Utah

Brylee earns her wings

Comments

• Yvonne Moore Bountiful, UT
    May 22, 2014 2:33 a.m.

I lost two people to brain tumors. The first was an older sister she fought for eleven years and had a total of 3 brain tumors that swelled to half her brain. The strange blessing is she wasn't in pain at the end and her children and family had time to say goodbye. She was too good to die young but she made our families faith grow stonger and we held a walk-a-thon in Golden Gate park .It was finally real to us that we lost her The second was a dear friend who was much younger Chandary was in her late 30's a survivor of Thyroid cancer,her tumor came on fastbut still we prayed she would find a cure as her tumors were inoperable. She tried experimental stem cell using her own stem cells after Chemo and before radiation. She came back home and died from the tumors spreading quickly after returning home. They were older but the pain remains. Bless your family in this time of grief.

• Weber State Graduate Clearfield, UT
    May 21, 2014 11:57 a.m.

Bless this little angel.

• JBQ Saint Louis, MO
    May 21, 2014 11:49 a.m.

God Speed.

• vangroovin West Jordan, UT
    May 21, 2014 11:07 a.m.

This story has a special meaning to me. Though hard to witness a child, or anyone, go through this, what a blessing it has been to me to know of my Savior Jesus Christ who has helped me carry my load and helped me see God's purposes for my trial(s). There are so many blessings that can come from such an event as this. It's hard to see right after it's happened, but they are there: the outpouring of comfort, love, and support from others, knowing that you have done something so selfless as to care for that sweet child if even for a brief time, knowing that trials really do make us stronger and more capable. There are many blessings to see. God bless this sweet family - you'll make it. :)

• Grandma 20 Allen, TX
    May 21, 2014 10:23 a.m.

My deepest condolences to the family in your great loss. "Sunday will come." (Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin)

• Craig Clark Boulder, CO
    May 21, 2014 9:10 a.m.

How rough it must be for parents who know that the fight can’t be won to hang onto a life for which they had hopes and dreams. Every day becomes precious knowing that soon she will no longer be around. Let’s cherish the time we have with those we love while they’re here.

• One opinion west jordan, UT
    May 21, 2014 9:09 a.m.

What a special young lady she is to have brought the local and internet community together with such tender feelings of love and encouragement. What special parents she has who will love her forever as she will them. God bless you all!

• goosehuntr Tooele, UT
    May 21, 2014 8:39 a.m.

My heart aches for this family. Today we weep with you, but "joy cometh in the morning." Hope on, because there is much to hope for. The only good thing about separation, is the incomprehensible, and incomparable joy at reunion... and as the Sun rises in the morning sky, there will most assuredly be a rising from the grave. My heart is with you today.

• kiddsport Fairview, UT
    May 21, 2014 8:25 a.m.

From an eternal perspective, our lives here are only a moment. We have been assured that a child who spends such a short time as Brylee must be a very special spirit and there is hope that this mother and father will eventually be blessed with seeing her again and witnessing her progression into adulthood. I hope they can cherish the precious few moments they were able share and that they have the strength to endure the heartbreak of momentary separation.

• Furry1993 Ogden, UT
    May 21, 2014 4:51 a.m.

Our condolences and best wishes to her family and friends.

• FanOfTheSith Vernal, UT
    May 21, 2014 12:09 a.m.

Despite the fact that it is still hard, well said...

"I do know that she's not suffering anymore," she said, "that she's running around playing, and she's got her curls back."

• benny02 slc, ut
    May 20, 2014 10:26 p.m.

sometimes life is so unfair.
    wow what a sad story...brings tears to one's eyes.
    never will understand why this happens to such innocence.

• samhill Salt Lake City, UT
    May 20, 2014 8:23 p.m.

No matter that this was anticipated, it is a very, very sad event anytime a child dies so young.

My grandnephew died soon after his 8th birthday with a similar brain cancer he fought gallantly for more than half his life. It was heart wrenching to see him spend so much of his time in the hospital, being poked and prodded for the seemingly endless tests and treatments in the ultimately futile attempt to fight off the cancer.

I feel awfully sad for this family and the millions of others around the world who bear the sometimes unbearable burden of loving and fighting for children whose lives are destined to end much too soon. The price of love is too often very great. But, having someone like Brylee in their lives, however briefly, is immeasurable compensation.

I hope many others will join me in contributing to the funds set up in support of Brylee's family.

As I said to my grandnephew, goodbye Brylee and sweet dreams forever.