Sports

BYU football: Two Cougars out due to injuries, surgeries

Comments

• Gone fishin PAC Country, WA
    Nov. 1, 2013 12:59 p.m.

Nice Chris. WOW. Way to show a lot of class for two players who are out for the year. As I remember BYU fans responded with sympathy and class when some ute layers went out with injuries earlier in the season. No wonder you cannot get any respect by BYU and Utah fans alike.

• SyracuseCoug Syracuse, ut
    Nov. 1, 2013 12:37 p.m.

I wish both of these gutsy players all the best. Get well soon.

• dustman Gallup, NM
    Nov. 1, 2013 10:26 a.m.

Ugh. Really? Before Wisconsin?

• Whoa Nellie American Fork, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 9:19 a.m.

Geez Louise, somebody should not worry so much about what may or may not happen with BYU's next few games and instead start working on her own excuses as to why Utah did not go to a bowl game once again.

• Kaladin Greeley, CO
    Nov. 1, 2013 9:07 a.m.

@ChrisB - Still hanging out on the BYU articles I see. I thought you had moved on.
    Sad to see these two guys go down with injuries. I think the cougs will be fine though

• BeSmart Cheyenne, WY
    Nov. 1, 2013 8:45 a.m.

@ Chris B
    No BYU fan is going to guarantee beating Wisconsin
    Like Ute fans did beating USC and their third stringers and walk-ons
    and a beating they took.
    Go Utes and Cougs
    And this is not an excuse it is about optimism.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 8:17 a.m.

@bigamoan,

"but I'm obviously not so optimistic anymore as I was before."

Already getting excuses ready for when you lose to Wisconsin?

Wisconsin beat you with/without these guys, just like Utah beats you with/without Hadley.

• thebigsamoan Richmond, VA
    Nov. 1, 2013 7:52 a.m.

So sorry to hear of the loss of Falslev and Jorgensen just when we are getting ready to prepare for Wisconsin and Notre Dame. I hope others can step up but I'm obviously not so optimistic anymore as I was before. Very unfortunate!

Go Cougars!

• Steven S Jarvis Orem, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 7:39 a.m.

BYU has had more injuries this year than they have in the past, many of them causing key players to miss two games. Fortunately BYU has the depth of the Persian Immortals. When one Cougar goes down two rise up to fill in their place!

• Cinci Man FT MITCHELL, KY
    Oct. 31, 2013 10:16 p.m.

Very sad. I wish these two well. Hope Falslev comes back at the end of the year.

• metamoracoug metamora, IL
    Oct. 31, 2013 10:11 p.m.

Is it just me or has there been an unusually high number of injuries this year. I'll miss Falslev. I really like guys like him who started as walk-ons but earned a place on the team through high caliber play. Good on ya, Mate!

• moderateinmagna MAGNA, UT
    Oct. 31, 2013 9:43 p.m.

well Hoffman was a kick/punt returner 2 yrs ago he can most likely do it again,so can Hague.so can Hine,J,D, wont be missed that much, although he was very good.

• Jake2010 bountiful, ut
    Oct. 31, 2013 9:35 p.m.

I'd rather them do it now, prior to next season than make it worse this season... We are gonna be well enough without them... the cougars have good depth, and it will be proven this month!

• Wayne Rout El Paso, TX
    Oct. 31, 2013 6:36 p.m.

We'll miss Falslev as a receiver. I think others can handle the punts as well or better.

• SoCalTrueBlue2 San Diego, CA
    Oct. 31, 2013 6:14 p.m.

Falslev provides as much impact per pound as any player on the team. He will be sorely missed.

• evansrichdm west jordan , UT
    Oct. 31, 2013 5:45 p.m.

This is not good no matter how you look at it. Wish this was not so before some of the biggest games of the year.

• panamadesnews Lindon, UT
    Oct. 31, 2013 5:43 p.m.

We'll miss the gutsy Falslev. Good luck to you. Hope the surgery goes well and you are back before the season is over.

• Lightening Lad Austin , TX
    Oct. 31, 2013 5:40 p.m.

Austin had surgery on Tuesday, his career at BYU is over.