Quantcast

Comments about ‘Worst game ever? 'Grand Theft Auto V' blows by all its predecessors’

Return to article »

Published: Tuesday, Sept. 17 2013 11:35 a.m. MDT

Comments
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Most recommended
Vic 2.0
Early, TX

GTA 5 was a huge disappointment, IMO. Graphics/presentation are the only aspects in which this game "blows by its predecessors". In all else it took a huge step BACKWARDS. It certainly fell short in terms of gameplay. Tons of great features/activities that were in previous GTAs are missing here, very little improvement was made in the gameplay in general (from driving to melee combat to shooting to parkour), and the game got old surprisingly fast. Once you're done with the storyline, there is very little to do that's actually FUN.

Vic 2.0
Early, TX

Then there's weird, inexcusable flaws that subtract from the gameplay even further, such as the broken cop and wanted level system, thanks to which you can get a wanted level for accidentally bumping into someone on the sidewalk or get busted for crimes committed miles away from the nearest would-be witness! The story was also a bore, complete with characters you cannot force yourself to care about because they're pathetic little losers. Clearly, Rockstar put 99% of their time and effort into the graphics/presentation, and used the other 1% to slap together whatever story popped into their heads and throw in a wide array of mediocre if not just plain boring activities. Vastly overrated.

to comment

DeseretNews.com encourages a civil dialogue among its readers. We welcome your thoughtful comments.
About comments