Sports

Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy signs rookie contract with Detroit Lions

Comments

• VegasUte Las Vegas, NV
    June 6, 2014 11:26 a.m.

@Michael Romney

You are correct on both your accounts. That doesn't mean he wasn't a threat on every play. I was happy for his lack of success against the U and for his failed "Super Bowl"' but the dude doesn't play for byU any more, so I won't keep kicking him. He has talent and I wish him the best in the NFL. Whether he fails or succeeds in the NFL has no real impact on me or the U.

No need to wish him a "Jimmer" career - that's just mean!

I still love your posts though - keep up the good work!

Cheers!

• Michael Romney Salt Lake, UT
    June 5, 2014 10:51 p.m.

KVN called the Utah game his "Super Bowls" and continued the byu tradition of all talk and no walk.

Cheers KVN!

• Michael Romney Salt Lake, UT
    June 5, 2014 10:47 p.m.

@VegasUte,

Do I need to remind you his record against Utah? He never beat Utah and didn't do much to slow down the 54-10 demolition a few years back. His stats are inflated by playing one of the worst schedules in the nation and he'll likely turn out as Jimmer has in the NBA

Cheers brothers!

• VegasUte Las Vegas, NV
    June 5, 2014 5:29 p.m.

Nice job KVN. I'm glad Utah doesn't have to face you anymore.

Have a long and great career!

• Johnny Triumph American Fork, UT
    June 5, 2014 4:16 p.m.

Wow, I'd like to get a $7.1M deal! Way to go!

• Ernest T. Bass Bountiful, UT
    June 5, 2014 1:46 p.m.

Congrats to Van Noy!

• Big Sky Fan Ogden, UT
    June 5, 2014 10:42 a.m.

Van Noy is such a stud, I really like this guy, and the Lions are one of the up and coming teams in the NFL. Can't wait to cheer for such a classy person like him and Ziggy. Go Lions, Go Cougars.

• 2020 Herriman, UT
    June 5, 2014 10:38 a.m.

I have no love for BYU, but how can you not hope KVN has long successful career. Good luck to him.

• Sore loser tampa, fl
    June 5, 2014 9:33 a.m.

Thank you writer for clarifying OTA's as being 'organized team activities'. That acronym has been bugging me for a few weeks now, not knowing its meaning.

• KYUte Louisville, KY
    June 5, 2014 8:08 a.m.

Congrats KVN!

• ute alumni SLC, UT
    June 5, 2014 7:09 a.m.

He'll be great. His life has been an inspiration of endurance and hard work. KVN keep it up and don't let yourself go backwards

• Proud Ute ,
    June 4, 2014 7:28 p.m.

Congrats to KVN.
    Best wishes for a long, healthy career.