Sports

Utah State football: Aggies shut out Colorado State

Comments

• Go Big Blue!!! Bountiful, UT
    Nov. 25, 2013 7:38 p.m.

You can't give enough credit to the kicker Saturday. The rugby kick was perfect. The long kickoffs out of the end zone were perfect. The high punts that pinned CSU needing long long yardage were perfect. Did I mention the kicker was perfect? For past seasons when the kicking game cost the Aggies wins, Saturday the kicking game was fantastic!!!

• Sambonethegreat Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 25, 2013 2:52 p.m.

I'd much rather be competitive in the Mountain West than a doormat in the PAC, Chris.

To each his own, but please quit spamming our pages. Say something new or insightful for a change.

• RedWings CLEARFIELD, UT
    Nov. 25, 2013 1:53 p.m.

ChrisB - The Utas are showing that they are not ready to be in the PAC 12. After years of using the MWC to bolster them and get them to a bog conference, what success has the U had? One win over Stanford.

USU is moving up the FBS ranks. Winning the WAC in its last year, then coming to a stronger MWV and losing on conference game to date. And playing for a division championship. This is a great time to be an Aggie!!!

• RSLfanalways West Valley, UT
    Nov. 25, 2013 1:18 p.m.

Well now USU may have to beat Fresno, since they may not qualify for a BCS Bowl. If USU goes to Las Vegas they may get a second chance against USC.

• Ironmomo Ogden, UT
    Nov. 25, 2013 12:32 p.m.

@ Christopher B

You got invited to the party like you wnated. Is it our fault you forgot how to dance?

• AF_Aggie North Las Vegas, NV
    Nov. 25, 2013 11:32 a.m.

I'm never going to hope the Aggies lose, in order to help Fresno get a BCS bid, which in turn brings some money to the conference. However, it might make a loss to Fresno sting a little less. The fact that the Aggies are competing for the title in their first year, despite all the injuries and setbacks, is awesome. Just need to get through Wyoming!

• Waylon77 Logan, UT
    Nov. 25, 2013 11:02 a.m.

USU winning the first ever Mountain West Conference title game, in their first ever year in the conference, against an undefeated team would be a pretty hard thing to put a price tag on. In my opinion, too the fans, recruiting and the program in general it would be worth much, much more than any money they might glean from Fresno making a BCS bowl appearance.

• Mars_ Logan, UT
    Nov. 25, 2013 8:25 a.m.

The Maddox is just good enough to make me tempted to be an anti USU troll around here just for the free meal... But not quite. ;)

A ginormous blue ribbon should go to Special Teams. And another one to the Aztecs who cleared our path for us.

Bring on the Pokes!!!

• tinplater scottsdale, AZ
    Nov. 25, 2013 6:33 a.m.

Missing nearly half the offensive starters to injury and this team refuses to quit. I am so proud of the effort of the Aggies.

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    Nov. 24, 2013 11:30 p.m.

Aggie84 wanted to take me out to dinner? How creepy is that.

• A1994 Centerville, UT
    Nov. 24, 2013 10:14 p.m.

@RSLfanalways

Good point. But as an Aggie fan who used to sit in a mostly empty stadium and wonder if they'd even beat Stephen F. Austin, this is a really good dilemma to have!

• RSLfanalways West Valley, UT
    Nov. 24, 2013 8:36 p.m.

Aggies have an interesting dilemma. When they win next week they will be going to the MWC Championship against Fresno. Win or lose the Aggies get to go to Las Vegas Bowl. But if they beat Fresno, USU this will receive less revenue for USU and the conference since Fresno will probably not go to a BCS Bowl.

• tinplater scottsdale, AZ
    Nov. 24, 2013 8:01 p.m.

Chris B just doesn't get it. Of course we couldn't compete in the PAC 12…USU doesn't have the fan base, resources, or facilities to compete at that level. But we are in the perfect conference for us where we can compete for the championship and go bowling too! What is sad for Chris B is it appears that despite the U's huge advantage compared to the Ag's they can't compete either! As I have said before, Harvard Yale great games..could they compete in the MWC? No. It's all a matter of degree. I am so pleased with this week..my ASU has a shot at the Rose Bowl and the Aggies win in both basketball and football. Glorious!

• Long Lost America Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 24, 2013 5:11 p.m.

I'm a little surprised at the poor coverage of the Aggies today in spite of the fact the Boise loss puts them in 1st in their division and in the driver's seat for the MWC title game berth. Let's not talk about my Utes in football anymore this year, see what improvements recruting can do.

• Sambonethegreat Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 24, 2013 5:08 p.m.

Chris B is the only fan I know who would rather his team lose in a big conference than win in a small one.

And come on now, Utah reached top-five glory in the Mountain West Conference! I'm surprised Chris hates the MWC so much. The league did a lot more for the Utes than the PAC has (or ever will do for that matter).

I love my MWC membership, Chris! Thanks for revealing how much you care about us! Why else comment around here?

• Aggie84 Idaho Falls, ID
    Nov. 24, 2013 3:44 p.m.

@StrangeO
    If you would have taken my invite to come to the game I would have taken you out for dinner at Maddox afterwards. You would have also found out that the wind was a major factor in the low scoring.
    @ USU studentbody
    Very disappointed in the poor turnout. You have a championship football team, at least for the Mountain Division, and you don't show up. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves. I hope you show up for the Mountain Division Championship game next week and then high tail it down to the Y game.
    I think Wells needs to come up with a new comment on how games are won. Defensive players make plays and defensive players win games.

• RSLfanalways West Valley, UT
    Nov. 24, 2013 11:27 a.m.

Poor Chrissy and Stangy. Well at least USU is going to a bowl game and will be able to play for the MWC Championship. And another note the basketball team is doing good. It is a good year to be an Aggie.

• AF_Aggie North Las Vegas, NV
    Nov. 24, 2013 11:12 a.m.

Awesome win, and thank you SDSU for giving us a shot at the title! And thanks to all the haters who love to jump on the threads and run down our WAC 2.0 membership. Honestly, their ability to spin things is amazing and I love reading it. I think we all do. I can understand their pride in their respective schools, I have the same for mine. It's unfortunate they don't have much to be proud of lately, since they are beyond horrible. Remember your football history, it might put things in perspective for you and remind you that you were horrible once too, found success, then returned to being horrible. There's a way back hopefully! In the meantime, me and my fellow Aggies will enjoy our success!

• plyxply SLC, UT
    Nov. 24, 2013 10:39 a.m.

I'm so glad the Aggies aren't going to be sitting home during the bowl games. They get those extra 15 practices to get better and us fans get to anticipate another game for another month. I guess sitting home looking at their PAC 12 bumper stickers makes up for having to begin watching their poor basketball team so early this year. I always laugh when I see some poor Ute fan with their Pac 12 stickers all over their car wondering if they like the 4-16 record they have in the pac 12. Good times.

• Deamon North Logan, UT
    Nov. 24, 2013 8:22 a.m.

Who would ever think the MVP of the game could be the punter, but if you were there you could see why, conditions were terrible. And with San Diego State beating Boise State the Aggies will be in the MWC title game if we can beat Wyoming next week. Lets hope we can fill Romney Stadium for the biggest game of the season. I've never been so proud of a team for overcoming the kind of adversity this team has overcome, and we lost a couple more players yesterday. This a team that has a ton of heart.

• Ironmomo Ogden, UT
    Nov. 24, 2013 12:40 a.m.

Boise loses to San Diego State in OT....great for the Aggies.

Now they just need to take care of business against Wyoming and they'll be in the MWC Championship game.!!!!

GO AGGIES!!!

• A1994 Centerville, UT
    Nov. 24, 2013 12:17 a.m.

Nice Win Aggies. And now that Boise State lost, USU has the chance to win its division. Of course, they are not as good as SUU because SUU beat UNLV by quite a bit a few years ago....I'm told.

• Sambonethegreat Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 23, 2013 11:09 p.m.

It's always fun pitching a shut-out. It's even better when you're the only FBS team in the state to win a game this week. That was the best I've ever seen our D play.

• Who am I sir? Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Nov. 23, 2013 10:58 p.m.

Here's hoping you win the conference and looking forward to your bowl..... just hope it isn't the great Idaho potato Bowl!

• merlinblacknight2 logan, UT
    Nov. 23, 2013 10:24 p.m.

so dose anyone have any info on the players that were injured??

• RSLfanalways West Valley, UT
    Nov. 23, 2013 10:05 p.m.

The only teams that won today was USU and Weber. Crazy wind at times which kept the passing game not to good.

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    Nov. 23, 2013 9:57 p.m.

Wow they beat another nobody team in the WAC 2.0 how great. You think the "Best team in the WAC 2.0" would be able to score more points against guys like this. Who is Richard? Anybody know who Richard is?

• ChristoperB Salt Lake, UT
    Nov. 23, 2013 7:40 p.m.

IfelaSofa,

The Pac 12 is 9-0 against the WAC2.0(MWC) this year

LOL!

Yes, I'll take our licks while we learn to play with the big boys over being in a nobody conference playing nobodies all conference play ANY day.

And the funny part? So would you!

In aggie fans wildest dreams they imagine the Pac 12 calling(we wont)!

The honest truth as much as I hate to say it, byu is a much better program than the aggies.

Go undefeated, finish in the top 5 of the rankings, beat an SEC powerhouse in a bowl game, then come talk!

If we wanted to just go bowling, we'd have stayed in the WAC 2.0 and beaten up on nobodies all year like you.

LOL

• Champ72 logan, UT
    Nov. 23, 2013 6:18 p.m.

That was fun. But dang it was cold. Great defense Aggies. Lets keep it going

• Mars_ Logan, UT
    Nov. 23, 2013 6:03 p.m.

I darn near froze my tuckus, but what a game to be at!

Now if SDSU can help us out...

• Ifel Of'a-sofa Alpine, Utah
    Nov. 23, 2013 5:55 p.m.

USU Wins! Someone has to represent the state with a W!

ChrisB Richard and Ken must be having crow for thanksgiving.

Aggies going bowling.

Cougars going bowling.

Utes needs a 2 for 1 coupon for the Miracle Bowl bowling alley.