Utah

Parents remember child, 6, who died days after law was passed in her name

Comments

• LDS Liberal Farmington, UT
    March 17, 2014 10:43 a.m.

Western Rover
    Herriman, UT

Agreed.

What you said is like not allowing Morphine to be used in Hospitals because it's Opium based --
    or Novacaine to be used in Dentists offices because it's Cocaine based --
    neither of which is street legal.

The Hemp oil is completely inert and non-psychoactve [as compared to Diet Coke which IS a stimulatant].

Again IMHO -- Fear and Ignorance killed a little girl.
    We can and should do better than this.

Thank Heavens HB105 passed.

• Western Rover Herriman, UT
    March 17, 2014 10:02 a.m.

Is Charlee's death just the price we have to pay to keep Utahns from smoking marijuana, "I know it. I Live it. I Love it"? Because the system we had before this law was passed was so effective at keeping marijuana out of the state?

If in order to prevent a junkie from harming himself, I must also prevent a patient from getting what will help her, I vote for liberty every time. Especially if the more restrictive option winds up allowing the junkie to get his fix anyway.

• I know it. I Live it. I Love it. Provo, UT
    March 17, 2014 7:37 a.m.

I'm fine with the oil. I'm just not fine with people growing themselves. Pharmaceutical companies manufacture a vast amount of drugs we can't and shouldn't. However- if alternatives like HempMedPX prove effective, laws like this aren't necessary and open up doors unnecessarily.

• airnaut Everett, 00
    March 17, 2014 7:04 a.m.

Owl
    Salt Lake City, UT
    This child's story is very sad and hopefully hemp oil can alleviate the suffering of these patients. Does the hemp oil change the natural history of Batten disease which is caused by a genetic mutation and whose outcome is usually fatal?

5:00 p.m. March 16, 2014

===========

Stop it entirely no --

But it does Prolong life for many mnay more years,
    and it does manage the seizures for a better, more normal quality of life, YES.

300 sezuires per day down to 1 to ZERO.

Something "pharmaeucitical" medications obviously failed to do.

Sad, she had to suffer by those driven by their own ficticious fears and ignorance.

• Owl Salt Lake City, UT
    March 16, 2014 5:00 p.m.

• samhill Salt Lake City, UT
    March 16, 2014 2:22 p.m.

Very, very saddening with only the knowledge that she is now feeling much better as any consolation.

My deepest condolences to her parents, family and friends.

• Open Minded Mormon Everett, 00
    March 16, 2014 10:29 a.m.

God bless you little one.
    May what you suffered be applied to helping other children in your situation.

[For same on the over-reactionary zealots who kept her from getting the MEDICAL help she needed over their fear and ignorance!]