U.S. & World

While Mitt played it straight in SLC, Ann Romney spoke up on Fox News

Comments

• NeilT Clearfield, UT
    Oct. 6, 2013 12:09 p.m.

Vilifying goes both ways. Obama has been the most vilified president in our nations history. I was hoping Romney would take the high ground and rise above the vilifying and mud slinging. I was disappointed. Partisan politics is destroying our country. George Washington warned about political parties. Politics is all about hypocrisy.

• Bored to the point of THIS! Ogden, UT
    Oct. 4, 2013 2:00 p.m.

Wasn't Mitt Romney the real founder of the health care law? If I remember correctly, and I do, Mitt started the system in Mass. and even said multiple times (look on youtube) that it would be good for the whole country?

I know, I know... he changed his mind when he had to in order to get the Republican nomination. For Ann to say Mitt would have gotten rid of it is a little hinky. It's easy to say what you would have done, if...

In my line of work (coaching), we call that an "arm chair quarterback".

• happy2bhere clearfield, UT
    Oct. 3, 2013 1:35 p.m.

And so did the country. That was Anns point.

• Bebyebe UUU, UT
    Oct. 3, 2013 11:28 a.m.

Mr. Romney still lost.

• happy2bhere clearfield, UT
    Oct. 3, 2013 10:29 a.m.

moderate

Obama may be a decent man, but is no where near as qualified to be President. Never was in 2008, and hasn't learned much after 4 wasted years.

bebyebe

Almost half the country voted for Rommey, so it's not like he out of the mainstream of American thinking.

• Bebyebe UUU, UT
    Oct. 3, 2013 10:05 a.m.

Mrs. Romney,

I know you're used to getting your own way but you lost. America didn't want your husband.

• Badgerbadger Murray, UT
    Oct. 3, 2013 9:59 a.m.

Would she make a great candidate! But she is too nice to throw in the snake pit.

• Moderate Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 3, 2013 9:58 a.m.

"There’s so much vilifying that goes on in a campaign." -- Ann Romney.

I'm glad you've realized that, Ann. Next, perhaps you will realize that the Democrat candidate was vilivied in the election (and beyond), and he is a decent person just like your husband.