'Hurd' us yet? Aggie student section will bring intensity to Friday's USU-BYU game

• 4601 Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 3, 2013 8:45 a.m.

The Aggie's race to the bottom of behavior comports with USU being a step down from high school.

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    Oct. 3, 2013 12:10 a.m.

Don't know if intensity is the word I would've picked for the Aggie fans.

• tinplater scottsdale, AZ
    Oct. 2, 2013 8:44 p.m.

Man this is fun! Great student section and I think The Hurd is planning on something special in the way of signage for this game. Let The Hurd be heard!! (best nickname for a student section in the country!!)

• Blueblood1 Eden, UT
    Oct. 2, 2013 5:29 p.m.

RockOn - I agree that BYU should go back to the Royal Blue. See, we agree on something.

• RockOn Spanish Fork, UT
    Oct. 2, 2013 3:27 p.m.

Love it when opposing teams used to trash myself and my team. It just hyped us, determined to destroy the team of the classless. And once the game started I never heard the crowd.

So, USU, yell all you want. Be as classy or classless as you choose. You'll only hurt yourself if you go too far.

And by the way, BYU should take the video of the fans who trashed the ref and cancel their tickets. That was absurd and classless.

And, 2nd by the way, BYU should stop wearing Aggie blue and go back to the Royal Blue.

• Ifel Of'a-sofa Alpine, Utah
    Oct. 2, 2013 3:05 p.m.

johnny, go sit in ANY student section from another school... and wear the other teams colors like I am sure you did at USU... then see how you are treated

• Ifel Of'a-sofa Alpine, Utah
    Oct. 2, 2013 3:03 p.m.

I am with you Ned... the moderators seem up in the night on what they allow and what they deny... its getting old quick!

• Ifel Of'a-sofa Alpine, Utah
    Oct. 2, 2013 3:02 p.m.

bring it HURD, but be nice to those suu visitors, they feel badly

• Veritas Aequitas Fruit Heights, UT
    Oct. 2, 2013 2:40 p.m.

“The first thing I wanted to do ever since moving here to Logan was to get a bunch of people and paint ‘USU’ across our chests, and we did,”

I wanna party with the people from Logan. You guys are crazy!!!

• ncs53 Logan, UT
    Oct. 2, 2013 2:32 p.m.

@Johnny Triumph Good then we did our job. Our purpose is to destroy the soul of the opposing team. We are the best at it.

• NedGrimley Brigham City, UT
    Oct. 2, 2013 1:55 p.m.

Once again the DN comments review team completely baffles me on how they choose what to allow and what to deny...

• Utah_State_Fan Logan, Utah
    Oct. 2, 2013 12:49 p.m.

Very classy comment RealBlue, not surprised though coming from a cougar fan. RealBlue was probably one of the bright ones throwing trash on to the refs after the utah vs byu game.

• RSLfanalways West Valley, UT
    Oct. 2, 2013 12:02 p.m.

The student section is called the HURD. That is why it is in the title.

• ChristoperB Salt Lake, UT
    Oct. 2, 2013 10:53 a.m.

I hope they let fans byu fans and players hear what they think.

Don't hold back aggies, on the field or in the stands!

Go usu!

• Johnny Triumph American Fork, UT
    Oct. 2, 2013 10:38 a.m.

I've been to a BYU v USU game in Logan and sat in the USU student section with a friend, it was a completely inhospitable environment. I'll never do that again.

• Ernest T. Bass Bountiful, UT
    Oct. 2, 2013 10:20 a.m.

They better not try those classless tactics against The byu on firday night.