Sports

High school football: Corner Canyon dominates in first-ever playoff victory

Comments

• plyxply SLC, UT
    Nov. 6, 2013 8:38 a.m.

I disagree that East in one dimensional. They have an excellent qb who does a great job of managing the game and getting the ball to playmakers and makes good decisions. If you forget the qb he'll keep it and run for days. Ula is the headliner but they have Curtis who can run, plus Joe Tuakafua (their TE, I'm sure I butchered the spelling) can get open almost anytime he wants. Not only that, the defense will account for a td or two every game, they are that good.
    While CC may play ok and I'm sure they'll give it their all, they just don't have the horses up front to slow down East, especially the East front 7.

• justmethoughts Draper, UT
    Nov. 5, 2013 1:57 p.m.

@wiseacre

You are right about the running back but dang he is good. It will take everything in the book to beat these guys.

• wiseacre Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 5, 2013 9:25 a.m.

@justmethoughts - - good luck this week. CC is likely being overlooked by East, this is when you take advantage of the opportunity. East allows points. You beat size with speed and smarts, and you have both. Like Logan, they are a one dimensional outfit - their running back.

• Sorryboutdat south jordan, UT
    Nov. 3, 2013 8:20 p.m.

They just havent played anyone this year. They have more bad loses than quality wins. East can play with anyone!These are the 4 quality teams.
    Timpview vs Woods Cross
    East vs Logan

• justmethoughts Draper, UT
    Nov. 3, 2013 12:20 p.m.

To both of you in previous comments, do you really expect this team who has fought all year to get where they are today and deserve so not have the disadvantage? East is a big football team and play well. What difference will it be from other teams East have dominated? Alta, Jordan to name a few. It may not be but I tell you these kids will do the very best they can with what they have. You would expect a spanking but I expect a fight. I say CC competes.

• scrappy do DRAPER, UT
    Nov. 2, 2013 5:43 p.m.

It won't go well

• Sorryboutdat south jordan, UT
    Nov. 2, 2013 2:32 p.m.

Congrats now they can play a real team!
    Lets see how that go's.