Sports

Commentary: Hawaii game was crucial for USU 2 years ago, and it's crucial now

Comments

• VAggie Bristow, United States
    Oct. 30, 2013 10:55 p.m.

@ Chris B.

The MWC has always been a conference where good teams dominate the awful teams. Even when Utah had their last successful year. None of the previous "good" MWC teams have had near the success they had in the MWC in their new conferences. Not BYU, TCU and especially not Utah.

What are you trying to accomplish always putting the other schools down? The in-state games are over, the team you claim to root for won all 3 of the ones they played in. The team I root for won 1 of the ones they played. I love my school/team, but I'm glad I validate myself with more than what other people do on the gridiron.

• Mars_ Logan, UT
    Oct. 29, 2013 8:57 p.m.

The line opened at -21 for USU and has moved to -22.5.

I'm still bullish on our secondary but I loved how well the defensive line played against UNM. I think we'll have a similar defensive output against Hawaii.

Anyone other than me notice the 4 games we lost were games where we met our match in the trenches? I think we outclass the rest of the MWC and we should be favored from here on out.

• Horrible Stumper Hyrum, UT
    Oct. 29, 2013 4:25 p.m.

Really looking forward to the game against Hawaii. Waiting to see how more practice has helped Garretson. He should be a lot more comfortable with the offense. Like the Utes losses, due to Chris B's constant negativity, he too has become irrelevant. Ags looking good for the rest of the season.

• Go Big Blue!!! Bountiful, UT
    Oct. 29, 2013 1:42 p.m.

Hey Chris, I thought you would have more fond memories of when the u was relevant in a conference.

• RSLfanalways West Valley, UT
    Oct. 29, 2013 12:56 p.m.

I think Chris is hiding out on the Aggies articles since his favorite team lost worse to a depleted USC team than USU. And he doesn't want to face the BYU fans that are posting on his articles.

• Ifel Of'a-sofa Alpine, Utah
    Oct. 29, 2013 8:00 a.m.

yes Chris... B glad. It is so much better to lose in the pac than win in the mtn.

you had your heyday in the Mtn... it has been down hill for you ever since.

• Sambonethegreat Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 28, 2013 7:06 p.m.

I loved the Hawaii game in 2011. Just incredible. Great comeback, great memories, and getting rid of bad karma. Let's be sure to keep it that way on Saturday. Pound the Warriors into the ground.

@Chris B

Losing to the Trojans sucks, huh Chris? Unlike U, the Ags at least gave them a game. Your Pac-12 "brother" thinks this MWC team is tougher than you! LOL

• Uncle Rico Sandy, UT
    Oct. 28, 2013 6:52 p.m.

@Chris B

Chris, if you want to talk about terrible things, look no further than Utah's game last week.

Being the doormat of the PAC 12 would be a terrible thing as well.

Good luck to Utah State this weekend, at least you guys still have a shot at a bowl game LOL
    Mark it down!

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 28, 2013 4:53 p.m.

I am so glad we are out of the terrible MWC.

And yes, its terrible.

The Pac 12 is 8-0 against the WAC 2.0(mwc) this year.

8-0