Former BYU quarterback Max Hall cut by Winnipeg Blue Bombers

• utesgoingdownthehill Salt Lake City , UT
    June 26, 2014 10:34 a.m.

If comment section of deseret news is any indication of character of u fans, Max hall is/was 100% correct about U fans.

• Rockarolla West Jordan, UT
    June 24, 2014 10:25 p.m.

Does this really shock anyone…besides Max?

• SlopJ30 St Louis, MO
    June 23, 2014 11:48 a.m.

Man, Max must've struck a nerve with his infamous, heat-of-the-moment quotes half a decade ago. Looks like some people's wounds still haven't healed. He probably had no idea how fragile some people are.

I've said similar things and I'll say it again . . I've never, in 30+ years of following BYU sports, taken pleasure in an individual Ute failing either in college or the pros. For example, I enjoyed the outcome of Ryan Kaneshiro's famous miss, but I felt bad for him personally. Normally, I hate moralizing, but some of you seem to need a sermon.

If you're gloating over the fact that Hall's pro football career is probably over sooner than he wanted it to be . . well, I can't really finish that the way I want to with the D-News mods lurking about. Let's just say that it reinforces the reason I'm glad to be a Y fan. Let it go, children.

• Pavalova Surfers Paradise, AU
    June 23, 2014 9:19 a.m.

Since some on the hill are so critical, perhaps you can answer, How many NFL or CFL snaps BCS game winning qb Brian Johnson participated in?

Thats what I thought you'd say...

• BleedCougarBlue Enid, OK
    June 22, 2014 2:45 p.m.

So Max Hall was criticized for saying he "hated" the University of Utah's fans?

Don't worry, I'm sure NONE of it was warranted.

(end sarcasm....)

Keep your head up, Max. Those trying to pull you down have never racked up the wins on a major college football stage like you did.

Thanks for the great victories, Max!

• truthsandwich RANDOLPH, UT
    June 21, 2014 11:00 p.m.

It's too bad they *picked him off* their roster

• inthebooth Salt Lake City, UT
    June 21, 2014 9:20 p.m.

I've been around this guy as well as many others that know him...unfortunately he is not very likeable. I don't know if that played well into it, but I have a hard time feeling bad for him. Even so, he is a determined young man and maybe he can have a chance somewhere else. Seems in this United States any person willing to put in the time and hard work people can accomplish their goals.

• motorbike Cottonwood Heights, UT
    June 21, 2014 8:37 p.m.

"He said he was sorry for his comments..."

No, he has quite notably not apologized, he has always danced around it. It's all good though, I have no trouble with a guy like Max Hall hating the team I root for.

• Wiscougarfan River Falls, WI
    June 21, 2014 8:17 p.m.

I didn't know Falslev had made a CFL roster. Is he playing? How is he doing?

• Tomahawk Red North Salt Lake, UT
    June 21, 2014 7:55 p.m.

Springville, UT
    Taking joy in an athlete's demise is just bad form.

He said he was sorry for his comments

You mean he was forced to apologize for his comments. They were about as genuine as his love for the U of U is.

If you asked him in private, he would immediately repeat those same disdainful remarks.

Of that I'm sure.

• ekute Layton, UT
    June 21, 2014 7:41 p.m.

It's time for max to *turnover* a new leaf.

• Aggie5 Kuna, ID
    June 21, 2014 5:44 p.m.

I guess I'm not aware of his bad behavior.
    But I am aware that I was a pain in the rear more than a1,000 times in my life.
    Go Aggies...

• sammyg Springville, UT
    June 21, 2014 4:56 p.m.

Taking joy in an athlete's demise is just bad form.

He said he was sorry for his comments but it's examples such as we see in these comments that just serves to validate the brutal honesty of some statements made during heated moments.

• Dutchman Murray, UT
    June 21, 2014 2:25 p.m.

Did he hold a press conference? That would be a must see.

• Henry Drummond San Jose, CA
    June 21, 2014 2:12 p.m.

@There You Go Again
    I agree. Everyone says things that they shouldn't but the rest of us don't have to worry about them being replayed every year for the rest of our lives.

• Crow Sandy , UT
    June 21, 2014 11:59 a.m.

Could not have happened to a nicer guy it was amazing that a church leader had to call him out for his unsportsmanlike comments

• sg newhall, CA
    June 21, 2014 8:41 a.m.

Stop playing, you're just not that good. Has Hall considered coaching? I was never a fan of his in college or pros. He's an average talent. Period. I'm not surprised of the cut.

• motorbike Cottonwood Heights, UT
    June 21, 2014 7:05 a.m.

Bad karma around that guy. I feel just terrible for him.

• There You Go Again Saint George, UT
    June 21, 2014 12:36 a.m.

Highly competitive young man who made some mistakes with the media.

I wish him well.

Go Utes.

• daddman54 FARMINGTON, UT
    June 21, 2014 12:33 a.m.

Does this mean he now hates them too?

• Highlight WEST VALLEY CITY, UT
    June 20, 2014 9:38 p.m.

Go Red

Based on some of your past comments about all things BYU I would say right back at you. People who live in glass houses...

• Tom in Tooele Franklin, IN
    June 20, 2014 9:36 p.m.

Max will probably beat our Aaron Rogers this year in GBay

June 20, 2014 9:12 p.m.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.