Sports

BYU football: 10 Cougar facts to know during the BYU bye week

Comments

• Cinci Man FT MITCHELL, KY
    Nov. 2, 2013 9:00 p.m.

Bring it all to the field next week, and then let's talk. I hope it's a celebration, not an excuse conversation.

• Jake2010 bountiful, ut
    Nov. 2, 2013 7:30 p.m.

This just in... Man oh man FSU is alive and kicking! I love it when Florida State is on the money! And, did you see the UPS thing during the game tonight? BYU is in the top 10 of whatever was being p.... performance, byu is 10th! Yes, a mere business doesn't dictate 'greatness', but neither does BCS endorsement... Can I just have finally cemented proof and settled the argument?

• Jake2010 bountiful, ut
    Nov. 2, 2013 7:13 p.m.

He wasn't talking two years ago, because that streak is over and irrelevant! Man, people, the same ones slamming the past tend to look back to it themselves just to make themselves feel better...And it isn't likely to end at nine either... I'd venture to guess that 2014 will see a bowl and so too will 2015... But oh yes... Weak no heart teams are given a free pass because level of competition is harder to win against... Um, Alabama is on the cusp of winning three straight national titles.... When has a pac-anything team done that? Sure, it may have been done, but tell me... Was it prior to or after the 1970's? Prior to or after 1998? Yes, that is what is more relevant... In the BCS era they have done it a grand shocking total of ZERO times!

• Scots Ogden, UT
    Nov. 2, 2013 12:07 p.m.

@ Down Under, "9 consecutive bowl games. I am guessing that BYU IS the ONLY team in the state that can say that"........UM no Utah just did that like 2 years ago.

• Down under Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 2, 2013 10:53 a.m.

WOW, 9 consecutive bowl games. I am guessing that BYU IS the ONLY team in the state that can say that. Good job Bronco and nice win percentage. Onward and upward COUGARS. It is a good time to be a Cougar. I love my independence.

• SamoanYfan WEST JORDAN, UT