Utah

Union Pacific train makes special delivery that 12-year-old Clinton boy will never forget

Comments

• grandmagreat Lake Havasu City, AZ
    July 25, 2014 11:50 a.m.

What a blessing for this young man and his family. I have an autistic Granddaughter, and know that any kindness shown to her is so special. We all need to be more kind to these special needs children, remembering that they are special spirits that have been sent here with special challenges to take a body and return to their Heavenly Father.

• aceroinox Farmington, UT
    July 23, 2014 11:06 a.m.

My guess is that the engineer and conductor initiated the project, but I doubt it was done without permission and cooperation from the supervisors, at the very least. All train activity is tracked. If a train comes to a complete halt, there are reports to be filled out, etc. I'm with BU52--not only does UP know who the conductor and engineer were, they were in on it from the beginning. The crew for that day want to remain anonymous.

• Strider303 Salt Lake City, UT
    July 22, 2014 4:53 p.m.

Well Done. Very Well Done indeed.

• What in Tucket? Provo, UT
    July 22, 2014 8:47 a.m.

It brought a tear to my eye. The one that isn't dry.

• BU52 Provo, ut
    July 22, 2014 7:41 a.m.

U.P. can't find out who the conductor was? Don't they have records of who drives their trains? Or does he just want to stay anonymous?

• Tarib Portlethen, 00
    July 22, 2014 3:39 a.m.

Good to see that there is some good and caring people out there, touched my soul and brought a tear to my eye, that chap will surely get a well done!

• fm La Verkin, UT
    July 21, 2014 11:02 p.m.

I still remember the day 60 years ago when my brother and I stood on our daily watch of a local freight train. When the huge locomotive stopped right in front of us, I was embarrassed and hid myself, but my brother was brave and stayed right beside the track. The engineer invited him and helped him climb into the cab for a personalized tour. Roy was so proud and talked about it for weeks.

Thanks for this great story!

• DEW Cougars Sandy, UT
    July 21, 2014 10:00 p.m.

Awesome and what a cool way to do Union Pacific! Thank You!

• Karen R. Houston, TX
    July 21, 2014 7:47 p.m.

What a thoughtful thing to do. Kudos to the conductor!

• sammyg Springville, UT
    July 21, 2014 6:34 p.m.

That's a neat story and hat's off to these UP RR workers!

What great guys!

• TheFork Spanish Fork, UT
    July 21, 2014 6:32 p.m.

Ditto the above. This made my day.

• TheProudDuck Newport Beach, CA
    July 21, 2014 5:12 p.m.

Sweet.

• Anonymous100 Anywhere, UT
    July 21, 2014 5:01 p.m.

What a marvelously classy thing to do. Great job Union Pacific.

• Jennifer sandy, utah
    July 21, 2014 4:55 p.m.

A heartwarming story. I hope the conductor comes to realize what a difference his kind gesture made in this family's life.

• Meemoe#1 Orem, Utah, UT
    July 21, 2014 4:45 p.m.

Thank you so much for the good news minute. They mean a lot to me with all of the crummy sensational type bad news all around. This is just the best kind of sweet! Thanks Mr. Conductor man whoever you are and thanks to the Deseret News, too! Keep them coming! There are still many caring loving human beings around us when we care to look!