Sports

Utah football notebook: Utes fail to register a sack

Comments

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    Nov. 25, 2013 9:20 a.m.

@who are you

"Probably the most disappointing defensive effort in my 40+ years of following the Utes"

What about that time BYU hung 70 on them?

• oaklandaforlife SLC, UT
    Nov. 24, 2013 4:34 p.m.

I love all the attention from BYU fans. I guess when your own team plays cupcakes 8 times a year, it can be very boring.

• Ute buster Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 24, 2013 11:26 a.m.

Offense looks terrible and the defense followed right along. Losing to the pac bottom feeder is just about what the pac expects of the new bottom feeder. That's why WSU voted to allow them in. They needed someone to replace them at the bottom. WSU headed in the upward direction and utah is headed downward, and fast.
    I think BYU is loving their independence and are playing in some great venues across the country and on national TV almost every week. What a great time to be a Cougar.

• Who am I sir? Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Nov. 24, 2013 10:46 a.m.

I hope to hear from the coaches why they defended like they did. Pre game the talk was the need to put pressure on the QB - rush and fluster him. Not only did we not get a sack. I question if we got a "hurried"! It seemed to me we played zone prevent with little variation as they picked us apart! Probably the most disappointing defensive effort in my 40+ years of following the Utes!

• worf Mcallen, TX
    Nov. 23, 2013 9:26 p.m.

As I've said before:

The reason Utah, and Colorado were invited into the conference,-was to pad the other teams with more wins,-and make more PAC teams eligible for bowl games.

It's happened two straight years, and benefited teams like Washington State.

• Down under Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 23, 2013 8:54 p.m.

Top ten defense........really? I'd say a bottom dweller defense.
    Anytime you let WSU score 49 points your defense s exposed for what it really is.