Sports

Utah Utes football notebook: If practice is an indicator, Utes will be ready for Wildcats

Comments

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 5, 2013 9:29 p.m.

Will Utah or Texas win by more this weekend?

Utah 47
    Weber 10

Texas 40
    Byu 14

After beating byu we will be 4-0, ranked in top 25, and have competed 4-0 career SWEEP over them. And byu will be 0-3!

Go utes!

Guaranteed this happens!

• ekute Layton, UT
    Sept. 5, 2013 9:58 p.m.

The team is focused...York is good to go...best pair of tight ends in the state if not the conference...traditional Utah national quality place kicker...Go Utes!

• B C Park City, UT
    Sept. 5, 2013 10:07 p.m.

"traditional Utah national quality place kicker..."???

Seriously, you're expecting the Utes will have to rely on place kicking to beat the Wildcats?

• ekute Layton, UT
    Sept. 5, 2013 10:30 p.m.

B C,

I don't know how you got that out of my comment.

What you should be worried about is what Taysom Hill has to rely on to protect him. lol.

Is that all you've got? lol.

Go Utes.

• Brad J West Jordan, UT
    Sept. 6, 2013 9:28 a.m.

Will BYU or Weber State win by more this weekend?

BYU 47
    TEXAS 10

Weber State 40
    utah 14

After beating utah we will be 2-1, ranked in top 25, And utah will be 1-3!

Go byu!

Guaranteed this happens!

• worf Mcallen, TX
    Sept. 6, 2013 10:04 a.m.

Will BYU or Weber State win by more this weekend?

BYU 47
    TEXAS 10

Weber State 63
    utah 3

After beating utah we will be 2-1, ranked in top 10, And utah will be 1-3!

Go byu!

Guaranteed this happens! Mark it down

• reasonableUTE Provo, UT
    Sept. 6, 2013 11:56 a.m.

@worf

even if you guys beat Utah (highly unlikely) there is no way you'll be ranked in the top 25. I'm not saying I agree with Chris B though... It's possible, but it's also highly possible to be 3-1

• Wildcat O-town, UT
    Sept. 6, 2013 1:27 p.m.

Here's hoping the Wildcats can pull of the upset! If not, I hope there are no injuries and that the check clears. Good luck to Coach Sears and the Wildcats.

• worf Mcallen, TX
    Sept. 6, 2013 2:44 p.m.

The utes are as good in football, as Obama is as president.

By cutting the deficit in half:

utes 30
    Weber 15

Utes will need health care after this game.

• gonefishn Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 6, 2013 3:17 p.m.

wa wa wahhhh, what a clunker of joke Worf.
    Get ready for a heavy dose of Adam Schulz as the starters are resting by halftime.

• Down under Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 6, 2013 4:34 p.m.

I am not a Wildcat fan but even less of a Utah fan after reading Chris B's comments for so long. Go Wildcats.

• worf Mcallen, TX
    Sept. 6, 2013 5:51 p.m.

gonefishn---got to admit. It's a clunker of a joke.

• clehman Sandy, UT
    Sept. 6, 2013 8:40 p.m.

Worf came back from the neutral zone. Hope to see you back here the minute the Texas game is over, win or lose!

• Ldsrm Spanish fork, UT
    Sept. 6, 2013 11:17 p.m.

I like Utah's coach and team how ever I have ware my family went to Webber state I hope the Wild cats win !!! If not, I hope there are no injuries and that the check clears. Good luck to Coach Sears and the Wildcats.

I also will honestly ask do you think if all the respect Oregon sate reserves Eastern Washington helped ore hart Utah and Webber state ?

I think Utah could look at the Eagles as doing them a favorer in showing them how to beat Another of there conference teams .

I know many would look at me as a crazy man but I hope that all teams in Utah do well !!!!

Yes I bled blue but can't some one also rote fore the other Scholl's in are state

I think you are very naïve if you do not agree with me on this