Sports

USU football: Matt Wells extended through 2018 season

Comments

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    April 19, 2014 11:37 p.m.

Oh yeah I must've forgotten that. Since that bowl is on the same level as the Potato Bowl. Not one of the big 4. Depends on your point of view.

• tinplater scottsdale, AZ
    April 19, 2014 8:20 a.m.

Stango, you must have missed the picture of them winning the Poinsettia bowl as well. Winning two bowl games in successive years is hardly mediocre!

• Manfred Man Salt Lake City, UT
    April 19, 2014 12:09 a.m.

@Stang

Thanks for proving Tin's point completely right.

Any semi-objective commentator anywhere can easily and rightly say that an Aggie victory over a ranked Northern Illinois team in the 2013 Poinsettia bowl is a clear step above the victory over Toledo in 2012.

And for crying out loud... I'm a die-hard Weber State fan and even I can see this.

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    April 18, 2014 9:00 p.m.

I did and a picture of the Aggies winning the Potato Bowl was next to it. I have no ability but the aggie faithful do? That's curious. What's higher then the Potato Bowl? Only everything but the aggies can only expect to go to Idaho.

• tinplater scottsdale, AZ
    April 17, 2014 7:51 p.m.

Stango, look up the meaning of "mediocre" and then tell me USU 9/5 season with a bowl victory was mediocre. I know how you operateā€¦USU = bad. You have no ability to judge or analyze when it comes to Aggie anything. Meanwhile the rest of us USU fans have enjoyed two consecutive fabulous seasons, and are looking forward to a third with even higher expectations.

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    April 17, 2014 1:14 p.m.

Utah wasn't good but they still beat USU. BYU wasn't as good as in years past but they still beat USU. As for SUU, we have never had that record and we made the playoffs. Sounds like a really good season to me. Not only me but the school.

• tinplater scottsdale, AZ
    April 16, 2014 9:46 p.m.

Stango if 9 and 5 is mediocre, then what do you call 5 wins 7 losses (Utah), 8 wins 5 losses (BYU) or 8 wins 5 losses SUU? Might consult a dictionary for the definition of mediocre.

• VAggie Bristow, United States
    April 16, 2014 11:54 a.m.

Winning your division, and shutting down a Heisman candidate in the bowl game you win is never mediocre. It's very good. However, I'll give you that very good is not necessarily amazing or excellent. If Wells went to SUU, I'm sure you would be very happy.

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    April 11, 2014 2:19 p.m.

One mediocre season for a mediocre team and he get's an extension? Miracles do happen.

• Go Big Blue!!! Bountiful, UT
    April 11, 2014 11:23 a.m.

It is hilarious how a fun little regional program gains so much attention from a fan that only has a conference to root for.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    April 10, 2014 11:06 p.m.

good news for aggies, although it really doesn't mean much.

Utah state is a fun little regional program to follow and I think once every 10 times we play them they'll continue to find a way to beat us.

I support USU whenever they aren't playing us(or another conference team)

Go aggies!

• Sambonethegreat Salt Lake City, UT
    April 10, 2014 6:52 p.m.

Fantastic news for a fantastic coach. Couldn't be more pleased to hear that the AD is being more proactive about providing incentives for good coaches to stay in Logan.

Go Ags! Beat the Vols (come August)!!

• Guam_Bomb BARRIGADA, GU
    April 10, 2014 5:20 p.m.

Congratulations to Wells and his staff.