Comments about ‘Utah football: 6th-ranked Oregon overpowers short-handed Utes’

Return to article »

Published: Saturday, Nov. 16 2013 7:40 p.m. MST

Comments
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Most recommended
Chris B
Salt Lake City, UT

I'll take a 10% chance of beating a powerhouse team over a 90% chance of beating a division II team on senior day, ANY DAY!

Since Utah beat Stanford, and Virginia(still only 1 division 1 win), I figure neither these games are 100%.

Go Utes!

Chris B
Salt Lake City, UT

Defense looking SOLID as usual

Chris B
Salt Lake City, UT

"Utah defensive line is one of the best in the country"

Per the commentators

And Oregon, in RARE form, kicks field goal on 4th and 2. Shows the respect Oregon has for Utah.

jarka-rus
Layton, Utah

ChrisB
what's your prediction?
I predict Oregon 78 Utah 3

Ken
Sandy, UT

Isn't it funny how byu fans are suddenly fans of a lot of Pac 12 teams? Since they can't beat us, they cheer for teams that can

Stay the Course
Salt Lake City, utah

Watching the game looks like men playing with somes boys
Chris hope you are watching the BYU game by Your Own Admission me thinks you will become a BYU fan

Lifelong Ute
Salt Lake City, UT

Defense playing like beasts!

Chris B
Salt Lake City, UT

@jakarus

Oregon 34
Utah 21

It would be 78-3 if byU were ever invited(LOL, we wont) to the Pac 12 and played Oregon this year

Justmythoughts
Provo, UT

Chris....guess who Utah plays their first game of the season next year....? Idaho State...be careful what you say.

jarka-rus
Layton, Utah

@ChrisB
Could also quote all day the great things "commentators" say about the Y too.

jarka-rus
Layton, Utah

@ChrisB
"'ll take a 10% chance of beating a powerhouse team over a 90% chance of beating a division II team on senior day, ANY DAY!"
so how about that Weber State game huh? wasn't that a high school team? lol

Lifelong Ute
Salt Lake City, UT

Reilly is the best linebacker in the state, hands down.

David
Centerville, UT

So far the only reason Utah's move to the PAC has been good has been the money. Regarding the level of play they are putting out, they should have stayed in the MWC. Just sayin'.

Ken
Sandy, UT

Guys have come out swinging. The attitude these guys have is impressive. Love the way they just fight fight fight!

Oh, please!
Saint George, UT

@ Ken....

You're right. I'll cheer for anyone who plays against the Utes.

@Chris B

You and other Ute fans are irritated when BYU supporters post on Ute articles. Why, then, are you bashing BYU in a comments section about the Ute getting beat up by Oregon? Pain avoidance is just that...avoidance.

GO DUCKS!

Big 12 Call Yet?
Ogden, UT

Touchdown!!!

10-7

Long Live the Pac 12 Utes!

2013 Ute Seniors SWEEP byU 4-0
Ogden, UT

@StaytheCourse,

It's 10-7 almost halftime.

Whittingham has 2(and soon to be 3 with Stanford) wins against END of season top 10 teams.

Guess how many your coach has?

Zero!

LOL

So yes, our chances are looking pretty good against Oregon.

defibman
Syracuse, UT

With that touchdown, we will be playing in the Rose bowl for the NC. Our defense is so good, all the polls will now vote us number one!

defibman
Syracuse, UT

Well, aaahhhhhhh, so much for our wonderful defense. I guess the players heard all the sports guys talking and got caught up in the talk and were wondering who they were talking about and started looking around and got caught with their guard down.

2013 Ute Seniors SWEEP byU 4-0
Ogden, UT

10 point game halftime.

Utah playing great. Couldn't be more positive about future

to comment

DeseretNews.com encourages a civil dialogue among its readers. We welcome your thoughtful comments.
About comments