Opinion

Glenn Beck: The news is about to get a lot more personal

Comments

• endoftimes Vernal, UT
    April 11, 2014 11:11 p.m.

Wonder - I laugh at the comments of all these Beck haters. They don't even listen to him, otherwise how would they know what he talks about? Huh?

GaryO - Here's some examples - Beck reported first on Fast and Furious, Harry Reids illegal campaign contributions to his family, the girl taken from her family permanently in Massachusetts, ACORN corruption. The list is quite long actually.

• Craig Clark Boulder, CO
    April 9, 2014 3:10 p.m.

Anti Bush-Obama,

"Michael Savage has a PHD. that's something that LDS liberal doesn't have the courage to admit when he goes into his little spill about neocon radio dropouts."
    ______________________________

Michael Savage squandered his academic investment in restless searching. When he finally emerged from the wilderness, it was to distinguish himself as a talk show dispenser of acid and bile. That’s the closest we presently have to a solid clue to the great mind he was honing all those years.

• freedomingood provo, Utah
    April 9, 2014 1:31 p.m.

So Micheal Savage is a liberal elitist that spent 8 years earning a liberal education. So goes the broad brush of conservatives.

• Anti Bush-Obama Chihuahua, 00
    April 9, 2014 1:00 p.m.

• RedShirt USS Enterprise, UT
    April 9, 2014 10:14 a.m.

To "Schnee" really???!! Are you that oblivious to what those people pushed through congress.

Bush probably is the best example becuase his policies mirror Obama's so well. We have Bush's use of tax payer money during the mortgage bailout. Conservatives said NO, but he thought that government was the solution. Next, you have his statement that to save capitalism we have to abandon it. That is a Progressive idea, not conservative. Conservatives wanted to allow the old companies that were bloated to die. You have Bush's medicare expansions that were mini versions of the ACA. You have Bush enacting the Patriot act to get more power to government, followed up with Obama making the worst parts of it permanent. Bush did nothing to secure the borders, and Obama is doing the same. Bush gave us No Child Left Behind, Obama gave us Common Core. Both have policies of increased central government control of our lives.

Tell us, what policies have changed since Obama took office? I have asked that question to many liberals, and they have never come up with anything significant.

• Wonder Provo, UT
    April 9, 2014 10:11 a.m.

To a true believing tea party "patriot", you can't disagree even one time on any of the current tea party beliefs or you are clearly a "progressive." Even though 99% of the time you agree. That's fine with me. Make the tent smaller and smaller.

• Mister J Salt Lake City, UT
    April 9, 2014 10:09 a.m.

to RedShirt

What about the Odin, The flying spaghetti monster, Vishnu, Angra Mainyu, yada yada yada?

• Schnee Salt Lake City, UT
    April 9, 2014 9:57 a.m.

@Redshirtcaltech
    Other than immigration and at least Graham's previous support for cap and trade (I forget if McCain did too), there's nothing progressive about McCain, Graham, or Bush. Saying they're progressive is about as logical as calling me conservative because I had 17% agreement with Republicans in a political ideology quiz I took the other night. You'd just be ignoring my 92% democrat and 70% socialist scores.

• RedShirt USS Enterprise, UT
    April 9, 2014 9:53 a.m.

To "Open Minded Mormon" I hate to tell you this again, but you are wrong.

Al Jazeera is not unbiased. They had one of their reporters quit on air becuase of the heavy bias that the company has.

As for your scriptural references, again, you are wrong. People like Sherem, Nehor, and Korihor are like the liberals/Progressives that you worship. They taught that you should NOT believe in Christ. Just look at all of the liberal organizations that are doing their very best to eliminate Jesus from view.

Glenn Beck and the other conservatives teach that you should believe in Jesus, and constantly ask the world to belive and follow Jesus.

To "Mister J" that is because they are too busy sucking up Baal.

• GK Willington Salt Lake City, UT
    April 9, 2014 9:47 a.m.

re: Craig Clark

"He fingers Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson for starting the downhill slide but shows little more than a vague understanding of its early development in late 19th and early 20th century America."

TR & WW were just an equal and opposite reaction to the Gilded Age when Corporate monpolies (Rockefeller, JP Morgan, & Carnegie) ran wild.

p.s. I would not trust Beck to put shoes on my feet if I had a closet full of flip flops.

• Mister J Salt Lake City, UT
    April 9, 2014 9:42 a.m.

to RedShirtCalTech

I don't recall any Liberal Progressives sucking up to or being part of the Theological Right like those you cited.

• Hank Pym SLC, UT
    April 9, 2014 9:38 a.m.

re: Open Minded Mormon earlier today

I don't know whats more comical. Glen (Lonesome Rhodes) Beck masquerading as a voice of reason when he is really stirring the pot and inflating his personal net worth. Or, those who actually take his shtick as gospel truth.

• Stormwalker Cleveland , OH
    April 9, 2014 9:30 a.m.

PBS. NPR. BBC News. Those resources I find trustworthy. They take the time to cover the issues, and are much less worried about that "if it bleeds it leads mentality."

Glen beck is infotainment, like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Neil Bortz. He might occasionally be right, but it's occasional.

What he is advocating is more information from sources that you already agree with. That's scary.

Personally, I miss Walter Cronkite. I guess that makes me old.

I also miss Johnny Carson – I'm sure he had political views, he was a human being, but you didn't know who he stood for or where. He made fun of everybody and we all laughed because everybody's side was a target when when they did something stupid or cringe worthy.

• Open Minded Mormon Everett, 00
    April 9, 2014 8:21 a.m.

Best [unbiased] news sources --

PBS,
    Al Jazeera America.

Glenn Beck is "Informtainment",
    NOT News.

The formula is pretty simple --
    Read a news clip,
    And then give 3 hours of one-sided, one-way political commentary.
    Telling your fans precisely what they WANT to hear -
    as opposed to what they need to hear.

This simple formula has made $millions for;
    Rush Limbaugh,
    Glenn Beck,
    Sean Hannity,
    Mike Levin,
    Michael Savage,
    Sherem,
    Korihor,
    Nehor,
    et al.

• RedShirtCalTech Pasedena, CA
    April 9, 2014 7:55 a.m.

To "Schnee" John McCain, Lindsey Graham, George Bush, and quite a few others are Progressive Republicans. Just look at their records and compare what they do to the uber Progressive Obama. Is there much of a difference?

• Craig Clark Boulder, CO
    April 9, 2014 7:54 a.m.

el steve o,

"....If it wasn't for Glenn, no one would understand the dangers of Progessivism (on the right and left)...."
    ______________________________

Glenn Beck’s understanding of the history of Progressivism in America is about as informed as his grasp on the Constitution of which he prattles on about as though he’s a world class authority on the subject. He fingers Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson for starting the downhill slide but shows little more than a vague understanding of its early development in late 19th and early 20th century America.

Listen to him if you want to but I don’t regard Beck as qualified to give anyone a proper education on Progressivism or any other era in American history.

• Schnee Salt Lake City, UT
    April 8, 2014 7:08 p.m.

@el steve o
    "If it wasn't for Glenn, no one would understand the dangers of Progessivism (on the right and left)."

There is no progressive right. If there were I'd like the right a lot more since I'm a Progressive.

• GaryO Virginia Beach, VA
    April 8, 2014 6:23 p.m.

Hey el steve o –

Can you give ANY examples where GB scooped any major stories?

He makes up stuff, but that’s not nearly the same as reporting the news.

• Wonder Provo, UT
    April 8, 2014 5:41 p.m.

Some of you keep implying that if we don't like Glenn Beck's brand of "infotainment" we must be avid MSNBC watchers. Not so. I don't like extremism from any source. Won't watch Fox, won't watch MSNBC, won't listen to Glenn, won't listen to Rush, can't stand any of them. Give me intelligent information from sources like PBS, the Economist, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, etc. any day. If you believe the hooey that Glenn tells you, you're a sucker. And I've noticed that Glenn fans tend to be very frightened -- ok, paranoid, really. Not a good way to live your life. No, everyone is NOT out to get you.

• el steve o Herriman, UT
    April 8, 2014 5:17 p.m.

If you're not listening to Glenn you're basically clueless about many important issues. Usually he'll start reporting on an issue and the rest of the main stream media might catch up and start "reporting" on a very surface manner 6 - 18 months later. That's if the mainstream (unnrelaible "news" organizations)ever get past the latest sensational non-story.

If it wasn't for Glenn, no one would understand the dangers of Progessivism (on the right and left). The "left and right" are distractions for progessive (corrupt business as usual, cronyism, abuse of power etc.) tyranical activities of government.

• Ernest T. Bass Bountiful, UT
    April 8, 2014 5:06 p.m.

So Beck claims corruption between big business and government is the problem but fails to tell us that it is his side of politics that is mostly to blame for that.

• Mark l SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    April 8, 2014 4:51 p.m.

Technology has made it very easy to be informed these days. RSS is a great tool to stay up to date with what is going on in the world. Any news organization or individual can create an RSS feed that anyone can subscribe to. It is incredibly easy to keep up with a variety of sources across the spectrum.

• GaryO Virginia Beach, VA
    April 8, 2014 4:42 p.m.

Hey 4601 –

"Shooting the messenger?" Glenn Beck is no "messenger." He’s a guy who dresses up in a Nazi uniform and cries. Is that your idea of a serious news man? . . . a messenger?

Nobody is shooting any messenger. They’re just laughing at a guy who likes to act like a clown.

"Whatever he says it could not be as bland as network news or as blatantly one sided as MSNBC."

Beck's "news" certainly is not bland. It's not news either. It's silly entertainment that some people actually take seriously.

And you say Beck is not "Blatantly one sided?" Oh that's right. Beck is one of those "fair and balanced" guys from FOX "NEWS."

• Schnee Salt Lake City, UT
    April 8, 2014 4:15 p.m.

@4601

Better to be bland and accurate than fiery and wrong, and considering what he thinks of people like me (a progressive), he can totally be more blatantly one-sided than even MSNBC and Fox.

• 4601 Salt Lake City, UT
    April 8, 2014 3:27 p.m.

While I don't listen to Glenn Beck, it seems that shooting the messenger is only defense his critics have. Whatever he says it could not be as bland as network news or as blatantly one sided as MSNBC.

• slcdenizen t-ville, UT
    April 8, 2014 2:54 p.m.

No worries, once the spoiled boomers start dying or becoming senile, Mr. Beck will lose his audience. The pursuit of truth has never been Beck's repertoire and constantly reinventing himself is just to ensure his ignorant audience that his intentions are pure. Call me a cynic, but Mr. Beck is nothing more than a charlatan, selling simplistic ideas and theories to an audience that has never been interested in critical thinking, honest dialogue, or journalistic pursuits.

• UtahBlueDevil Durham, NC
    April 8, 2014 2:32 p.m.

BrentBot… his predictions on what came true? Like the devaluation of the dollar? Or that Gold would be above $2,000 an ounce? Are to completely ignore that while he was preaching of the distraction of the value of the dollar, that his lead sponsor was, yes, you got it, a company that sells investments in gold.

And no, Gold didn't go about $2,000. In fact it has lost ground. And the dollar has traded in the same range as it has for the last 6 years.

By the way, I still have my same insurance, I still go to the same doctor. And Obama will stop being president after the next elections, in a very non-dictator like manner. I am not sure being a dictator means what you think it means. Then again, Lincoln's detractors also called him a dictator. So while I would never compare Obama to Lincoln, at least they are both hated by the same crowd.

• Mr.Glass Salt Lake City, UT
    April 8, 2014 2:31 p.m.

@play by the rule. You wrote, "Thank God for Glenn's courage to stand against the hatred and bigotry of the left." Fair enough. Many, but certainly not all, indulge in hatred and bigotry. I hope you encourage him to have the courage to stand against the hatred and bigotry on the right.

• andyjaggy American Fork, UT
    April 8, 2014 2:30 p.m.

As others have stated this is not a good thing, we will now have an even more slanted and filtered view of reality. Both sides really, it seems no one wants to hear any information that doesn't align with their current world view. Conservatives and liberals alike. Of course these days even when presented with differing information most of us chose to ignore it, or claim it's biased or manipulated by that evil mainstream media.

• Noodlekaboodle Poplar Grove, UT
    April 8, 2014 2:21 p.m.

@Willard Smith
    Well, depending on the year I was either in jr high or high school. Your bringing up stuff from over a decade ago, we're talking about todays media, and i'll still assert that todays media is broken into two groups, apolitical sensationalists, and political activism disguised as news.

• BrentBot Salt Lake City, UT
    April 8, 2014 2:08 p.m.

Glenn is the most prescient commentator on television. Many of his predictions of war incubating in the middle east and expanding outward have become true. His predictions of Obama planning to ignore the rule of law and act like a dictator have certainly become true. His prediction that you won't be able to keep your doctor or hospital or insurance plan under the ACA (Obamacare) turned out to be correct.

• 2 bits Cottonwood Heights, UT
    April 8, 2014 2:06 p.m.

Happy Valley Heretic
    I only listen for a few minutes I'm in the car, and I've heard him tell his listeners to do their own research many times. If you've never heard thim say that... you have never listened to anything but a clip cut to embarrase him on MSNBC or something, becaue whenever I listen I hear him encourage his listeners to do more research any anything they hear from him or his guests.

I've never heard Rachell Maddow encouraage her viewers to do any reserach on her snarky comments.

===

anotherview,
    I guess if we split the hair exactly down the middle... he may not be a Communist TODAY. But obviously he thought he was at one time, and he's never said he's not.

That and his involvement with STORM (Standing Together to Organize a Revolutionary Movement) which is an organization with admitted Marxist ties, and his support for Mumia Abu-Jamal, a prisoner sentenced to death for murdering a police officer, And his current postion as Senior Fellow with the Center for American Progress.... makes me think he still leans that way...

• Owen Heber City, UT
    April 8, 2014 1:34 p.m.

This is all you need to know about Bro. Beck: "... Beck is persistent in his assertion that The Blaze does not support any particular party ..."

R.L. Stevenson: to tell the truth is not merely to state the facts, but to leave a true impression.

• airnaut Everett, 00
    April 8, 2014 12:47 p.m.

I see the name "Glenn Beck",
    and all I envision is --

John Birch Society,
    Birther,
    9/12,
    and
    Snake Oil Salesman.

He's found his schtick,
    He's made his $Millions.

But the truth is same as it was 50 years ago --

“The Paranoid Style in American Politics,” by Richard Hofstadter, from the
    November 1964 Harper's Magazine.

The more that things change,
    the more they stay the same.

• Craig Clark Boulder, CO
    April 8, 2014 12:29 p.m.

Glenn Beck has carved out a niche for himself that is not likely to bring him a Pulitzer. He’s a hero to those who see him as a champion of their values but his conspiracy theories and superficial interpretations of American history are not highly regarded by intellectuals of either the left or the right. He didn’t even last at Fox News where I initially expected him to be a natural fit.

• anotherview SLO, CA
    April 8, 2014 12:20 p.m.

Re:2bits
    It doesn't surprise me you can't see/won't admit the false statements made by Beck.
    Jones book(wiki):

"We are entering an era during which our very survival will demand invention and innovation on a scale never before seen in the history of human civilization. Only the business community has the requisite skills, experience, and capital to meet that need. On that score, neither government nor the nonprofit and voluntary sectors can compete, not even remotely."

Please identify the communism in that statement.
    Please identify sources asserting Jones was a "choir boy" or even denying he said he WAS a communist. WAS is the pertinent word. Apparently I should believe not that Beck WAS a drug user but that he IS currently abusing drugs?

Please provide your source for Jones having been in prison, that he wasn't vetted by the FBI etc.

"He NEVER wants anyone to just believe what he says at face value. He always wants you to do your own research as well and come to your own conclusions "

Oldest con man sales tool in the book. Beck knows most won't or lack the intelligence to do so.

• Happy Valley Heretic Orem, UT
    April 8, 2014 11:59 a.m.

2 bits said: "I listen to Glenn Beck sometimes driving to work. I only get a few minutes... so I don't get the whole story, but I've never heard him say anything without also encouraging his listeners to do their own research from their own sources to see if they come to the same conclusion."

This may be true but I've yet to meet a "Becker" that actually does.

I know this because I have to look up what relatives send me from Glenn's head, and then send them back the rest of the story, which they ignore because it doesn't have Glenn's twist on it, go figure?

• Rockyrd Gilbert, AZ
    April 8, 2014 11:47 a.m.

Latter-day Saints are told to study political issues before making political decisions or voting. To study something involves looking at a variety of points of view and carefully considering each. I would not look to Glenn Beck for political truth any more than I would rely solely on MSNBC, Fox News or CNN. In fact, with his track record, Beck would be one of the last places I would look. Anyone who relies on just one or two sources is not getting the entire picture, but instead just reinforcing their own ideas. That's not study. Look at a variety of sources, liberal, conservative and in-between. That's good counsel for Latter-day Saints as well as the country as a whole.

• 2 bits Cottonwood Heights, UT
    April 8, 2014 11:34 a.m.

IF the info about Jones was a smear... why did the President accept his resignation? He SHOULD have stood by him!

IF the info about Jones was false... every listener should know that, because they should do their own research and make sure know the truth for themselvs. If some research would show what Beck said was false... his listeners would know. And yet... they found it to be true.

I researched it. I found it to be true. I could post a list of things that back up what he said about Jones, but I don't have room. But research it yourself.... you will find there's some truth there... AND some slant. Not false... but a posibly slanted view of Jones and his activities. But the view that Jones was a choir boy... is also a slanted view of the truth.

This is verbatum from Van Jones wikipedia page...
    "In October 2005 Jones said he was "a rowdy nationalist" before the King verdict was announced, but that by August of that year (1992) he was a "communist"...

He said he was a "Communist"... in his own words. And yet you deny it!

• anotherview SLO, CA
    April 8, 2014 11:13 a.m.

Re:Redshirt

Here are a few:
    Beck falsely claimed: (repeatedly)
    Jones spent time in prison
    Jones was a "mysterious czar" accountable to no one.
    Jones had gained control over $500 in Green Jobs Act funding and could dole the money out on a whim.
    Jones was not "vetted" by the FBI
    Jones is presently a communist.

#1 Jones was arrested as a legal monitor at a protest. After spending a short time in jail, all charges were dropped and Jones won a legal settlement for his unlawful arrest.
    #2. Jones was hired by the Chair of the White House Council on Environmental Quality as an advisor.
    #3. Department of Labor had the authority over the program, with normal rules governing the funds.
    #4. Jones was vetted by the FBI according to staandard protoccol.
    #5 Jones never joined the communist party, did proclaim himself a communist for a time in the early 90's, but then became a proponent of capitalism and published a book in 2005 asserting his capitalist views.

Jones is not the only person Beck has smeared.

• Willard Smith Will, IL
    April 8, 2014 10:54 a.m.

@Noodlekaboodle
    ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX don't have a political agenda? If it bleeds it leads? (rather depending on who is doing the bleeding)

Where were you in the late 1990s? When a clear case of obstruction of justice was spun by ABC, CBS, and NBC anchors as nothing more than a sexual dalliance. Well, I guess one's politics can determine whether a legal suit is justified or not.

No political agenda. That's rich!

• 2 bits Cottonwood Heights, UT
    April 8, 2014 10:27 a.m.

Seems like a pretty fair approach. He NEVER wants anyone to just believe what he says at face value. He always wants you to do your own research as well and come to your own conclusions (whether they agree with his or not).

I don't hear people on MSNBC or any other news outlets encourging their listeners to do that...

===

Glenn Beck is biased... he regularly and clearly admits that.

He points out constantly that his program is not "News"... He's not a "Reporter" or a "Journalist"... it's an "OPINION" show.

When people understand that... they get more out of it.

When people don't.. they just judge and condemn without really knowing what they are condemning.

• RedShirtCalTech Pasedena, CA
    April 8, 2014 10:24 a.m.

To "anotherview" why did Glenn Beck say about Van Jones that was not true? Van Jones admitted in his own public statements that he was a communist, and had even signed a truther petition.

Glenn has presented the information about Van Jones that he has collected. Where is your evidence. Right now we only have your opinion.

• Craig Clark Boulder, CO
    April 8, 2014 10:24 a.m.

I don’t see how this would be much of a change at all. People already selectively choose their news sources to make sure they hear only what they want to hear.

• Noodlekaboodle Poplar Grove, UT
    April 8, 2014 10:18 a.m.

@Willard Smith
    No ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX are very different than Glenn Beck, MSNBC and Fox News. The letter networks don't have a political agenda. What they have is the old school mentality of, if it bleeds it leads. They are sensationalists, and whatever is the most crazy story is what is going to get their focus. The other group takes the news then puts it through their ideological filter. They are not just reporting the news, and they have an editorial process that only allows things that fit into their narrative to be aired/published.

• anotherview SLO, CA
    April 8, 2014 10:17 a.m.

If one is looking for straight news, PBS is the best. Yea, it can be boring at times. Whenever there is a presidential debate i watch it on PBS because they don't have the endless dissection of the debate and partisanship.

• Hutterite American Fork, UT
    April 8, 2014 10:15 a.m.

Beck has skin in this game, so of course it's a good thing for him.

• LDS Liberal Farmington, UT
    April 8, 2014 10:07 a.m.

“Why don’t we try to build a platform that is different than the rest of the media, that has a different point of view, doesn’t look at things as ‘left’ and ‘right,’ right and wrong, and certainly doesn’t see Republican and Democrat as the box that we have to play in,” he told Flipboard’s Paul Katz.

Though Beck is persistent in his assertion that The Blaze does not support any particular party

========

Wow!
    Are you kidding me?

Seriously?

Just, Wow!

• Pendergast Salt Lake City, UT
    April 8, 2014 8:44 a.m.

Just give me the facts/info and let me decide for myself what I should think believe

I feel sorry for people who religiously devote themselves to 1 news outlet... Especially if its E!

p.s. Wasn't it Professor Beck at one time a proponent of independent thought or was that all smoke & mirrors??

• anotherview SLO, CA
    April 8, 2014 8:31 a.m.

It is ironic DN has multiple articles on Mozilla and then an artcile on Beck, Beck repeatedly smeared and lied about Van Jones, resulting in Jones resigning from his job.

I've listened to Beck plenty--not via MSNBC.

Truth? Not Beck.

• Hank Pym SLC, UT
    April 8, 2014 8:22 a.m.

re: Kings Court

Bloomberg IMO does the best reporting facts. But, that is primarily financial news. Headline News in the a.m. does a decent job too.

Things have reached a new high in lows; mornings on The Weather Channel have more of a Today show format & feel.

• Willard Smith Will, IL
    April 8, 2014 8:19 a.m.

Filtered News has been going on for a long time. The only difference is who is filtering the news. Glenn Beck is no more guilty than the alphabet News organizations or what is commonly known as the Main Street Media. Depending on your political leanings you may trust or distrust FOX News, but your political leanings are not a guarantee of the correctness of the news you trust or distrust.

I have to laugh at the individuals who automatically condemn one side of the spectrum and the news outlets associated with that side, and continually demonstrate their ignorance of the issues raised by that spectrum.

• Kings Court Alpine, UT
    April 8, 2014 7:49 a.m.

What news? You can't watch or hear news anymore. All you see or hear are a few, media obsessed stories pounded over and over again, and then interpreted by a panel of people. If you want to find the news, you have to search long and hard for the days most important events. You have to look even further to avoid the spin.

• play by the rules SOUTH JORDAN, UT
    April 8, 2014 6:36 a.m.

Thank God for Glenn's courage to stand against the hatred and bigotry of the left. Now let's sit back and watch the open minded left (who have never listened to him) fill up the message board with their ignorance.

Thank God for Glenn who is willing to stand against the threats on him and his family every day to pursue the truth.

• slcdenizen t-ville, UT
    April 8, 2014 6:30 a.m.

"truth was the largest casualty in the information wars."

Indeed, Mr. Beck... indeed.

• 2 bits Cottonwood Heights, UT
    April 8, 2014 6:20 a.m.

I suspect this is going to be an interesting topic. And most of the hot posts are going to come from people who don't subscribe to his network or know first-hand what he is saying, and judge him based on their predjudice assumptions about him, and what somebody on MSNBC said they heard him say.

You kinda need to know what he's actually saying and doing to judge him (IMO). I don't subscribe, so I don't know what he's up to. But I'm sure there will be those willing to judge him completely having never heard him, just based on rumors and assumptions.

I would be very interested to hear what a real listener with an open mind thinks.

• UtahBlueDevil Durham, NC
    April 8, 2014 6:10 a.m.

"“It’s going to get to a place where it is much more personal, where you’ll be able to see, whatever it is you’re looking for, you’ll be able to see the truth.”

I think the problem is you will create such a filtered view of the world, that you will be able to create your own truth. Filtering out all the stuff you don't want to hear will create extremely slanted points of view, with little to no understanding of those who have opinions differing from your own. You will be able to create your own reality, unchallenged, and unbalanced.

Truth and Honesty will become as equally warped as is the definition of Marriage is becoming. It will all become relative.