Sports

Commentary: Jimmer Fredette receives get out of jail free card as Kings decline team option

Comments

• CougAbroad Vienna/Austria, 00
    Dec. 12, 2013 3:53 p.m.

Go to Chicago, Milwaukee or Detroit. Either place, and I and my family will come watch! Go Jimmer!!!

• slcjimmy SLC, UT
    Nov. 5, 2013 11:29 a.m.

Agree about Jimmer getting a raw deal in Sactown. Hope he finds a place to land that can utilize his skill set. He has already made the Glens Falls area extremely proud. Way to go Jimmer! Keep your head up man. Go QBY Spartans!

• kaysvillecougar KAYSVILLE, UT
    Nov. 4, 2013 6:49 p.m.

I can't understand why people hate Jimmer. He's a great guy. He's never said anything negative about the U of U or it's fans. He works hard. He's a team guy. He's not dirty. He has a beautiful shot. He's entertaining. Seriously, besides being a U of U fan/BYU hater, can someone of you 70 posters help me out?

• 1978 Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 4, 2013 2:43 p.m.

@SLC Watch

You nailed it on the head. I can't even count the number of times I have been censored because my defense of BYU, Religon in general or the LDS church was deemed too offensive.

• DodgerDoug Salem, UT
    Nov. 4, 2013 1:01 p.m.

Hey Dennis.... Jimmer is married.

• Dennis Harwich, MA
    Nov. 3, 2013 6:42 p.m.

No he can go on a Mission.

• Y-Ask-Y? Provo, UT
    Nov. 3, 2013 10:09 a.m.

Jimmer was a big fish in the little BYU pond. Now he is a little guppy among the sharks, and he can't swim with them! Who is going to pick him up? Every year a fresh crop of players comes along and Jimmer is being compared to them as well as all the other shark bait on the market. By not playing regularly and proving his value, Jimmer has slipped backward, not forward. The NBA opportunity is passing him by.

What I don't understand is why DN editorial staff allowed all these off-topic, silly comments about Chris B and his secret affiliation with the DN...? What? Clean up the comments, people! Conspiracy theories are off topic!

• idablu Idaho Falls, ID
    Nov. 3, 2013 9:24 a.m.

Memo to Danny and the Celtics: Pick up Jimmer!

Ainge had said before the draft he would love to pick him up in the draft, but Boston couldn't trade up for him. Now here's your chance.

The Jazz wouldn't be a good fit for Jimmer. Too much irrational hate among many of the fans.

• Champs Washington, UT
    Nov. 2, 2013 9:15 p.m.

Jimmer Fredette and Steve Kerr. Somebody compared them. Wow. Seriously? I hope Jimmer continues but as good as Steve Kerr? Sorry, ain't going to happen.

• Two For Flinching Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 2, 2013 12:26 p.m.

"I wish the JAZZ would take Jimmer; the fans out here would LOVE that and he WOULD be welcome, too, by the coaching staff"

This is flat out incorrect

• ekute Layton, UT
    Nov. 2, 2013 11:44 a.m.

What are the odds that he ends up with the Celtics? #Danny Ainge.

They're going to make a strong bid for Gordon Hayward too. #Brad Stevens.

• rlsintx Plano, TX
    Nov. 2, 2013 11:15 a.m.

A team in a real rebuilt mode will pick up Jimmer because they know he can put the points on the board to keep them close for a couple of years. Sounds like the Celtics to me, but could be other teams along the way. And, don't discount the Kings having some injuries prior to that happening and being forced to play him more, like the results and change their mind.

• Man in Charge Chihiuahua, 00
    Nov. 2, 2013 10:48 a.m.

Maybe Jimmer can go back and play for BYU

• Goldminer Salem, ut
    Nov. 2, 2013 10:14 a.m.

I wish the JAZZ would take Jimmer; the fans out here would LOVE that and he WOULD be welcome, too, by the coaching staff -- which he wasn't in CA.

• high school fan Huntington, UT
    Nov. 2, 2013 7:47 a.m.

When those of you knock Jimmer for not fitting into the Kings system and therefore not being a good NBA player, just remember that the Jazz several years ago stole Derrick Favors for the very same reason. There are many in the NBA that fit better with this team rather than that team. I sometimes suspect the negativity is because he went to BYU.

• stanfunky Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 11:00 p.m.

Folks, let it go. Jimmer is NOT coming to town.

The Utah Jazz historically do not go after players from in-state schools.

Who would you trade off the current roster to pick Jimmer up? Jeremy Evans? A #1 draft pick?

Who would Sacramento ask for? Most likely Alec Burks.

End of discussion.

• SLCWatch Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 10:41 p.m.

@Chris B
    I thought your comment about the monitors protecting the church and BYU fans tender feelings such a laugh. If you only knew how many times they protect your tender feelings.

But then you won't see this one either.

• CA. reader Rocklin, CA
    Nov. 1, 2013 8:39 p.m.

As a Sacramento-area resident, I was heartbroken for Jimmer when the Kings drafted him. They were a mess from the owners to the janitors. They did not have a clue as a team of how to play basketball. Now they are placing there hopes on DeMarcus Cousins. If he had half the heart and dedication to the game that Jimmer has he would be the all star that he already thinks he is. They now claim they will play team defense. They don't know how to play team anything.

I only hope that another NBA team will give him a legitimate shot. I don't think you can judge his NBA skillsl from his three years with the Kings

• Schwa South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 8:28 p.m.

He's not good enough to play in the NBA. That's why he hasn't fit in.

• Henry Drummond San Jose, CA
    Nov. 1, 2013 7:11 p.m.

1. In the economy of the NBA a $2.5 million dollar expiring contract doesn't get much attention.

2. Obviously if Sacramento could have traded Fredette, they would have. After all they are renouncing their rights to him and getting nothing in return.

3. I don't see Fredette going anywhere this year unless he is part of a much bigger trade involving a bunch of players.

4. I don't see him coming to Utah this year. We've already got 15 players and I don't see a trade that works financially or is in the team's best interest.

5. The good news (sort of) is that Fredette will be in the NBA for several more years to come but will command a lower salary and will have a limited role.

Get out of Jail Free? Nah. Fredette just got Jimmered.

• Morgan Duel Taylorsville, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 7:10 p.m.

Fredette is as good or better than Jaysee Carroll and he is making 1.5 Million Euros scoring 20 plus points a game. If Jimmer can not stay in the NBA with a team that appreciates him and will use his talent, then jump where he is appreciated.

• Shabba san mateo, CA
    Nov. 1, 2013 7:08 p.m.

The sooner he can get out of there the better. It's a terrible franchise/city. For everyone who says he can't play D, they have FIVE FOOT EIGHT INCHES tall Isaiah Thomas playing ahead of him. He can't guard a single person in the entire league.

He'll be better off anywhere he goes, and he is starting material with the right group of players.

• JMH Provo, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 6:53 p.m.

The comments about Jimmer not succeeding in the NBA overlook a long history of players who had shortcoming on defense but could fill it up from the outside. JJ Reddick is still making al living doing this. Steve Kerr had a wonderful in the NBA doing just that. On the right team he will succeed and get the minutes that he needs to show his talent.

• JMH Provo, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 6:36 p.m.

I wonder if Chris B ever does anything but scan articles for something he can negatively say about BYU. Jimmer has already accomplished more in his young life than I am sure he has. He has a role in the NBA but Sacramento has misused him the entire time he has been there. Put him on a team with a solid inside game and in need of a shooter and the will do fine.

• Vladhagen Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 6:10 p.m.

Chris B's numerous posts on this article indicate the fact that he just cannot leave BYU alone. He has to keep coming back to it.

• EugeneMD East Millcreek, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 5:45 p.m.

I find ChrisB's aversion to all things 'cougar' quite curious. One wonders how such deeply felt perturbations developed.

• panamadesnews Lindon, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 5:35 p.m.

Sacramento is known for making some dumb decisions, but with the new ownership, they probably would not do this. Gordon would still be in free agency and Sacramento would have the option of matching the highest offer for him. The Jazz would be in the same position - they would have the option to match the highest offer for Jimmer. Probably neither team would opt to do that. But stranger things have happened. We'll have to see. I like the idea, however. The Jazz would come out pretty good, I think, but also may only end up with a 1st round draft choice and no Jimmer.

• coleman51 Orem, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 5:21 p.m.

Maybe the Jazz ought to trade Gordon Hayward to Sacramento for Jimmer and their unprotected first round draft choice in this years draft. We would then have then three first round draft picks in a very deep draft as well as someone who can come off the bench and give us some instant offense. Our bigs will have to cover for him defensively while he's on the court, however. Who knows, it may work.

• NevadaCoug Overton, NV
    Nov. 1, 2013 5:06 p.m.

Looking more at plus/minus:

There are two Sacramento players who had a positive plus/minus for the 2012-13 season. Just two! Players who had a worse plus/minus than Jimmer include Isaiah Thomas, Tyreke Evans, and Marcus Thornton; all guards. What's the difference? Jimmer averaged 14 minutes per game, while those 3 all averaged from 24-31 minutes per game. If plus/minus is such a knock on Jimmer's defense, and defense is the reason he doesn't play, then why are these guys who have much worse plus/minus ratings getting more playing time?

Simple: Sacramento was a horrible team with a horrible coach last season. And Jimmer did NOT get a chance to really make a contribution.

• NevadaCoug Overton, NV
    Nov. 1, 2013 4:56 p.m.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't plus/minus based on the points scored by your team while you are on the floor vs. the points scored by the opposition while you are on the floor? It isn't a totally individual stat. Therefor, if a player is on a team with bad defense, he is going to have a low plus/minus. If he is on a team that loses more games than it wins, the players are going to have a bad plus/minus.

So, comparing Jimmer to his teammates, rather than the rest of the league, IS a valid argument. It isn't stating that Jimmer is a great defender. It is, however, stating that he is just as good, if not better, than many of his teammates who are getting more playing time.

And for the person who responded to my first post to claim that Jimmer has had his chance: When a guy gets 6 or 7 minutes one game, then doesn't see the floor for the next game or two, that is hardly getting a chance.

• Mike Johnson Stafford, VA
    Nov. 1, 2013 4:37 p.m.

I am a Utah fan, but I wanted Jimmer to succeed in the NBA. There were many--most not associated with the University of Utah--that doubted he would succeed. I hoped they were wrong. But, so far, there isn't much for Jimmer fans to get excited about. I hope he can go to another team and thrive. But, I find it hard to believe that not picking up the fourth option is good news for him. I don't see how it helps him land at another team.

• Mike Johnson Stafford, VA
    Nov. 1, 2013 4:26 p.m.

Oatmeal, I can see that several people on here don't like Chris B's posts. They are prolific in writing their contempt for him. Not only that, several accounts have been created that spoof his name for the sole purpose of insulting him. Anybody following this board knows that (a) Chris B will disparage BYU and extol Utah and (b) that there are many here that react in very un-Christ-like ways to his posts.

• Grunao Provo, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 4:15 p.m.

The disservice Sacramento just made was by not acting on the 4 year option is thatJimmer will be an unrestricted free agent so few teams will trade for him now since there would be the risk that he would then sign with someone else and the team will have then wasted an asset for him. Jimmer is likely stuck with Sacramento the rest of the year. A Shame.

Jimmer can help a team if given the opportunity with the right organization, similar to the successful no-names on the Spurs team.

• MacNasty Rexburg, ID
    Nov. 1, 2013 4:15 p.m.

Re: Chris B.

Thank you for providing Wiscougarfan an easy turkey shoot today. It made my day.

Jimmer will be just fine where ever he ends up in the NBA.

• hockiechick Santa Monica, CA
    Nov. 1, 2013 3:56 p.m.

Jimmer is the Tim Tebow of the NBA. They both had great collegiate careers, they both have talent, but not enough to play at this level.Nothing against him...but that is just the way it is.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 3:56 p.m.

@Wiscouarfan,

"Thank you for further emphasizing how middle-of-the-road Jimmer is. Indeed, he should be able to make it in the league if he's in the top half of its players." You said he's in the middle of his team and then tried to claim he's in the middle of the NBA?

But he's not.

Jimmer is 355 out of 490 in the plus/minus rankings on ESPN I looked at for the entire 2012-2013 season. And little or lots of playing time doesn't affect this rating.

"I'm still not sure why you're drawing a correlation between plus/minus and defensive liability. Can you clarify that?"

Happy to clarify, although I think its quite clear. If byu fans brag about his decent PER(which only looks at his offense) and his plus/minus is quite low, the reason clearly must be his defense right? The plus/minus evaluates him at BOTH ends of the court. At 355 72% of NBA players do a better combined(defensive and offensive) job than he does.

• Heidi T. Farmington, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 3:56 p.m.

So happy for him! What an endurance test. Why did the Kings sign him anyway. Glad he is out of there and can hire on with a good team!

• Veritas Aequitas Fruit Heights, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 3:41 p.m.

Chris B
    Salt Lake City, UT

"Just as the Des news censors most posts that don't shed the LDS church in a positive light, they're all too quick to defend the tender feelings of byu fans."
    ===
    Dude, whenever the name Chris B shows up in the comment section of either a BYU article, Utah article, or in this case an NBA article, you can rest assured that it is negative about BYU.

And, it will be followed with 10 more posts, off topic, with an LOL in each and every one.

I really have no problems with you Chris, just don't whine that the Des News does not give you a forum...

• TFUDD SLC, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 3:23 p.m.

@Chris B

As a Utah fan you really make me laugh. You claim to love being apart of the PAC-12. well stop worry about BYU and their ex-players. Why do you care about Jimmer? What do you have against him other than the fact that he tore us apart every time we played? Are you still depressed about it?

I think I have heard a similar story...Alex Smith. Yeah he sucked for a few years but look at him now! Who knows Jimmer could find an NBA team that's a good fit and turn things around. I'm not a Jimmer fan but why shouldn't we want him to be successful?

• kitsutsuki South Jordan, Utah
    Nov. 1, 2013 3:23 p.m.

Oatmeal makes a great point. I continually get my posts denied due to being "combative" or "off point". It seems that everything NEGATIVE (oops - combative???) that Chrissy (dang it - combative again??) says about BYU gets posted. But somehow his posts aren't considered "combative" or "off point"??? How can that be???

As Oatmeal said Chris B either works at the D News or there is a reverse-discrimiation thing going on here.

Now I have to wait and see if this post gets denied (as I suspect it will). Unfortunately, if denied I will be the only one who knows and my argument will have fallen on deaf ears - again!

As far as Jimmer (got to make sure this post is not "off point"), there has got to be a team that needs a role player, i.e. shooter. I recognize, like most, that he has his limitations. But rather he ever plays a major role in the NBA or not, I will never forget the great times he gave us while playing at BYU!

Thanks Jimmer!

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 3:21 p.m.

@Wiscougar,

"Indeed, he should be able to make it in the league if he's in the top half of its players."

But he's not, that's the problem. You looked at only a bad Sacramento team to evaluate him against. As you say, compare him to the league. He's 355 out 490 on the ESPN list I'm looking at.

That's not the top half of the league my friend.

I'm not sure where you got confused. It's a simple concept. If his plus/minus is in the lower part of the league(355 out of 490) that means somewhere between the offensive side and defensive side(or both) he's not getting it done. If your argument is his PER is pretty good, ok. But that only looks at him offensively. That's only half the game.

His plus/minus which combined offensive and defensive performance is 355 out of 490. That means 72% of NBA players do a better job(combined offensive and defensive performance).

Clear?

• kitsutsuki South Jordan, Utah
    Nov. 1, 2013 3:08 p.m.

Jimmer epitomizes the BYU-envy of our friends up North. He has been gone almost three years now and Utah fans still can't stand him. If that is not the classic role of "little brother" I don't know what is.

Utah says they have moved on, but have they really???

BTW, Jimmer, becasue of his basketball skills, has made more than 99% of us will ever make; so who is the one laughting all the way to the bank???

• Sports Nutz Smithfield, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 3:04 p.m.

Nellie, I am thinking that you are the one needing a reality check. There is much more to life outside of the bubble.

• Ernest T. Bass Bountiful, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 2:58 p.m.

This makes me so mad. Those guys in Sacramento just dont know what there doing.
    At least now Jimmer can go win national titles at good teams.

• Whoa Nellie American Fork, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 2:52 p.m.

I know this is all perspective but someone from the nether regions of Utah, like Smithfield or anywhere in Cache Valley, might need a reality check if they are comparing BYU and Provo to jail. That could much more easily apply to norhtern Utah than anything south of Point of the Mountain.

• Winglish Lehi, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 2:49 p.m.

I don't think anyone questions Jimmer's offensive ability. His player efficiency rating fits right in on an NBA roster (ANY roster). Jimmer has shot around 90% from the foul line and 40-45% from three point range for his career. He's very strong in both of those areas. Jimmer's defensive rating is low, however. He scores well below average defensively. Ironically, Jimmer had a defensive rating extremely similar to Isaiah Thomas and Marcus Thornton, the two teammates who play ahead of him. Those guys get heavy minutes and Jimmer gets the bench. I'm not saying it's unfair or a bad basketball decision. It just is what it is. Perception plays a role in all of our lives. Jimmer is perceived as a worse defender than his peers.

• Uteology East Salt Lake City, Utah
    Nov. 1, 2013 2:38 p.m.

$3 million to get out of jail is only good if he makes another team. Is there demand for his skills in the NBA? Maybe, at $3 million a year probably not. Will the Jazz offer a contract?

• Sports Nutz Smithfield, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 2:30 p.m.

Jimmer already had a get out of jail free card when the Kings drafted him.

• From Ted's Head Orem, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 2:30 p.m.

Gotta love the haters! Fact is Jimmer IS an NBA Player, something that his former teammates and 98% of the college players in the nation will never be. Yup...he isn't starting for the Kings and likely won't for his next team either. Have you seen the poll about who is the Kings' fans' favorite player? Yup...Jimmer, with 57% of all the votes cast (500+) and more than all the other players combined. Why is this you haters ask? Because he thrilled us in college and we are hoping for his success. We want him to succeed because he's a good guy who works hard. And you know what? He IS succeeding just by being an NBA player, although I'm sure he'd like to be a starter or an All-Star. I guess we get to choose each day how we'll look at the glass: is it filling with hope and possibility or has someone consumed half of the poison and bile? Haters are gonna hate.

• Wiscougarfan River Falls, WI
    Nov. 1, 2013 2:03 p.m.

Oh, nevermind Chris B., I found it. Last season Fredette's point/minus was 8th on his team (out of 17), putting him in the top half of King's players. Thank you for further emphasizing how middle-of-the-road Jimmer is. Indeed, he should be able to make it in the league if he's in the top half of its players.

I'm still not sure why you're drawing a correlation between plus/minus and defensive liability. Can you clarify that? Cheers in advance.

• Wiscougarfan River Falls, WI
    Nov. 1, 2013 1:55 p.m.

RE: Chris B.

"Your rankings don't mean much if he's giving up more on the defensive end than he's contributing on the offensive end. Interesting you don't make any attempt to compare his plus/minus, which takes into account him being a liability on the defensive end."

Will you explain that further? Where can I find his plus/minus? I see that his assist to turnover ration for his career is 1.48, which isn't great but isn't horrible. What evidence do you have that his defense is a liability?

• Oatmeal Woods Cross, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 1:51 p.m.

Does Chris B work for the Desnews? How does he "see" that some fans didn't like his comment?

• DaveKnowsWhatsUp Bloomington, IN
    Nov. 1, 2013 1:45 p.m.

Chris, there are a few problems with your comments. First off, Jimmer probably isn't ever going to play in Europe. I'm sure there is a team willing to give someone who makes nearly half his threes a shot. Also, even though you're biased, you have to admit Jimmer was thrown into a terrible situation in Sacramento...I'm not so blinded to admit that Alex Smith was in a similar spot with the 49ers. There's no way to really tell how good Jimmer is until he's been given a chance (which he hasn't).

Biggest problem, why are you commenting on anything even remotely related to BYU basketball. Don't you realize the Utes have pulled off exactly one win in the last SEVEN years? Maybe you should stick to commenting on football, at least there you can hang your hat on your two big wins this year. Either way, enjoy watching BYU go bowling in December, and once again enjoy watching BYU basketball keep playing once your season is done.

• CougFaninTX Frisco, TX
    Nov. 1, 2013 1:27 p.m.

From USA Today - the Kings have received trade interest from about six teams about Fredette.

• gee-en Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 1:24 p.m.

A team like San Antonio has a good record of getting the most out of their players and would be a great place for The Jimmer to land. Not only that, but San Antonio has an offense that utilizes good shooters when Tony Parker often penetrates and dishes it back outside or when Tim Duncan sometimes gets double teamed and passes it back outside.

• ekute Layton, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 1:22 p.m.

There's NBA teams that would give him a minimum contract. I doubt that they would out bid each other for him, though. He would be a starter and get a bigger paycheck in Europe.

Chris, if you take a posted negative comment about Utah and put byu in front of it, it will not get posted.

• Stringer Bell Henderson, NV
    Nov. 1, 2013 1:20 p.m.

" Some have said he can't cut it in the NBA. It's time to give him a chance to find out"

Uh, I think he's had that chance and we've already found out.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 1:18 p.m.

@Wiscouar,

• RSLfanalways West Valley, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 1:13 p.m.

I would love to be like Jimmer, getting paid to not play, which means I am less likely to get hurt. I would say that is a nice job. Too bad his contract didn't get extended.

• CougFaninTX Frisco, TX
    Nov. 1, 2013 1:08 p.m.

Playing basketball in Germany (or wherever Jimmer lands) is better than pumping gas in SLC and living in your parents basement.

• Wiscougarfan River Falls, WI
    Nov. 1, 2013 12:57 p.m.

At the conclusion of this season Jimmer will have made nearly $8 million riding the bench in Sacramento. I hope he finds another home in the NBA, but if he doesn't I think he'll be able to get by o.k.

And to the Jimmer detractors out there...

Jimmer's 2012-13 PER of 14.66 compares favorably with other role players in the NBA. Out of 344 players that qualify (have 6.7 min/game or more), Jimmer ranked 154th, right in the middle (and 37th of 82 point guards). His ranking was better than Danny Green, Jordan Crawford, Andrew Bogut, Jared Sullinger, Mike Miller, Tony Allen, Ben Gordon, Brandon Knight, Alec Burks… Also, last season Jimmer’s three point percentage of .417 ranked 17th in the NBA, not too shabby. He should make a good role player somewhere.

• Kaladin Greeley, CO
    Nov. 1, 2013 12:46 p.m.

40+% 3 pt shooter in the NBA. When he plays he contributes. Pick him up!

• Steven S Jarvis Orem, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 12:32 p.m.

Jimmer is not an NBA starter. That role may eventually happen for Jimmer, but right now he is a fabulous role player off the bench with range and mad ball handling skills. If he goes to an NBA team where he fits in he will shine and his value will increase.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 12:31 p.m.

I see some people didn't like my comment, even though it followed all the rules and was true. Yes, the truth hurts sometimes. Just as the Des news censors most posts that don't shed the LDS church in a positive light, they're all too quick to defend the tender feelings of byu fans.

Jimmer is not very good(at the NBA level).

You don't hear rumors about tons of teams trying to trade for him do you?

It's not just Sacramento that doesn't see Jimmer in their future.

• n8rix Gilbert, AZ
    Nov. 1, 2013 12:23 p.m.

Since when does anyone play defense in the NBA? He will be fine playing in a different system.

• Kaotic USA, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 12:23 p.m.

Fredette is another college player that has found out the difference in talent level between college basketball and the NBA. Better defensive players in the NBA will guard great offensive players from college into mediocrity...he didn't play a lot because there were better players on the Kings than him at the same position.

• apm22 sparks, NV
    Nov. 1, 2013 12:04 p.m.

Does the press ever actually watch Jimmer play? I ask this because every article on him says he is not good at defense. Really, by what standard? He is no worse on defense than anyone on the entire Kings roster.

• Two For Flinching Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 12:04 p.m.

"There are more than a handful of teams interested in his services that can use his skill set."

Like who? Which teams are interested and why would Jimmer be a good fit there? I don't doubt that those teams are out there, but those questions and answers should be addressed in an article like this. As it stands this is just a fan spouting off unsubstantiated opinions. Maybe the Dnews should just start publishing some of these comments and save some money....

• Vladhagen Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 12:04 p.m.

Free Jimmer. Free Jimmer. Free Jimmer. OKC needs some outside shooting from a role player. Maybe he could go there?

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 12:02 p.m.

Send us a postcard from Germany Jimmer.

LOL

• NevadaCoug Overton, NV
    Nov. 1, 2013 11:57 a.m.

Please trade Fredette. Languishing on the bench does nothing for him or anybody else. Let him go to team who is willing to play him decent minutes. Some have said he can't cut it in the NBA. It's time to give him a chance to find out. The sooner the better, so he can move forward with his life instead of sitting in limbo.