Utah

'A dream fulfilled': Lindon couple closing doors of beloved community theater

Comments

• silverbear Goshen, UT
    Dec. 21, 2013 11:26 a.m.

My Mother Ruth Blair loved this grand Theater. We had many fun memories. Thanks for the great times. We will miss you.john

• Eliyahu Pleasant Grove, UT
    Dec. 21, 2013 8:33 a.m.

It would have been nice to read something in the two pages of this article about why they're closing the theatre. I'm sure it wasn't just an arbitrary decision based on a fleeting whim.

• Humbly Yours Camas, WA
    Dec. 21, 2013 1:29 a.m.

I first met the Renstroms after moving into their neighborhood a few years ago. Both were well into the sunset of their lives even then, with Keith not quite 90 years of age.

We have since moved out of state, but I have reflected on their examples of devoted service many many times since, and the influence they have had on me and my family. They are a living testament to all who know them that love and giving and blessing others can happen at literally EVERY stage and time of life, for Keith was 52 when I was BORN, and their impact on me was felt when first meeting them nearly 40(!) years later.

God bless you and thank you for your legacy of love.

• jeanie orem, UT
    Dec. 20, 2013 6:23 p.m.

My family was involved in The Best Christmas Pageant Ever one year. My kids wanted to try out and landing a few parts. I ended up being talked into a part as well. That was an enjoyable and memorable experience. Thanks to the Renstroms and their dedication!

• DN Subscriber 2 SLC, UT
    Dec. 20, 2013 5:06 p.m.

This is just one of many example of what loving and caring people can do to enrich a community without government mandates or funding. Good, clean, wholesome family fun.

And, Mr. Keith Renstrom has done a lot more for his country and community that just what appears in this story. THANK YOU for all of your services!

• jonjon Cedar Hills, UT
    Dec. 20, 2013 1:01 p.m.

I remember going to this theater as a kid very vividly. They are great memories. I used to drive by it a lot, sad to see it come to an end. Thanks for keeping it running for so long.