BYU addresses investigation, independence, scheduling issues on media day

• Who am I sir? Cottonwood Heights, UT
    June 24, 2014 5:46 p.m.

BYU nailed it.
    Throughout media day it was obvious BYU had been stockpiling,for eels if not months, all the blockbuster announcements, all the "positives", all the good news,everything the world had waited to hear. Anything praiseworthy or pof good report was now given to a starved fan base. ell done.

• VegasUte Las Vegas, NV
    June 24, 2014 4:01 p.m.

BYU media day interview with Jamaal Charles - he was asked about his favorite moment from 2013. He says the Nevada game, but before he can elaborate, his sister asks him "are you sure it wasn't against Utah?", then laughs. He tells her to "shush".

• John Locke Ivins, , UT
    June 24, 2014 1:39 p.m.

The ncaa doesn't do anything any more, unless it's USC. BYU handled it correctly, but if they get off scott-free, I'll be surprised.

• papasmurfcoug SHELLEY, ID
    June 24, 2014 12:39 p.m.

When asked about Bronco's statement imploring the big 12 to consider BYU as an addition to the conference Tom said:
    I felt the same as Tinplater when I read that statement. Makes me wonder if the organization as a whole is "Fully Invested" in the philosophy and urgency to position ourselves in the highest level of competition. (P5)
    Competition at any other level would be poorly received by the fan base at large.
    Recruiting abilities massively compromised
    Exposure greatly minimized and
    Monetary momentum would doom the program to BYUI and BYU Hawaii status.
    Many faithful are looking for a clear and concise long term vision statement.

• WhoRtheUtes??? Elko, NV
    June 24, 2014 10:21 a.m.

You are correct Blue Husky... Just Win is the recipe....

• tinplater scottsdale, AZ
    June 24, 2014 6:36 a.m.

“He’s a coach, and I was a coach, and sometimes the emotions of a coach run a little bit high,” Translation: Holmoe is really upset by Bronco's statements.

• BlueHusky Mission Viejo, CA
    June 23, 2014 8:11 p.m.

JUST WIN, GUYS! Just win. Forget everything else. Winning will solve the problems.