Family

Band with Utah roots and Mormon members, Imagine Dragons, awarded Grammy

Comments

• antodav TAMPA, FL
    Feb. 9, 2014 4:01 p.m.

A great band made up of great guys actually gets recognized for the great work they have done. Such a rarity, which makes me both proud and happy. 😊

• GK Willington Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 2, 2014 9:51 a.m.

They are more like say Coldplay or Bruno Mars. Essentially, not rock.

I get sick and tired when uptempo pop is called as Rock.

Rock music is (shameless plug coming) 106.5 or KBER in here in the SL Valley.

• Ldslady Holladay, UT
    Jan. 28, 2014 8:39 p.m.

I first saw this band on of all places, KBYUTV! They do this series called "The song that changed my life" and I saw them and knew this band had talent! Way to go guys. You do Utah proud. Rock can have meaning. It can be more than just loud nasty noise. I was glad to hear you won.

• Utes Fan Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 28, 2014 11:45 a.m.

@Hutterite

"If it's newsworthy, every time someone who is a mormon or has utah roots gets charged with something or incarcerated, you should highlight their heritage and religion, too."
    ------

There are plenty of people on the internet and in multiple news sources that already do that.

• Cougsndawgs West Point , UT
    Jan. 28, 2014 8:45 a.m.

Reflectere:
    Have you even listened to some of their songs or watched how they've touched people's lives, including a girl in Ogden struggling with a terminal illness in Ogden when they played at Weber State for a concert? Just because the music may not be your taste doesn't mean it isn't uplifting for many who listen to it. Hymns have their place and can inspire one to do good, but so do many of the songs performed by imagine dragons. Their humility and willingness to personally uplift individuals who are struggling with their personal demons is an inspiration to many. Congrats to them on the Grammy.

• js113 SPANISH FORK, UT
    Jan. 28, 2014 8:42 a.m.

I didn't know they were from Utah. I love Radioactive and Demons.
    Congratulations Imagine Dragons!

• ca2000 West Wendover, NV
    Jan. 28, 2014 8:23 a.m.

@Nayajja: I agree with you 100%. "It celebrated energy and doing. Sometimes, we need that." That is exactly what I need in my life at this time.
    Thank you for your uplifting comment!

• caf Bountiful, UT
    Jan. 28, 2014 7:21 a.m.

Awesome news! I listen to many of their songs and find that they have many thought provoking lyrics and catchy tunes. Yay for Imagine Dragons! So happy that they won some awards! I'll have to tell my daughter.

• Nayajja Ephraim, UT
    Jan. 28, 2014 5:53 a.m.

@Reflectere: I have to say that uplifting can come in forms other than songs we could sing in Sacrament meeting. It has been over four decades since I really heard any new rock song that did a whole lot for me, but this one did. It celebrated energy and doing. Sometimes, we need that.

• Reflectere Utah, UT
    Jan. 27, 2014 10:30 p.m.

I think Wayne needs to rethink what it means to "uplift" people. Rock music does anything but achieve that end.