Sports

Utah State basketball: Former Southern Utah player Kyle Davis set to lead Aggies against SUU

Comments

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    Nov. 16, 2013 11:50 p.m.

@Nugget77

Our AD is a smart man. He knows what USU is all about and I don't think he would work here if SUU was anything like that.

@Sambone

I hope you read this. Because we all know you do. There is a difference between heckling and what the aggies do. A big difference.

• Sambonethegreat Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 16, 2013 11:13 a.m.

@Nugget77

Perfectly said, dude. Many schools would do a lot in order to get the raucous crowds we get on a routine basis.

And anybody who can't take some heckling probably shouldn't be watching or talking about sports in the first place.

• Nugget77 Cache, UT
    Nov. 15, 2013 10:53 p.m.

SUU not wanting to have fans like USU is crazy. SUU would do anything possible to get even close to a typical USU game. It started to die when Reid was hired and was dead by the time they let him go. Robinson appears to be a good coach but he will have his hands full trying to get it "rocking" again.

Stang may not think SUU would like to be like Aggie nation but any AD and/or President would die to have USU's student, community and fan base interest and passion for their players and team. Period!

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    Nov. 15, 2013 12:06 a.m.

Okay I'll be honest. Yes we can. I can assure you that there is more than 40 ticket holders in Cedar. If you don't believe me (probably not, being an aggie) come on down to Cedar and check us out. When we are on fire and we do get there, The stadium is rockin. Maybe not up to USU's standards but that's something we don't need in Cedar.

• Nugget77 Cache, UT
    Nov. 13, 2013 9:24 p.m.

Go Aggies! Great move Kyle for joining Aggie nation and making a huge impact right from the start. The Spectrum is the best place to play ball in the West. Players love the place and who wouldn't? 9,500+ fans at every game, even when they play teams like SUU. Don't trust this Aggie fan, just listen to the comments from national college basketball sources. Those who talk bad about Aggie fans have never been to a game in Logan.
    Now Stang08;, be honest. SUU cannot even draw 2,000 into their gym, even when they play high-profile teams. Hang in there SUU fans, all 40 season ticket holders, USU was once like you back in the early 1960's. Keep trying to play teams like UNLV in Cedar City, you may actually get 1/4 of the fans who go to every USU game (even against teams like SUU who get down by 20pts within the first 3 minutes).
    Shout out to Stang and the other 40 season ticket holders,

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    Nov. 13, 2013 10:47 a.m.

The aggies were kinda supposed to win. He'll be on the "Losing team" come the NCAA's. As far as the WAC 2.0 being a good choice. That's laughable. It's not a great atmosphere unless you are an aggie. And again you were supposed to win.

• Aggie84 Idaho Falls, ID
    Nov. 12, 2013 10:27 p.m.

@Stang
    My how rude the students were tonight. I am sooooo embarrassed how they reacted to the Aggies winning. I wish they would control themselves and just clap when the Aggies score.

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    Nov. 12, 2013 9:48 p.m.

@Deamon

You don't know the kinda guy I am. I'd be dissappointed if the SUU fan's acted like that.

Boo Ya!!!

I'm not suprised we lost. Good luck in the first round of the NCAA's later in the season. You'll need it.

@TallNSkinny

WAC 2.0 which no one really cares about vs. the BigSky. I wouldn't pick the WAC 2.0 my friend. Again we all know he'll be on the "losing team" in the NCAA's so have fun. You were supposed to win so don't brag to much.

• TallNSkinny43 Germantown, MD
    Nov. 12, 2013 9:27 p.m.

@Stang

I have 3 reasons why he would have left.

1. Start on a MWC instead of Big Sky

2. Great atmosphere for basketball players. You may hate the student section, but the players love it. So does ESPN.

3. 90-57.

• Boo Ya!!! Richfield, UT
    Nov. 12, 2013 9:13 p.m.

Looks like the kid chose the right team!!!

90 - 57 and he starts on the "WINNING TEAM" (versus the "losing team' HA!!!)

Stang....long night for the t-birds. Sorry for them and you.

Dont be a hater.

• Deamon North Logan, UT
    Nov. 12, 2013 5:46 p.m.

Stang, you an say what you want, and you usually do, but if you had those fans at SUU, you would be right in the middle of them.

• Mars_ Logan, UT
    Nov. 12, 2013 5:42 p.m.

#ReSpectrum has to be the coolest idea ever. Bravo, students. I read the Bangarang today, too, great stuff!

Let's go Aggies! Get it done tonight!!!

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    Nov. 12, 2013 4:40 p.m.

Jimmer had to say that for the camera. Unless he played for USU which he didn't, you know how bad those fan's are. Passionate isn't the word anyone picks. Looks like the media asked the right question. Again it's not fun and exciting. The fans are horrible and everyone knows it.

• RSLfanalways West Valley, UT
    Nov. 12, 2013 1:40 p.m.

He probably went to a game at the Spectrum and realized how much more exciting it is and realized that all the other teams are just boring to play at. Stang wouldn't like the Spectrum since it is a fun and exciting environment.

• Boo Ya!!! Richfield, UT
    Nov. 12, 2013 1:35 p.m.

Ya know the USU fans are the best ones in the state for basketball; maybe the entire west. Being a USU fan I'm not so fond of byu, but my great respect and admiration came when USU beat jimmer's team in Logan. It was a CRAZY atmosphere and a great college game. The crowd was on fire and after the game a reporter asked Jimmer how 'difficult' it must be to play in such an 'inappropriate' environment.'

Jimmer laughed, smiled and basically said how AWESOME of an atmosphere it was and how it must be to play for the 'home' team in a place like that. He didn't whine, make excuses or point the 'evil' finger. He was all class and stopped just short of asking byu fans to be as passionate. Maybe your not angry and maybe you don;t get it, but you never will as long as you think that being a big fish in a little pond is better than being the same size fish in a bigger pond.

Smart kid.

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    Nov. 12, 2013 12:32 p.m.

@Ifel ofa-sofa

On the contrary. Stang08 isn't angry at all. Just a little dissappointed with this kids decision.

@Boo Ya!!!

So he recognized how bad your fan's are and wanted to be apart of it. Again I don't get that. He was getting great time on the court in Cedar and he decided to throw that all away for USU.

• Boo Ya!!! Richfield, UT
    Nov. 12, 2013 8:53 a.m.

Re: Stang08

Your comments make me chuckle. You don't get it?

Would you rather win a trip to the beaches of the Great Salt Lake or a trip to the beaches of Maui.

It's that much different. Read the article. He recognized that USU fans travel and cheer for their team wherever.

Whereas, SUU fans post sniping comments on the DNews board.

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    Nov. 11, 2013 11:32 p.m.

Why did he go to USU? He is a great player and was getting solid minutes with us. I think he was even poised to be the starter at his position soon. I don't get it but I guess he wanted to lose in the first round of the NCAA's for the rest of his carrer. Yeah yeah yeah making it and losing is better than not making it at all. I've heard that tune before. I just recognized this kid and I have alot of respect for him but I don't get this at all.

• Sambonethegreat Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 11, 2013 9:30 p.m.

Davis is a super asset to the team. He played exceptionally well against Adams State and USC.

Glad we could snag him from the team way down south.

Go Aggies! Beat the Thunderbirds!