Utah

MTC missionaries find charity, service in lentils and rice on Thanksgiving Day

Comments

• Wacoan Waco, TX
    Dec. 2, 2013 5:14 a.m.

I live just down the road from Texas Convert and I have a son in the MTC who participated in the service project as well. We miss him and look forward with joy to his faith filled Friday letters.

• suzyk#1 Mount Pleasant, UT
    Nov. 29, 2013 11:36 a.m.

that's what the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is all about...helping and loving others with all of our hearts and strength.

• texas convert Stephenville, TX
    Nov. 29, 2013 11:10 a.m.

As a mother of a sister missionary who reported to the MTC on November 20, I was wondering what she and the other missionaries might be doing on Thanksgiving Day. How might the MTC choose to honor this great American holiday since so many missionaries were away from their families.

Because of this article, I caught a glimpse of what our daughter spent her time doing on Thanksgiving Day. I can only imagine the true impact this activity had on our daughter and the other missionaries. Thanks be to the article's author and the vast and sincere humanitarian efforts of the church. I am humbled and over-joyed at this great work that goes about so quietly and substantially.

Even though we miss our daughter, there is no place on earth I would rather her be, even if she did miss our Thanksgiving gathering.

Mosiah 2:17
    And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.

• tgurd Gonzales, LA
    Nov. 29, 2013 9:23 a.m.

You go Missionaries and keep up the Lords work, he will bless you and your families more than you can begin to imagine. As you meet members through out the world you will find a continual family of people who love and care about you, you will be blessed and learn to love all of Heavenly Fathers children. Bless each and everyone of you and most of all bless you Mother and Fathers that have instilled the desire for you young men and women to serve in the Lords army of teaching the Gospel

• IA Cougar West Des Moines, IA
    Nov. 29, 2013 6:43 a.m.

LOL..."Utes Fan"....I thought the same thing only opposite. WHAT? RED hairnets at BYU? What is going wrong in the church! Of course, I'm joking. This is a great story of service that made me feel great on a "Black Friday" morning. What a great thing for so many missionaries to do!

• Utes Fan Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 28, 2013 10:52 p.m.

Nice job, missionaries! Love the RED hairnets!