Sports

5A high school football preview: Brighton vs. Jordan

Experienced 'Diggers, inexperienced Bengals meet in 5A semis clash

Comments

• Pig Skin Fan Syracuse, UT
    Nov. 15, 2013 8:48 p.m.

Kafentzis is a one man show, playing a team sport. Accuracy was not good enough for high school or college. Brighton played as a team and dominate.

• Gunner South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 15, 2013 3:25 p.m.

It was 21-0 before Jordan even got a field goal. Watching the game with Brighton right now, and don't see how that defense has improved. Osa is running all over them. Long way from over, but Jordan better do something different. And Kafentzis is not "on". At least not yet.

• jarka-rus Layton, Utah
    Nov. 15, 2013 2:02 p.m.

@JDigger24
    Your comments are always all over the place, like Gunner said, playing well does not mean you get your butt handed to you 51-23. I remember you Jordan fans before the game throwing all kinds of "kind" words out to the Bingham players warming up on your side, Yona Pritchard said that you didn't know what was coming lol. You probably say Bingham doesn't play well at RES because they lost last year then. Jordan is a decent team this year but is not some unstoppable juggernaut that will coast to the trophy because they look good in practice. Bingham wins state, MINER PRIDE

• Gunner South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 15, 2013 12:22 p.m.

I can say they don't play well at RES. When the only wins they've had there in the past 4 years was last year. And 4 years ago they didn't even make it there. They played well against Bingham there in 10? Really? You didn't watch the same game I did then. 1 pass interference call doesn't result in a 51-23 beat down.

• johnny pigskin Sandy, UT
    Nov. 15, 2013 12:11 p.m.

I would give it to Jordan, hard to beat a good team twice. However if it continues to rain? I think it favore Brightons run game. Hard to call?

• JDigger24 Sandy, UT
    Nov. 15, 2013 9:41 a.m.

You can't say Jordan doesn't play well at RES, especially their last three trips. I even thought they played really well against Bingham in '10 until a blown pass interference call that swung momentum drastically. But the second half of that game was trash lol. As we all know that Bingham was possibly the best team to ever touch a Utah high school field.

• Gunner South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 14, 2013 6:10 p.m.

Yeah I don't know if I'd cal it decently well. A loss is a loss is a loss. I agree on the game tomorrow. I think it may be a really good game. Debating on taking off a bit early before I was to go see my Miners play to watch that one.

• Jfan Sandy, UT
    Nov. 14, 2013 5:35 p.m.

On another note gunner, they did only lose to LP by 4 that year when everyone especially me thought LP would run Jordan off the field. Diggers kept it a competitive game even with Austin out; remember he broke his collarbone. Jordan almost won with Baron and look what he's doing now with LP. The 2010 loss was very legit as Jordan got hammered that year. it was over by halftime. Last year the 2 wins they had at RES wasn't even really competitive. As we know Jordan romped Syracuse (haha) and in the Semi's they easily beat LP. Past history shows Jordan has done decently well at RES. I don't expect a blow out at all; Brighton is really good.

• Gunner South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 14, 2013 4:49 p.m.

Digger: We do know how Jordan plays at RES and the playoffs. Not very well. 09, lost to Bingham in the quarters. 10, lost to Bingham at RES. 11, lost to Lone Peak. Last year was the only win at RES they've had in the past 4 years. You better hope they play better at RES than they have.

• JDigger24 Sandy, UT
    Nov. 14, 2013 3:44 p.m.

After talking to the Jordan coaches I am more pumped than ever for this game. The team is playing twice as good as the last time they met and the practices were looking as good as last years! We all know how Jordan plays in playoffs and especially RES. I think Jordan wins this 49-35!

• Prep Fan 89 Draper, UT
    Nov. 14, 2013 3:28 p.m.

Jordan 40, Brighton 27, in a game that won't be as close as the final shows. Jordan will blow them out this time around!

• Jfan Sandy, UT
    Nov. 14, 2013 12:15 p.m.

I cant wait for this game! Should be a good one too; Both teams have learned a lot from the last meeting in October and now its time to put that to the test. If Jordan can hold Osa under control, although really doubtful to be honest, I give the advantage to Jordan. Yes me being a homer here but I know Jordan can do it. They have more offensive power. Defensively is a different story but lets see if Austin can keep those INT's in check this time. Cant wait for this game

• UHSFB1968 84096, UT
    Nov. 14, 2013 10:34 a.m.

Brighton is not going to win big. They got into a track meet against Herriman last week. Jordan's offense is more potent than Herrimans and they couldnt stop Herriman, what makes you think they are going to stop Jordan. Looking for a shootout at Rice Ecless and a big Jordan win. prediction Jordan 48 Brighton 31

• Pig Skin Fan Syracuse, UT
    Nov. 14, 2013 10:09 a.m.

Brighton wins big, Jordan's Defense too weak, Defensive Studs from last year transfered to other teams because of thier D-coach.

• porkpies SANDY, UT
    Nov. 14, 2013 10:05 a.m.

Sure, I'm a homer for the Bengals, but all that aside, what a fantastic couple of weeks of high school football! For this one, I think it's gonna be much more of a ugly slug fest than a race track game of scoring. When the Bengal D gets a hold of Kafentzis they need to hang on and bring him down hard, make him think twice about running. It's gonna be great, I for one can't wait!Not even sure why I'm at work today.