Faith

Christian Grammy winner, Mandisa, doesn't attend award show

Comments

• UtahBlueDevil Durham, NC
    Feb. 1, 2014 3:53 p.m.

I have only recently started really listening to CCM and have been very pleasantly surprised by the quality and variety of music in this genre. Lots of great people doing great things… and we should support them and reward them for sticking to standards.

Great stuff…. and nicely done Mandisa.

• SuziQ Springville, UT
    Jan. 31, 2014 7:13 a.m.

I applaude these women for taking a personal stand and making it public. They will surely be publicly mocked by those who as are more vocal and who would like to make this decision look bigoted because it is founded on a moral foundation. Our society has become fixated on the personal choices of what used to be the minority. How frightening if our silence has contributed to this situation. All those who would like to see decency restored need to let their opinions be heard. I personally am tired of the celebration of mostly naked, sex obsessed, exhibitionist "entertainers". I would hope that others feel the same way.

• charmw62 charlotte, NC
    Jan. 30, 2014 12:40 p.m.

I think it is wonderful to see these women of faith stand on their beliefs. It seems in this day and time you get a backlash if you voice your opinion on anything. I am glad they turned their words into action.

• RedWings CLEARFIELD, UT
    Jan. 30, 2014 11:18 a.m.

It is wonderful to see two talented artists stand up for their beliefs. Integrity is quickly becoming a lost virtue in our society. It is good to see examples of high moral character and integrity in the media....

• joe5 South Jordan, UT
    Jan. 30, 2014 8:26 a.m.

Very impressive! Tough industry to be in and still maintain your own values. I'm sure there will be many, in and out of the music industry, that will not understand. Some industry insiders, media, and fans are bound to mock or worse. Hopefully these two (and, for that matter, all of us who try to be faithful to God) will not wither under the pressures they are bound to endure.

• WRK Riverton, UT
    Jan. 30, 2014 6:31 a.m.

It is truly amazing and refreshing to see people stand for what they believe in when the world is in such troubled times. I hope and pray that I might do the same in no matter the surcumtances in my life. I will surely use these two as an example that there are really still good people in the world.

• mlngilbert Stockbridge, GA
    Jan. 29, 2014 9:18 p.m.

I think it is truly fantastic when celebrities take a stand and stay true to their faith when many of the rest are mocking anything religious or living lives offensive to our very creator. I would love to see more of them do exactly what these two ladies did for themselves. What and amazing example to set for our youth today.

• Hutterite American Fork, UT
    Jan. 29, 2014 9:13 p.m.

Justin Bieber didn't attend, either.

• Brother Dave Livermore, CA
    Jan. 29, 2014 6:18 p.m.

It's Great to see these two young lady singers avoiding that which they feel
    Offends the Spirit of the Lord. They have lots of talent and apparently lots of
    conviction that they must not gravitate down to the level of today's newer
    "New Morality".

From this story it looks they want to focus their lives and talents on the Lord Jesus,
    where "Their Reality" (their feelings for the Lord) doesn't Fade with the lights, and
    the "worldly" music, and the crowds.

Lord Bless these young Gospel/Christian singers!!

I'm planning to some their music!!

• SillyRabbit Layton, 00
    Jan. 29, 2014 2:01 p.m.

Well, I have many thoughts about this, most of which are probably better left inside my head.

I'm so humble and gracious when I don't criticize others' life choices.

You know, because they affect me.

• gmlewis Houston, TX
    Jan. 29, 2014 1:44 p.m.

This is an inspiring story of faith and obedience to the Lord on His holy day.