Utah

2 brothers find and meet each other for the first time — after 6 decades

Comments

• suzyk#1 Mount Pleasant, UT
    Aug. 21, 2013 10:03 a.m.

What a delightful and touching story. There were tears of sadness, tears of joy and big smiles and a couple of giggles while I read this. It's stories like this that makes life more worth it and I hope they will continue to stay close, be forgiving and love with all of their heart.

• Nan BW ELder, CO
    Aug. 20, 2013 7:22 a.m.

This is a wonderful, if complicated story. When the two sons I raised heard they had a half-brother, one commented, "Oh good, we have another brother. Does he like guns?"

He does.

• mountain man Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 20, 2013 2:20 a.m.

This is an incredible story.

• jorgill0623 Temple, TX
    Aug. 19, 2013 8:25 p.m.

Mumsy57,

Skip did serve in the area you listed. It looks as if one of his new found brothers owns a company. I'd try getting in touch with them (I'm sure they're aware of your comments and are anticipating it).

• Mumsy57 Burnett Heads, 00
    Aug. 19, 2013 6:13 p.m.

Thanks NeilT for trying to help me. I think Elder Dopp would be about 65 years old now since he would have been about 9 years older than me at the time we were baptized - I was 10 yrs old. It would be so lovely to catch up after all this time.

• NeilT Clearfield, UT
    Aug. 19, 2013 5:43 p.m.

Mumsy 57 I grew up in Logan, same ward as Skip. The Logan 3rd Ward Cache Stake. I think Nathan is Skips father. I have no idea where they are now. Haven't heard from them in years. I am sure they moved away. I think Nathan was in the bishopric and worked at the Logan Post Office. Maybe that helps a little.

• Mumsy57 Burnett Heads, 00
    Aug. 19, 2013 5:26 p.m.

Such a wonderful story. My family joined the LDS church in Dalby in Australia, 46 years ago and the missionaries who taught us were Elder Nathan Dopp and Elder Glen Wade. I believe that "Skip" could be "our" beloved Elder Dopp and I would love to get in touch with him personally. How should I go about this?

• JanSan Pocatello, ID
    Aug. 19, 2013 10:26 a.m.

What an awesome genealogy story! Congratulations on finding each other.