Faith

LDS women in St. George assisted living facility serve African Saints

Comments

• antodav TAMPA, FL
    Sept. 30, 2013 8:25 a.m.

I'm not sure what's more admirable: that these African saints sacrifice and suffer through so much just so that they can attend the temple, or that other members were so generous to help them be able to do so with dignity. God bless the Relief Society.

• grandmagreat Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Sept. 24, 2013 11:51 a.m.

I am definitely going to share this story with the Sisters in the two wards in Lake Havasu City, Hopefully I can help them to learn what Humanitairan Service is. and That Relief Society Homemaking meetings are not just a chance to do crafts for themselves.

May the Lord bless these great sisters for their service.

• Bob Pomeroy Bisbee, AZ
    Sept. 19, 2013 10:02 p.m.

The world would not work without Grandmas

• grandmagreat Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Sept. 18, 2013 8:36 a.m.

This article about the Women making temple Bags broght Tears to my Eyes. I am an 87 year old with the calling of Humanitarian Service Leader in my ward, and want to desperately to get te the young sisters to really understand what Humanitarian Service is all about. I am definitely going to print this off and share it in Relief Society, Relief Society is definitely not a Craft program which many of the sisters are doing at this time. Thank you to the dear sisters of this article.

• BYUalum South Jordan, UT
    Sept. 18, 2013 7:36 a.m.

If these wonderful women has such commitment and testimony to serve others in need thousands of miles away in spite of physical handicaps, what say I for my neighbor next door?

Thank you for this great article and inspiring us to a higher level!

• Christmas Carole LAS CRUCES, NM
    Sept. 18, 2013 7:30 a.m.

THIS is what life is really 'all about', up to our last breath! As a caregiver, I work with clients in different facilities and all of them, without exception, have residents who want to be 'entertained', get bored, and wait/want to have things done for them. I KNOW from experience, that they would all be happier if they had an outlet for usefulness in life....

With the African saints reciprocating with a happy, kind, thank you they have all given each other hugs across the seas!!

Thanks for an uplifting article!!