Faith

Double amputee born to 11-year-old mother finds comfort in LDS faith

Comments

• TMEA12 Highland, UT
    May 27, 2014 6:34 p.m.

I knew Shanthi when we were both in a single's ward. She always has a positive attitude. One time she was asked on a date and the boy wanted to take her bowling since she had never been before. Instead of saying no or asking how she was supposed to bowl, she had some friends go with her before so she could figure it out and have a good time on the date. She ended up figuring out how to bowl with her feet (after convincing the manager that she couldn't wear the appropriate bowling shoes). It was a great time and her positive attitude is one I will never forget!

• jdcates56 Mesa, AZ
    May 27, 2014 6:29 p.m.

Inspiring and powerful.

• MoJules Florissant, MO
    May 27, 2014 10:49 a.m.

How sad for her birth mother, but one day she will meet her and I am sure her mother now watches and is filled with joy seeing how blessed her child is.

• Brio Alpine, UT
    May 27, 2014 9:26 a.m.

I very much enjoy reading this type of feel-good story to help counterbalance all the negativity in the news. Thank you for this and for the genuine inspiration it provides.

• grandmagreat Lake Havasu City, AZ
    May 26, 2014 12:39 p.m.

Another "reach for a Hanky" story. What a blessing for this family to have found this special spirit and what a blessing for her that she was found, and was raised in a loving family that has taught her about her Heavenly Father.

• Mormonmama0106 Phoenix, AZ
    May 25, 2014 11:24 a.m.

What a beautiful and inspiring story! I agree with others, I wish we could learn more about her. What an amazing woman.

• Forgiveness is the Answer St George, UT
    May 25, 2014 2:58 a.m.

Beautiful story, inspiring comments by her, beautiful smile, beautiful kids, and lucky husband. Only thing lacking in the story is it didn't tell enough.

• Martin Handcart Descendant Azusa, CA
    May 24, 2014 8:33 a.m.

Beautiful and inspiring story and family. Thank you.

• hockeymom Highland, UT
    May 24, 2014 8:22 a.m.

Good for her! All life is precious. I wish the world would wake up to that fact.

• FanOfTheSith Vernal, UT
    May 24, 2014 6:47 a.m.

What an amazing inspiring story. Excellent job DN and thank you.

• Nan BW ELder, CO
    May 23, 2014 6:06 p.m.

This is a truly inspiring story, and I appreciate DN for including this genre of human interest. I wish it would have told more about her present life. The photo is great too, and also makes me want to know more.