Sports

Court in session: New Utah Jazz coach Quin Snyder delivers convincing first argument

Comments

• Mkithpen Sandy, UT
    June 8, 2014 4:12 p.m.

Glad I have ESPN, TNT and ABC sports, you decide why? Why not just keep Ty vs making another inexperienced change? Way to go Greg and family. Gail, did you really challenge the new coach for a championship, when was the ever a priority for the Jazz?

• Jody Genessy
    June 8, 2014 2:40 p.m.

By the way, the reason I'd lumped together those four -- Coach K, Pop, Messina and Lindsey -- is because Snyder specifically mentioned them.

Anyway, hope you found something positive from the writing as well.

Jody

• Jody Genessy
    June 8, 2014 2:35 p.m.

Touche, bgl. I'm going to rephrase that. I meant to refer to Dennis Lindsey as one of the respected mentors Quin Snyder has had, not that he's a legend.

• bgl Santa Monica, CA
    June 8, 2014 7:26 a.m.

I have to wonder if our new coach is looking at this article this morning and wondering about our local sports media when he reads that Dennis Lindsey is a basketball legend and Larry Brown is just a good old Mike Budenholzer/Mike Brown level coach. Wow.

• JBQ Saint Louis, MO
    June 8, 2014 5:49 a.m.

Being from Missouri, I would like to see the connection to the Jazz continued. Missouri-Columbia is in the middle of the state on the highway 70 corridor. Kansas City is on the left and St. Louis is on the right. Both cities have fertile beds for basketball. Rick Majerus coached at SLU before he died. As a graduate of St. Louis University, I would like to see the Jazz invited to town for a game.

• Brio Alpine, UT
    June 7, 2014 8:30 p.m.

I did my own analysis of all the Jazz coach interviewees and announced to friends a week ago that Quin Snyder was definitely the best choice. I felt confident that he would be chosen. I'm truly excited about this pick and about the future of Jazz basketball. Snyder is the real deal.

• Henry Drummond San Jose, CA
    June 7, 2014 7:47 p.m.

I just listened to the interview and he is certainly very convincing and presents some compelling arguments on how to build a team both offensively and defensively. I think he has a lot going for him. He certainly has an ideal opportunity to succeed. He has inherited a great who that needs the type of player development he excels at. The Jazz also have an opportunity to get another excellent prospect later this month and have the cap space to bring in some veteran players through free agency or trades. Of course all of this is academic until tip off, but I think there is reason to be hopeful.