Sports

Commentary: From the biggest BYU fan around, I hope the Utes play well

Comments

• Spider Rico Greeley, CO
    Sept. 20, 2013 1:09 p.m.

From a big time BYU fan for decades and a BYU alum I plead with everybody on this board to talk with a neighbor who is of the other team's fan based and do so with respect. Become friends, get over the rivalry. Look past it. It's a football game! We are all the same deep down. This isn't a way to live. Please. To borrow from MLK - I have a dream that someday a man will not be judged by the color of his team's mascot, but by his character. It is sad that a rivalry between Universities can cause such hurt, division, and anger between people that really should be good friends. I have many friends and family that are red. To all those fans that can't get past it on both sides I plead with you to stop the hatred.

• WA_Alum&Dad Marysville, WA
    Sept. 19, 2013 12:39 p.m.

@ mindgames: "Obviously you have never had the pleasure of attending a BYU game in the state of Wyoming."

In an article on another site today, the author referred to Utah as "the Wyoming of the PAC-12." I laughed out loud, because that nailed it perfectly.

I have a colleague who is a Univ of Wyoming grad, and he is still vocal and bitter about BYU choosing to leave the MWC (after Utah bolted--why don't they get the blame they deserve for breaking up the band?). Combine bottom-dweller in their conference with a large helping of inferiority complex & boorish fan and player behavior and stir briskly.

• rlsintx Plano, TX
    Sept. 17, 2013 10:34 p.m.

Here's to two teams just sacking up and settling it on the field. Make the other team see stars, not brag about who collected the most from people who aren't even going to be at the stadium.

• Meckofahess Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 7:15 p.m.

I was driving along foothill boulevard last week and the car in front of me had an interesting window sticker, underneath a big red U, it said "YH8R" (e.g. - Y Hater). I could have rear ended the guy I guess as a gesture of my dislike of his use of the hate acronym. If I would have done that, I would have been viewed as a jerk by my employer (University of Utah) as well as by my fellow BYU fans. So rather than acting like a jerk and embarrassing my employer and my BYU fan friends, I decided to just root for my Cougs and let the Utah fan owner of that car go his merry way and spread his H8TRED as his conscious so dictates. I reminded myself it is just a game! This contest is not about religious faith or life or death or anything quite that serious. Lets enjoy the game for what it is. I hope both team play well and may the best performing team win - GO COUGS!

• Steven S Jarvis Orem, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 7:08 p.m.

@Chris B.

Nick Saban said on national TV that each team plays on the same triangle field last week. I am not sure he should be called a coaching genius. He is a recruiter that gets the best players available. If he had lesser talent he would be destroyed by the other teams in the SEC that had it.

• SSmith Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 6:38 p.m.

Great article!

Winning is about gaining respect and building trust. It has little to do with putting down the opponents or throwing insults at them.

How will we feel in 20 years about the things we say or write today?

• tinplater scottsdale, AZ
    Sept. 17, 2013 6:30 p.m.

Wow Alterego...LDS Church the difference? What about Notre Dame? When BYU plays Notre Dame I don't know what to do....I would like them both to lose zero to zero in an infinite overtime.

• Spokane Ute Spokane, WA
    Sept. 17, 2013 4:10 p.m.

Surfer

I don't read his posts. Why would anyone? Nor will I read, or respond, to yours in the future. I enjoy a spirited debate and a little back in forth; which seems to have upset you. Also, I minored in English. Have a good evening.

• Johnny Triumph American Fork, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 3:49 p.m.

If the U had been more successful over the past 40 years they'd have an expanded stadium. They've had recent successes, which are seen in the stadium upgrades in the planning and recently completed (and don't include the upgrades done for the 2002 Olympics). And you'd think the U will have to come up with something now that they're in the PAC12, a 45k seat stadium just isn't going to keep up.

• Surf is Up Miami, FL
    Sept. 17, 2013 3:37 p.m.

@Spokane Ute Did you read Chris B's first post? Do you read any of them? Then, unless English is a new language to you the word "arrogant" pretty much describes his attitude as it relates to Utah vs BYU? (but doesn't like to go into the real of basketball much).

Are you so in-the-tank' for Chris, and or the U of U program that you are are willing to be so obtuse that would risk losing what little credibilty you have by being offended? I didn't say all Ute fans are arrogant. I won't paint you all with the same brush. But there are a few who continually post to all BYU articles with the same "arrogant" nonsense.

Besides I believe it was you who brought the word up in a post not but a day ago.

• Spokane Ute Spokane, WA
    Sept. 17, 2013 3:24 p.m.

@Surfer

Well, I guess we are going to find out who's better come Saturday night now aren't we? Playing connect the dots is one thing, beating your rival on the playing field is another.

• Spokane Ute Spokane, WA
    Sept. 17, 2013 3:17 p.m.

@Surfs Up

Why do you call everyone "arrogant" that has a differn't opinion then you? I believe the term un-informed or outlandish is more accurate. Why the term "crickets"? As if you have posted something so profound that it can't be countered? Ease up Fella.

• jdub1942 PROVO, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 3:12 p.m.

killarney,

Right on all accounts. However, I think the recruiting of most Western teams is under rated by the services, that includes both BYU and Utah and many other teams. College recruiting is not an exact science, but the overall picture that is painted is pretty darn accurate. Services miss on individual players, but get the big picture right.

• CougarSunDevil Phoenix, AZ
    Sept. 17, 2013 3:11 p.m.

Finally. This article was needed a long time ago. Keep reprinting this every day and have one sent to Chris B's email inbox until he "get's it" along with other trash talkers on both sides.

• Surf is Up Miami, FL
    Sept. 17, 2013 3:11 p.m.

@Spokane Ute to @Yayhoo "No but better than Virginia."

Ok, lets run you logic through the same guantlet.

U lost to OSU (in great weather) and OSU lost to who? A DivII team? I'm pretty sure that team was not better than Virginia.

• Mark321 Las Vegas, NV
    Sept. 17, 2013 2:59 p.m.

@ Chris B

Your going to have to change your name from:

"2013 Ute Seniors SWEEP byU 4-0"

To something else after Saturday night.

• killarney Lincoln Park, IL
    Sept. 17, 2013 2:50 p.m.

Impossible to prove, but I think many of BYU's recruits are under-rated as far as stars. Committing early to BYU, especially for LDS recruits, discourages further recruiting by many teams, and there's no question that simply having alot of teams showing interest in a player tends to push a players ranking higher. Even without an offer, having a team like USC showing interest can push a player's "star" power up a notch or two.

In a way, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Elite program recruits player; player's stars go up; elite program signs player with lots of stars.

Some pan out. Some are busts. On further evaluation, maybe some of those 4- and 5-star recruits were really only 2- or 3-star players in the first place.

NBA teams can't even define the Top 75 basketball prospects from 300+ teams, yet we really expect the recruiting services to accurately evaluate each of the tens of thousands of high school players playing on thousands of high school teams, many of whom are still maturing and will be late bloomers?

• 4601 Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 2:50 p.m.

2013 Ute Seniors SWEEP byU 4-0
    Ogden, UT
    With BYU's honor code and higher academic standards, there will always be a disparity in recruiting. But that's not something Utah should brag about. Just win your games, or lose them as is often the case, and act like a gracious foe.

• Surf is Up Miami, FL
    Sept. 17, 2013 2:42 p.m.

@Chis B. .."only program in the last several decades that can be a top 5 program"?

Where do you get this stuff? The utes didn't arrive on the map of any recognition until 2004. How can you possibly say that and expect to have any credibility?

What an arrogant, slanted, misguided, outright false and pretentious post.

If you really want to use the last couple of decades as the litmus line then get in line behind BYU because they have, over the last 40 years, been much closer and more consistent that U have.

I'll give you 2004, 2008. What else have U got? Crickets.

• Yayhoo Logan, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 2:37 p.m.

@Spokane Ute

I agree.

• Yayhoo Logan, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 2:33 p.m.

Chris B,
    No trap intended. It was just a simple question to show that your argument doesn't hold up.

• Uteanymous Salt Lake City, Utah
    Sept. 17, 2013 2:28 p.m.

Snack PAC

Let's not forget that the Oklahoma team that BYU beat in the Jerry Dome was loaded with NFL talent; 3 of the first 4 picks in the 2009 NFL draft were Sooners, including #1 overall Sam Bradford, whom Max Hall outplayed in the 1st half.

Lifetime, BYU is 5-1 versus Texas(3-1) and Oklahoma(2-0), including wins in 2009 and 2013.

• Ted H. Midvale, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 2:19 p.m.

@Alterego,

Even as a BYU fan, I think you're letting your dislike for Chris B to cloud your reasoning. It is rare, but I think Chris is stating a very clear and true point. I'll take a better recruiting class over a worse recruiting class all day long. Coaching is a piece of the puzzle, but to deny athletic ability as being a key piece of the puzzle is ludicrous. And while rating services often miss, the overall get it about right. That is all Chris is saying here. I can't tell if you're purposely misquoting him or you truly don't believe better athletes usually make better teams?

• Snack PAC Olympus Cove, Utah
    Sept. 17, 2013 2:18 p.m.

christy

Kyle did indeed have one great season. The Utes peaked in 2008, but have been in steady decline since.

Bronco has had three very good, 11-win, Top 15 seasons, which, incidentally, is more 11-win seasons than the Utes have had in their entire history.

Since Utah's flash-in-the-pan success in 2008,

BYU has been ranked #12 and #25.
    Utah has been ranked #18 and #23.

Everyone in the country remembers BYU pounding Texas just a couple of weeks ago.

Everyone in the country remembers BYU beating Oklahoma in Cowboys Stadium.

Nobody in the country remembers a thing about Utah since the Sugar Bowl.

Utah just lost at home to the 2nd or 3rd worst PAC12 opponent on its schedule and is on the verge of a 2nd straight losing season and no bowl. Good luck on selling new recruits on the "advantages" of playing for a big boy conference school that can't even qualify for a bowl. The Utes haven't beaten a single PAC12 opponent with a winning record since joining the conference.

For all your talk, U certainly haven't walked the walk.

• ChristoperB Salt Lake, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 2:15 p.m.

College football according to byu fans:

"It doesn't matter how talented players are, the only thing that matters is how good a coach is and how much they execute and say the word execute in press conferences. Teams really don't even need to find the best talent because all players have equal talent and it all comes down to coaching. Nick Saban would be winning national championships even with all 1-2 star players"

• ChristoperB Salt Lake, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 2:14 p.m.

Alterego,

I've only said better recruiting often leads to better teams.

Recruiting matters
    Coaching matters
    Injuries matter
    Mental Preparation matters
    Team Chemistry matters

I've also never said that past performance means Utah will win.

I've only said we've had better recruiting which typicall(not always) translates to better teams and better results.

I ask again:

You think Nick Saban would have multiple champiohships with byu's roster?

NOPE!

• Alterego Harrisville, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 2:05 p.m.

Only in Mr. B's head does past performance (Utah 3-0 vs. BYU) mean Utah’s success will continue this year; after all, Texas out-recruits BYU year after year and BYU still won, convincingly.

Chris, your formula has been officially blown up and you are losing credibility faster than President Obama.

• Alterego Harrisville, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 1:56 p.m.

The world according to Chris B....

Number of stars per Texas recruit > Number of stars per Utah recruit ergo

Texas defensive front seven > Utah's front seven ergo

Utah front seven will not stop the BYU running game and BYU wins convincingly.

Thanks for clearing that up Chris.

• ChristoperB Salt Lake, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 1:52 p.m.

Yayhoo,

No, Utah does not have better athletes than texas. You people keep trying to trap me as if I'd said "the higher stars win every single game ever"

I've never said anything of the sort. Coaching matters a lot. Other things influence outcomes as well. I've simply only ever said that recruiting is VERY important.

You think Nick Saban would be winning national championships if he had byu "talent"?

NOPE!

• Spokane Ute Spokane, WA
    Sept. 17, 2013 1:51 p.m.

@Yayhoo

No but better than Virginia.

None of that will matter. Two pretty evenly matched teams. It could go down to who ever get's a key break or two. I would not be suprised by either team winning. I will be suprised if it's not a close game though. I see the margin of victory

• Yayhoo Logan, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 1:41 p.m.

Question for Chris B or whatever other name he posts under.
    Does Utah have better athletes than Texas?

• ChristoperB Salt Lake, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 1:27 p.m.

Alterego,

Isn't it interesting that Bronco wanted quite a few of Utah's recruits and more often than not those recruits DIDN'T want bronco and byu

• CougFaninTX Frisco, TX
    Sept. 17, 2013 1:14 p.m.

@ Chris B, ChristopherB, 2013 Ute Seniors SWEEP byU 4-0, Hedgehog (and a couple of others) - How many monikers do U have?

@ Abefroman22 - Very good perspective.

I do cheer for the Utes in every game except against the Cougs and the Aggies. In fact, I hope everyone of our opponents goes 11-1. It does BYU no good when we beat the Utes, and they finish 2-10. With that said, I hope the Cougs win 55-10, but expecting it will be within a TD.

I do not like the arrogant, we are superior, attitude that comes out from some Ute fans. Were U a superior team in 2010 and 2012? No, U got the win, but those were very even games. The Cougs outplayed U in 2010, but U got a couple of breaks (bad call by ref on fumble and blocked kick) and got the win. U slightly outplayed BYU in 2012, but if Nelson doesn't fumble, U lose.

There was no superior recruiting or athletic ability in either game. At least try to be a little objective.

• ChristoperB Salt Lake, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 1:03 p.m.

Snack WAC,

I have no problem acknowledging byu's history, and overall byu has solid football history.

I think 20 years from now most of those numbers will be the same for byu and will have improved significantly more for Utah. I just don't think byu is committed to winning like Utah is. Bronco himself states he cares more about building bishops than he does winning football team.

I'll also take Kyle's success over Bronco's anyday, and I think most fans would. Everyone in the country remembers Utah's undefeated seasons, and Utah beating Alabama in a BCS Bowl.

No one remembers byu being ranked 22nd or 19th or whatever they have been a few times.

An undefeated season as the only undefeated team in the country, with a BCS bowl win over Alabama is worth way more than a couple 20-25th ranked teams.

It seems that byu's peak these days is being ranked around 20th. And bronco is ok with that.

Whittingham has done better. And will do better

• Snack PAC Olympus Cove, Utah
    Sept. 17, 2013 12:54 p.m.

Despite christy's frantic and emotional spamming:

Lifetime

Kyle 1

----

And, the all important

Lifetime #1 Finishes
    BYU 1
    Utah 0

Utah's best was only 2nd best (in one poll)

• Alterego Harrisville, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 12:36 p.m.

I don't believe Utah has superior athletes but I believe Texas did. Here is something else I believe....

When it comes to football, Utah did experience a few years of "flash in the pan" success but it never replaced BYU as the most recognizable and celebrated football and athletic program in Utah and it never will because of BYU Football's relationship with LDS Church.

The football program, the Tabernacle Choir and the LDS Humanitarian Center are not only programs that provide entertainment and in the case of the Humanitarian Center, life changing services, but they are also effective missionary tools.

As long as the football program is an effective missionary tool, its funding will continue and it will CONTINUE to be the program that garners more media attention (ESPN, BYUTV, KSL, Deseret News) locally and nationally than any other in the state and the culture at BYU will continue to attract world class athletes from around the world who share similar values.

Face it Mr. B, BYU is not going anywhere. It is only getting better and stronger.

• ChristoperB Salt Lake, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 12:28 p.m.

JEJ,

Answer me this, what does Utah's Pac 12 record have to do with my claim that Utah is better than byu because we have better athletes?

But yes, let's go along with your failed attempt to disprove what I'm saying, you only further PROVE my point.

Pac 12 teams typically have better recruiting than Utah, so it makes perfect sense that Utah has struggled.

We don't play byu 12 times a year.

Simple concept really. Not really sure what part you couldn't understand?

Here is another way to look at it:

Average Pac 12 team > Utah > byu

That help clear things up? Again, I'm not sure how I wasn't clear about my point from the beginning, but I hope this helps clear up what was a very simple concept to begin with.

• 2013 Ute Seniors SWEEP byU 4-0 Ogden, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 12:22 p.m.

Jej

"if they really have superior recruits and if they are really all you say they are, then why can they not succeed in the PAC-12?"

Who did I say Utah had superior recruits to?

byu

Comparing Utah's record against Pac 12 only further proves my point. Pac 12 teams on average have even better recruits than Utah; thus Utah's struggles in the Pac 12.

I only ever said Utah has superior recruits to byu.

Did you really not understand that?

• mindgames Aurora, CO
    Sept. 17, 2013 12:19 p.m.

@sunshiner Obviously you have never had the pleasure of attending a BYU game in the state of Wyoming. I think those folks think we ruined their glass lands when we trekked our way to Utah.

They treat the visiting BYU fans with disrespect from the time we walk in until they can see the taillights leaving the state.

I am not sure of all the reasons we chose independence when we did, but not playing in Laramie every other year has to be high on the list.

Foul language and thrown whisky bottles were just two of the things I didn't like about attending games there. The only good thing I can remember is winning almost all the games. I guess crudeness doesn't add points for your side.

I hope that 5% of the people don't ruin a great game for everybody else this week.

• Veritas Aequitas Fruit Heights, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 12:16 p.m.

Nice article.

And Chris never fails to let us down, and act with class as the article suggests.

Chris, do you have season tickets to Utah games to cheer your team on, or do you have season tickets to BYU just to boo the team?

• Spider Rico Greeley, CO
    Sept. 17, 2013 12:11 p.m.

Simple solution - both teams can wear purple

• 2013 Ute Seniors SWEEP byU 4-0 Ogden, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 12:07 p.m.

JEJ,

I'm trying to think of the simplest way to explain this to you, why Utah has struggled in the Pac 12.

Better athletes often lead to better team.

Utah is better than byu with a main reason being we have better athletes.

Now why do you think Utah has struggled in the Pac 12?

Pac 12 teams are often better than Utah, who in turn is usually better than byu.

Maybe this will help:

Most Pac 12 teams > Utah > byu

That help?

• 2013 Ute Seniors SWEEP byU 4-0 Ogden, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 12:05 p.m.

JEJ,

Why has Utah struggled in the Pac 12?

Are you seriously asking this? I can explain simple concepts to you, but I can't understand them for you.

You do know that Utah doesn't play byu 12 times a year right?

If we did, our record would be much better.

WE play Pac 12 teams who have typically even better recruiting than we do.

Thanks for helping to further prove my point that recruiting matters.

Did you really not understand this simple concept?

• Tuffy Parker Salem, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 11:51 a.m.

Chris, Chris, Chris, Always the king of hyperbole...

Since you asked, BYU has had a top five finish "in the last several decades". In fact, assuming several means more than two, I believe there is that small issue of a national championship within that time frame.

And as you brought up "the last several decades" as the measuring stick, did you want to discuss and compare top 25 final rankings?

Truth be told, the Utes did have a nice run in the last decade but looking at where things are today as a bottom dweller in their new conference, it's tough to believe there is much bragging to do.

Now, before you fall back to your familiar refrain of Cougar fans always living in the past, remember it was you who brought the past into the discussion.

• Johnny Triumph American Fork, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 11:46 a.m.

@sunshiner - I've attended a few big profile away games, the '97 Cotton Bowl and BYU vs Florida State in Jacksonville in 2000. Both games had the few oddballs, drunk FSU fans fighting with each other, KState fans in our faces before the game started. But you're right, for the most part the fans of other teams left us alone and celebrated good games from both teams. KState fans were even kind after BYU won that game. It's time BYU and Utah fans looked for competitive contests and good, fair play. Maybe now that there isn't a conference championship on the line it can get more civil.

• Abefroman22 Farmington, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 11:36 a.m.

Honestly, we Utah fans need less fans like Chris B. The rivalry game is great, and I love the Utes. I never miss a home game, and am a season ticket holder. I loved this article. I have never understood why the game has to bring out the worst in so many people. I share friendly barbs with my co-workers and friends that are BYU fans, and I sure hope Utah mops the floor with the Cougs. In the end though, the game has no impact on the things that are important in my life (family, friends, religion, etc.). I would hope that we can all be respectful this week and enjoy some great football! Go UTES!

• sunshiner st.george, ut
    Sept. 17, 2013 11:26 a.m.

Great article. Remember the word "Fan" is short for "fanatic." A good humored fanatic is much more appreciated than an obnoxious, overbearing foul-mouthed one. There are some on both sides. I have been to BYU games where sometimes I've have had a miserable experience because of my own BYU fans. There is nothing uglier than an LDS man acting like a anger-crazed lunatic. On the other hand, I will NEVER go to a Utah home game again because I honestly don't feel safe after some unsettling experiences there. The same with Utah State. It's a real shame. I've been to many away games across the country where the fans of that school treated us with nothing but kindness and respect, along with the good-natured ribbing. Wish we could do that here in this state where most profess to believe in a God that cares about character and how we treat each other.

• jej SANDY, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 11:06 a.m.

Chris, I would hardly call your flash in the pan success from 2004-2008 prestigious. Answer this question for me. If Utah is such a national powerhouse and if they really have superior recruits and if they are really all you say they are, then why can they not succeed in the PAC-12?

I think Utah will eventually get it together and start fielding competitive teams in their "prestigious" conference, but I would appreciate that your comments this season reflect what Utah's program really is, a struggling PAC-12 team. It has been this way since they have entered the PAC-12. And I would hardly call their performance vs. BYU in the past 3 years as dominant. In two of those games it could have gone either way.

• Johnny Triumph American Fork, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 11:00 a.m.

@ChrisB, let's let the words of Gene Wojciechowski from espn this morning sum up what the world thinks of the BYU v Utah rivalry game:

"As compelling and riveting as last Saturday's games were, this week's matchups are as exciting as a zucchini festival. In other words, it's the perfect Thursday-Saturday to clean your crawl space."

I really hope Utah and BYU can play well this weekend, but I'm expecting much from the U. This is their bowl game, as even winning it the U will have a tough hill to climb just to hit 6 wins. A BYU loss puts them still at least 7 wins on the season. So here's to hoping the U clings to what little remains of their season after the Oregon State loss.

• Levin Reno, NV
    Sept. 17, 2013 10:29 a.m.

Chris, I'm just glad BYU gets the privilege of playing such a high caliber team this year. And as always I'm honored with the respect you pay my alma mater by including it in the same conversation as The University of Utah, proud member of the Pacific 12 Conference. I will miss your comments during the next two years of hiatus, and would love it if you could continue to comment on BYU article during that time.

• perfidemintrepidus Riverton, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 10:22 a.m.

I have many reasons to appreciate the University of Utah as a prestigious local school and provider of my financial means. The establishment of the school was founded by none other than the great Brigham Young and continues to be a fortress of wonderful academic programs along with participation in many sports. I must admire the advances made at the U's medical school and particularly the Huntsman Cancer Institute for being a national leader in finding a cure. Perhaps the contention is mainly created by an underlining religious division. This thought is in my opinion immature and a bit obnoxious as both schools have been quintessential examples of higher education facilities and both founded by LDS leaders with many of the student body being members of the LDS church.

In my family, we have fans on both sides and still enjoy the competitive nature between the athletic teams. Sure the U has the opportunity to recruit more players because it is a public school without an honor code, but that doesn't mean that the students, players, and coaches do not live up to the standards set by the original founders.

Go Cougars!

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 9:55 a.m.

Don't worry, we'll play well enough.

Why do I believe that?

We have better athletes.

Says who?

Bronco apparently.

EVERY year the last 3 years since our Pac 12 invite when you look at which kids with Utah and byu offers, you'll see that more often than not, the kids picked Utah.

Utah
    Utah
    Utah

That is a fact.

Bronco wanted the kids by virtue of offering them.

And most picked Utah.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 17, 2013 9:48 a.m.

We need more byu fans who support Utah.

Utah is the premier program in the state and is the only program in the last several decades who has proven they can be a top 5 program.

byu fans need to be more like usu fans. USU fans know they will never be on Utah's level and they support us as the premier program in the state.

byu fans should do the same