Faith

Mormon selfies spread as Latter-day Saints share Book of Mormon experiences

Comments

• G L W8 SPRINGVILLE, UT
    June 21, 2014 8:40 p.m.

A scientist, I tried to make my comment clear that the "little patience" idea was to those critics around you; not necessarily to the "no answer" difficulty you've faced. We do not have all the answers as to why some receive and some don't. I do believe it's possible for a non-believer to retain integrity, and if they do, their lives will be better for it.

• A Scientist Provo, UT
    June 16, 2014 7:58 a.m.

G L W8 wrote:

"As for the non-affirming answer you feel you have never gotten, I would encourage a little patience."

Please define "a little patience"?

Over thirty years of fasting, praying, reading, studying, attending "meetings", being married to my LDS wife and supporting her payment of tithing, being excluded from weddings, being excluded from friendships, from business dealings, etc., etc., all because I will not testify to seeing "the Emperor's (Restored) Clothes". I will not continue the Cosmic Snipe Hunt.

But I retain my integrity.

• G L W8 SPRINGVILLE, UT
    June 15, 2014 8:31 p.m.

Scientist, I try to word my responses carefully enough so that you and others struggling with matters of faith could truly feel a "none of the above" choice would be appropriate to your query. We all could use more understanding and tolerance.
    As for the non-affirming answer you feel you have never gotten, I would encourage a little patience. That may eventually bring you additional insight in your wrestle to get answers from God. In that matter, I and others have no right to judge why or why not they're not forthcoming, nor of your character.
    But being patient with those who "censor, shout down, condemn, attack" likely could benefit you and others around you immensely. Keep in mind that many of us have honest motives, though some are often misguided, misdirected and misstated.

• 1.96 Standard Deviations OREM, UT
    June 13, 2014 2:51 p.m.

A Scientist:

You already know the answer.

P.S. nice exaggerating, by the way.

• Michigander Westland, MI
    June 13, 2014 2:47 p.m.

There is only one restored gospel church on the face of the earth that correctly interprets the entire Book of Mormon - The Church of Jesus Christ (WHQ: Monongahela, Pennsylvania), the only true succession of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

• A Scientist Provo, UT
    June 13, 2014 12:30 p.m.

Whenever I try to share my (non faith-affirming) Book of Mormon experience, I get censored, shouted down, condemned and attacked, or all the above.

Why is that?