10:58 a.m.

Always our strongest unit! If the offense can play half as good as the defense, we'll get to 7 games.

And with Coach Christensen running the offense, lets just say I like our chances!

Go UTES!

• Johnny Triumph American Fork, UT
    July 29, 2014 10:54 a.m.

The real question is can they compete?

• VegasUte Las Vegas, NV
    July 29, 2014 10:51 a.m.

August 28 can't get here soon enough!!

Go Utes!!

• UCONN Storrs, CT
    July 29, 2014 10:32 a.m.

"Sophomore Sam Tevi (6-5, 295) switched to defensive tackle from the offensive line during spring camp."

However, count him in those with game experience, as he played defense in 6 games last season with 2 TFLs and a sack. He'll be a contributor. The D-Line, just like every year, has nothing to worry about. Just retooling.

• Naval Vet Philadelphia, PA
    July 29, 2014 10:28 a.m.

Looks like a reloading year for the Defensive Line.

GO UTES!!!