Utah

'Shocked' Spencer Cox sworn in as new lieutenant governor

Comments

• TOO Sanpete, UT
    Oct. 17, 2013 3:30 p.m.

suzyk#1

Thanks for the life lesson, mother. Just because I don't care for a man, it doesn't mean I'm jealous of him. He could be President of the U.S. for all I care and I still wouldn't be jealous. Why? Because I don't want what he has--I am completely happy with what I've got so far. I don't care for him for personal reasons, not professional or envious reasons.

Thanks for the assumption though.

• suzyk#1 Mount Pleasant, UT
    Oct. 17, 2013 1:45 p.m.

To: TOO - it appears to me by reading your comments that there is a little jealousy and envy that is out of control. Be a big boy and be happy for him.

• Thidder MAPLETON, UT
    Oct. 17, 2013 1:21 p.m.

The Lt. Gov position is the easiest job in Utah, just ask Gary Herbert. No pressure, no hype, few deadlines, just good pay and benefits.
    Is it any wonder that Mr. Cox can continue to live in Sanpete County. All he has to do is show up in his Capital Office occasionally to sign a few documents or proclamations. Sometimes he has to participate in the ribbon cutting for a new business that came to Utah because of favorable tax treatment. Any other vague responsibilities are handled by cell phone or internet. Easy money.

• Downtime Saint George, UT
    Oct. 17, 2013 12:31 p.m.

Isn't "politician" and "full of himself" redundant?

• TOO Sanpete, UT
    Oct. 17, 2013 9:59 a.m.

Not "full of himself" is not a way I would describe Spencer Cox. Knowing him personally, I would say the exact opposite.

• Cactus Moroni, UT
    Oct. 17, 2013 9:53 a.m.

Greg Bell made the Lt. Gov. position much more than ceremonial with his interest in, and outreach to, rural Utah - which strengthens the entire state, not just rural. Spencer will continue and build on that outreach. He is an excellent choice for the job.

• BYUalum South Jordan, UT
    Oct. 17, 2013 8:40 a.m.

Sounds like a very wise pick by the Governor. It's nice to see someone appointed that isn't so "full of himself." I like his family roots and his humility. Having smarts will be very handy. Seeing his colleagues' approval in the legislature is gratifying!

Good luck Lr. Gov. Cox. We're counting on you to "keep your soul." We need honesty, courage, integrity, and honor in our government. I feel that we have it in Gov. Gary Herbert and Senator Mike Lee! There are others, but these two stand out right now!