Sports

Deseret News Sports wins national EPPY award for best sports website

Comments

• 3A Football Fan Tooele, UT
    Nov. 6, 2013 3:04 p.m.

Congrats. Well deserved.

I don't know how much high school sports played into the award but there is not another sports website that I have seen that's even close to the Deseret News prep coverage.

I am not just talking about the Trib's prep sports coverage - which stinks. I read newspaper sports websites from Idaho, Wyoming, Nevada, and Oregon. The D-News blows them away.

• USAlover Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 6, 2013 10:07 a.m.

The Trib sports page used to be better...and for a lot of years too. It's so good now that the DNews sports page has finally surpassed the other paper. I'm tired of wading through all the hate and "progressive" love the Trib professes to get to their sports page.

• CougarSunDevil Phoenix, AZ
    Nov. 6, 2013 7:41 a.m.

I'm not sure about the criteria, but if it was just it's ease of use and user friendly set up...sure I agree. If it's talking about the articles written...well...

• Ry Centerville, UT
    Nov. 5, 2013 11:47 p.m.

Best sports website? As a reader, it seems like Deseret News Sports has gone downhill. It feels a lot like Bleacher Report now. Dislike the slideshows/list format of the articles. Don't like all the random contributors that just link to other newspapers & websites.

• MacNasty Rexburg, ID
    Nov. 5, 2013 11:44 p.m.

Congrats to the DNews. Appears that your detractors a bit nonplused by this award. Keep up the good work.

• Down under Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 5, 2013 11:08 p.m.

Well what would you expect when they cover a national brand in BYU. ESPN loves their relationship with the Cougars and are proud to show them on NATIONAL TV almost every week. The executives would not do it if the nation didn't care. The national sports audience loves BYU, well maybe a few sour fans on the hill.