Sports

5A high school football preview: Riverton at Bingham

Familiar foes facing off, this time in the playoffs

Comments

• tharef Riverton, UT
    Nov. 8, 2013 2:20 p.m.

So what are some of your thoughts on the way the Regions are? I know 5A has brought alot of attention thier way, does it seem fair with what teams are in it? I think they should add some more teams from down south or split these teams up in other regions. I know they have done it in the past, but travel and geography landscape of the teams were unbareable. But I think it would make all of Utah HS football more enjoyable for all the schools in Utah. More parity is a great thing for sports. And I wish they would get rid of open enrollment, for example I'm a Jordan fan but did they really need Shaver from Arizona come up to Utah and play for Jordan. there are good kids and players in that city of Sandy. if they just did that alone it would improve all the schools around the state. Go Diggers!

• jarka-rus Layton, Utah
    Nov. 8, 2013 7:52 a.m.

Bingham 42 Riverton 17
    Riverton only scores in garbage time
    Miners on to the RES!!!! Game day, Never out hustled Never outhit!!!

• JohhnyG Draper, UT
    Nov. 8, 2013 1:39 a.m.

Region 3 Sweep!!!

• I-am-I South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 7, 2013 11:55 p.m.

@MinerFan23

Yeah that quote gets even funnier when you find out that Riverton has only thrown 4 TD all year and have a completion percentage of less than 25%.

In all seriousness the wing-T offense is a really good way to run up the score on really bad teams and get absolutely demolished by the good ones. Which has been the story of Riverton football from the beginning.

Bingham 49 - Riverton 7

• MinerFan23 Salt Lake, UT
    Nov. 7, 2013 8:27 p.m.

If Riverton decides to run play action, Bingham have stud DBs hoping they throw a pass. One of those DBs leads the State in interceptions, so it's a lose-lose situation. BINGHAM TAKE STATE!

• Prep Fan 89 Draper, UT
    Nov. 7, 2013 4:55 p.m.

Bingham 50, Riverton 20

Bank on it.

• JDigger24 Sandy, UT
    Nov. 7, 2013 4:51 p.m.

Its too bad Riverton has to play Bingham so early. I really think they may have been a pretty solid team worthy of going to RES.