Utah

'Jacked-Up Jerry' ready to sell 'Doomsday House' in Four Corners area

Comments

• JapanCougar Apo, AP
    May 2, 2014 12:45 a.m.

But wait, there's more....if you call within the next hour you will get his free book "Do it yourself doomsday medicine", a $200k value for Free. That's 1 Doomsday house for 5.9M, plus 1 free Doomsday book (value 200k) for one low price with negotiable financing.

• Most Truthful and Patriotic Layton, UT
    April 29, 2014 8:39 a.m.

It only takes a bit of Googling on the internet machine to find out that this guy is in serious financial trouble (foreclosure) and is being sued.
    Previous plans were for a "luxury resort" and a "five star restaurant 100 feet in the air". Obviously, the restaurant would be perched atop that old communications power.

He's tried everything to get rich; it hasn't worked.

So now he thinks the world is ending. Get a job, Jacked Up.

• sky2k1 Provo, UT
    April 28, 2014 12:36 p.m.

@BYU Joe, I'm not saying I agree with mr doomsday in the article, and I can't imagine anyone dropping bombs in southern utah, but you can test bombs in south east nevada, and the wind can carry the radiation to st. george where people will die from the cancer. just throwing that out there.

• crimendelsiglo Spanish Fork, UT
    April 28, 2014 12:06 p.m.

Cooooooooooooooooooo.....l !
    being able to take a $5Million loss and walk away.
    Cooooooooooooooooooo.....l !
    does he have john denver's gasoline reserve tanks ?
    the real question is does the house/property have a raised garden
    i don't have the money, but maybe he will finance me. i'm a loner

• deseret pete robertson, Wy
    April 28, 2014 12:05 p.m.

Maybe Clive Bundy ought to consider it to protect him from the BLM Swat Team.

• rnoble Pendleton, OR
    April 28, 2014 11:49 a.m.

That owner financing is what is really intriguing. It seems he no longer thinks such protection is necessary.

• shamrock Salt Lake City, UT
    April 28, 2014 10:14 a.m.

I've never understood why anyone would want to live in a post-Armageddon world. Dying's no treat, but it would be far better than that.

• MrsH Altamont, UT
    April 28, 2014 10:05 a.m.

quickmatch, I agree.
    I've always said I do NOT want to survive a nuclear disaster.
    I would rather go right away than deal with the aftermath.
    And I was wondering, too, like others here: If this is the perfect fortess, why is he moving?

• quickmatch Oak Park, IL
    April 28, 2014 9:23 a.m.

I suspect that if the rest of the world is melting down the risk at his location isn't blast overpressure but fallout...long term fallout...so enjoy canned TV while your body builds up to a leathal dose.

• dotGone Puyallup, WA
    April 28, 2014 9:04 a.m.

Right, Samhill. I also wanted to know why he was moving! and where to!

• Shimlau SAINT GEORGE, UT
    April 28, 2014 8:37 a.m.

@McMurphy; yes

• fish8 Vernal, UT
    April 28, 2014 8:37 a.m.

Sadly for Jerry, most doomsdayers don't have anywhere near 5.9 million dollers. Most own a 15 year old pickup and several guns. Being cooky doesn't pay too well.

• elgreco grand junction, CO
    April 28, 2014 8:34 a.m.

I'm not sure Leave It to Beaver would be my TV program of choice after the apocalypse. Perhaps The Twilight Zone would be more appropriate.

• McMurphy St George, Utah
    April 28, 2014 7:14 a.m.

If I give him $5.9 million do you suppose he would paint the house. Pink ??

• TimBehrend Auckland NZ, 00
    April 28, 2014 5:50 a.m.

I think the best place to be if a nuclear weapon is dropped on Manhattan is sitting in Central Park, not hunkering underground in Yellow Jacket. No bagels.

• samhill Salt Lake City, UT
    April 27, 2014 9:19 p.m.

"McMullin said he moved to the rural community of Yellow Jacket because he was worried about natural disasters and terrorism."
    ==================

The whole time I was reading this article the main question I had was left unanswered.

If he's so worried about the potential for all sorts of disaster and is obviously serious about preparing for such, where in the world is he moving to that is better than the place he already has?!

I might hurt his argument that this place is such a Nirvana for people anxious to prepare for Armageddon when his final statement would have to be, "And, I'm moving."

• BYU Joe MISSION VIEJO, CA
    April 27, 2014 9:04 p.m.

Great - you can watch Leave it to Beaver while the world burns - then you can come out and be in the middle of no where with no friend and no life. But no worry - you can have filtrated water and fight off the Zombies that are sure to follow.

By the way - who drops a bomb in Southern Utah? Ah - No One.

• Ernest T. Bass Bountiful, UT
    April 27, 2014 6:20 p.m.

Sounds completely within the realm of reality.

• U-tar Woodland Hills, UT
    April 27, 2014 3:10 p.m.

Cooooooooooooooooooo.....ky

• george of the jungle goshen, UT
    April 27, 2014 2:30 p.m.

Being certifiable myself, I can come up with a lot of conspiracy theory's. I fantasize a lot but my wife keeps me on a leash.