Sports

Gameday glance: Utah State at Utah, Aug. 29 6 p.m.

Comments

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    Aug. 30, 2013 1:40 a.m.

@Tators

How did that score work for you?

• Tators Hyrum, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 3:04 p.m.

@ Cougsndawgs:

When in doubt, always go with what your heart tells you.
    This being the first game of the season, the offenses haven't had time to polish up yet.
    Won't be a lot of scoring.

Aggies 17
    Utes 13

• yabuts Springville, utah
    Aug. 29, 2013 2:32 p.m.

daaaaaaa

• Tators Hyrum, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 2:26 p.m.

@ Chris B:

So if the Utes are going to handle the Aggies as the Mountain West team they are this year, why couldn't they handle the Aggies as the WAC team they were last year?
    We all marked down your prediction last year and you ended up being pretty embarrassed... once again!
    Could very easily happen again.

Las Vegas has this one being a 2 point game. Many sports publications have the Aggies winning... one by as many as 11 points. What secret do you know that they don't... since following and predicting these games is their living and forte. With you, it seems to be more of a paranoia.

• Chris B. 4 Prez! Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 2:04 p.m.

@blameitontheofficials:

These weren't pictures, my friend. There are slides (pictures combined with words) that break down the game tonight. Check it out.

• BlameItOnTheOfficials Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 1:27 p.m.

Re: Chris B. 4 Prez!

There are some of us who read the articles but we don't look at the "pictures". So naturally the question made sense.

Go Utes!

• BigCougFan Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 1:22 p.m.

So the answer is "Limited" TV and a has-been radio station. 700 AM? that's a dinosaur of a station. I don't expect to see much drama anyway so maybe I'll go to a movie and then read about it in the paper tomorrow. :) The real game will be Saturday.

It won't be a blow out like Chris B is saying.. the Utes will be lucky to walk away with a 3 point win.

• Chris B. 4 Prez! Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 12:27 p.m.

PHX (abbreviation for Phoenix, AZ (abbreviation for Arizona), learned in elementary)CougDevil:

I did read your location, which by the way has nothing to do with your inability to have read the first slide of this article! 1 of 7, which clearly indicates what channel the game is on. Furthermore, several other posters offered their help by re-listing the various television coverage, after your initial post. Better luck next time, CougarSunDevil

• Go Big Blue!!! Bountiful, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 12:20 p.m.

Chris B, wishing it so on every USU/u article isn't going to make it happen. It just shows how small u can be.

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 11:38 a.m.

CougarSunDevil, sorry assume that Phoenix, AZ means Arizona, as in inside the US, which I believe is the only country that broadcasts FoxSports1, the provider carrying this game to the entire country.

• CougarSunDevil Phoenix, AZ
    Aug. 29, 2013 11:10 a.m.

Samurai Jake

Since you couldn't read my location under my name, I'll help you out. I'm in Phoenix. I don't get your local broadcast. However, I do get national television stations. I don't see where this game is being broadcast. That's why I'm asking what station. Sorry, I concluded that anyone reading these posts would do their due diligence and look at my location to see if anyone could help. I can't find anyone in Arizona that cares about this game so looking and asking around here has been no help. I guess I'm just going to have to listen to this game on the internet.

• Cougsndawgs West Point , UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 10:52 a.m.

My heart says Aggies, my brain and home field advantage say Utes. Should be a great game between two pretty evenly matched teams.
    Heart= USU 28- Utah 17
    Brain= Utah 24 USU 21

Good luck to both teams...and TV coverage is on all providers, comcast, directTV, & Dish...Fox 1 replaced the speed channel if any of you actually watched that channel before.

• Samurai Jake Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 10:07 a.m.

Those commenting about no TV coverage...obviously didn't even read the 1st caption of this article (1 of 7). lol

Typical
    throwing up before actual facts are researched and presented
    barrage of gibberish by Utes haters, be it Cougs, Aggs, Coug-Devils, or the like! GO UTES

• Nikeboy1101 Herriman, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 9:16 a.m.

Please just handle the Aggies.. Go Utes!

• Nikeboy1101 Herriman, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 9:12 a.m.

It's on Fox Sports 1 tonight

• Nikeboy1101 Herriman, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 9:10 a.m.

IT is on TV... It is on Fox Sports 1 Channel 219 on DirecTV

• SoonerUte Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 8:52 a.m.

BigCougFan, so you've joined the "unplug from cable" movement, eh? I admire such bravery right before football season. Those still connected can watch the game on Fox Sports 1. For you, radio coverage is on 700 AM. Game time is at 6 PM, but turn it on by 5:30 to give your 1940's vacuum tube radio time to warm up.

• CougarSunDevil Phoenix, AZ
    Aug. 29, 2013 8:48 a.m.

Chris B,

You responded to BigCougFan by saying yes there is TV coverage but failed to provide the channel. Perhaps you can let us know, because I've looked for it and I can't find any channel carrying this game. I would love to watch the game so please let me know what station is carrying it.

P.S. PAC-12 Network = No TV Coverage.

• NT SomewhereIn, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 8:47 a.m.

I'd be there except I just can't seem to find my bottle-proof vest.

Go Aggies!

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 8:19 a.m.

BigCoug,

Yes there is tv coverage.

Utah will handle usu like the WAC team they are.

Utah 30
    usu 17

And it won't really even be that close

Mark it Down!

Go Utes!

• Ufan Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 6:55 a.m.

It'll be a close, hard fought game, but Utah will pull it out in the end.

Utah 24
    USU 17

• BigCougFan Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 6:27 a.m.

No TV coverage? What radio station can I use to "enjoy" the game in 1940's technology?

Go Aggies!