Comments about ‘Children sickened in carbon monoxide leak in southern Utah’

Return to article »

Published: Monday, Nov. 18 2013 8:18 p.m. MST

Comments
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Most recommended
codger
Southwest Utah, UT

Scary situation, but in the story, carbon monoxide is CO, not CO2, right?

Ironmomo
Ogden, UT

You would think a school district could invest in a few CO sensors for it's schools to provide some type of detection and alarm.

Why would I?
Farmington, UT

Why would I be surprised to find that the State or Local Fire Marshal did an annual inspection and discovered the venting problem, assuming that's what it was that produced the problem.

We complain about the costs of schools, yet we don't think they need inspections for such mundane issues as properly vented gas fired appliances. All we scream about is large class sizes and low teacher pay. Wait until the big earthquake hits and see how many of these buildings throughout our State fold (collapse) like wet toilet paper.

to comment

DeseretNews.com encourages a civil dialogue among its readers. We welcome your thoughtful comments.
About comments