Sports

Utah Jazz hope to buck the odds in NBA draft lottery

Comments

• Wanda B. Rich Provo, UT
    May 20, 2014 2:25 p.m.

I predict the Jazz will trade their eventual #6 pick to the Suns and will end up taking CJ Wilcox at #14. He's a local product, and he's not Jimmer, so it all makes sense by Jazz logic. Oh, and the new Jazz coach will not be John Stockton, but Jim Boylen. Ouch.

• rvalens2 Burley, ID
    May 20, 2014 12:09 p.m.

@ABELIEVER

I love the lottery. I know it's not perfect, but it beats the other alternatives I have seen people promoting. Poor teams may make the lottery each year, but at least they aren't guaranteed the top pick as a reward for having had a lousy season.

• myvision7 Golden, CO
    May 20, 2014 12:08 p.m.

I couldn't disagree more ABELIEVER's comment. A fan should never be put in a position to root against their team winning a game. And all of this tanking nonsense for a higher draft pick killed me as a fan this season. The lottery should be reworked to where every non-playoff team gets the same chance in the lottery. There is such a financial incentive for teams to host even one playoff series that the borderline teams would keep shooting for the playoffs and not tank to get in the lottery. Fix this Silver. I do not ever want to have to feel conflicted about wanting my team to win again.

• ECR Burke, VA
    May 20, 2014 5:30 a.m.

"The lottery will be televised on ESPN, beginning at 6 p.m. MDT from the Disney/ABC Times Square Studios."

Uncle Rico's comment above appears to give me an answer to a blaring question I have after reading this article. I see the DN has given us details about the time and channel on which the lottery will be televised but there's another question - WHAT DAY?

Basic information. Journalism 101.

• ABELIEVER roy, UT
    May 20, 2014 1:36 a.m.

I wish the lottery would go away and have a regular draft depending on your record like the NFL does. With the way the season went I can see the Jazz getting the 6th or 7th pick in the draft, however I'm hoping for the best and I would love to see Parker in a Jazz uniform. Good luck Jazz and if the Jazz gets the 7th pick, Aaron Gordon or Marcus Smart would also be fun to watch in a Jazz Uniform. I quess you can't lose in this draft, but please NBA kill the lottery.

• Uncle Rico Provo, UT
    May 19, 2014 9:52 p.m.

Tomorrow we find out what number Doug McDermott will be drafted.
    (Come on just admit it you know the Jazz are going to take him at #1 or #7, or whatever pick they get)