Sports

Former BYU star Kyle Van Noy won't be embarking on NFL career alone

Comments

• Rikitikitavi Cardston, Alberta
    May 6, 2014 6:47 a.m.

Great to see so many classy Utes join the congrats here for the soon-to-be Mr. and Mrs KVN. You are really what makes the healthy rivalry great.

• Proud Ute ,
    May 5, 2014 9:53 p.m.

KVN has earned my respect.
    Best of luck to him and his bride.

• Darren Rowe Heber City, UT
    May 5, 2014 3:11 p.m.

Watching Kyle's story has been incredible. He very easily could have gone somewhere else when Bronco told him to wait a year to play. He also could have left a year early for the NFL, and nobody would have blamed him.

To see him grow so much as a person, graduate, and get married by pushing through adversity is awesome. He is the perfect example of the purpose of the program Bronco runs. If anyone wants to grow as a football player, student, and person, BYU is the best place to do it.

• SLSmitty Salt Lake City, UT
    May 5, 2014 12:29 p.m.

Best of luck to the future couple as they now embark on a journey that'll be full of much surprise. I'm a Utah fan but I still wish the best for KVN. He's well derserving of whatever role he lands wherever he lands. He served his 4 years, I hated him, I wanted him to lose, but those years are over. I really hope he goes out and has a long successful career and that his teammates turn to him as a leader quickly.

• 54-10 Salt Lake City, UT
    May 5, 2014 11:18 a.m.

Talented, pretty girl and a future NFL star.

Good luck to both of them.

• nhatch82 Eagle Mountain, UT
    May 5, 2014 10:09 a.m.

@big12

"We'll see what kind of pro he turns out to be, probably a 2nd string kind of guy"

Kinda shows how what kind of clout your comment holds. Mock Draft from SI has KVN going second round and tagged as a instant starter. I don't know for sure if you would get a job for SI. For a school that prides itself on its research capabilities the fan base struggles at times.

• SLCguy Murray, UT
    May 5, 2014 9:29 a.m.

incredibly petty .... even for Ogden

It's REAL easy to sit at home in your parent's basement and be an internet genius. Few ever actually see the work that it takes to get to this kind of level ........ For either of them.

Good luck to the couple, they will be a real asset to whatever city they end up in.

p.s. I am NO BYU fan at all, believe me. But it's isn't very hard to recognize excellence when you see it

• RBN Salt Lake City, UT
    May 5, 2014 9:14 a.m.

Good grief Big 12 Call Yet (errr.... Chris B). I would have loved to have KVN play at the U. By all accounts, Ms. Powell is a high integrity and intelligence person. KVN has overcome some mistakes to become a quality person, and great football player. I wish them well in life and the NFL.

• BU52 Provo, ut
    May 5, 2014 6:52 a.m.

slow news day in happy valley.

• Brent T. Aurora CO Aurora, CO
    May 5, 2014 12:46 a.m.

Hope you're moving to Denver after draft day to play with next year's Super Bowl Champion Broncos. Best of luck to the Van Noys.

• BYUalum South Jordan, UT
    May 4, 2014 10:02 p.m.

Congratulations to you both! Pretty soon you will be millionaires. Keep it all in perspective and live according to the covenants you will take in June.

It will be exciting to follow KVN in the NFL, for sure! Go Cougars!

• bradleyc Layton, UT
    May 4, 2014 9:46 p.m.

I wish the couple all the best! A couple of awesome kids.