Sports

BYU football notebook: Center Terrance Alletto likes the pressure piled on BYU's offensive line

Comments

• CougFaninTX Frisco, TX
    Aug. 6, 2013 5:35 p.m.

chris b said the same thing when BYU played SDSU in basketball when both teams were ranked in the Top 5. She didn't quit posting for the year like she promised, but was silent for about a week.

• The Anti Chris Eugene, OR
    Aug. 6, 2013 3:18 p.m.

Nobody should hold their breath as Chris does not keep his word. BYU WILL beat Utah this year and we will hear a round of excuses from CB. Regardless of the outcome of the BYU/Utah game the utsies will still be in the bottom of the PAC for the 3rd straight year.
    I love my independence and being invited to play in NFL stadiums & to play on national TV every week. BYU IS the national brand in the state of Utah.

• MacNasty Rexburg, ID
    Aug. 6, 2013 2:05 p.m.

Chris B said
    I've said it the last 3 years, if byu beats Utah I wont post all year.

I've posted all year the last 3 years.

I'll post all year this year.

Ute seniors 4-0 career SWEEP"

OK Chris B, sounds like you are confident so up the stakes. If BYU beats Utah, let's say you won't at all until both teams meet again. OK?

Waiting for you to accept or not.

• dhsalum Saint George, UT
    Aug. 6, 2013 12:30 p.m.

How about we make it until the next BYU-Utah game??

• Wiscougarfan River Falls, WI
    Aug. 6, 2013 12:10 p.m.

P.S. does "all year" mean the remainder of the year (Jan 1, 2014) or an actual year (September 2014)? This might be the most important question posted on these boards all month.

• Wiscougarfan River Falls, WI
    Aug. 6, 2013 12:04 p.m.

@ Chri,

I wish I could say I'm sad to see you go, but I won't be. Post while you can, Cougs 582, Utes 7. Mark it down.

• morpunkt Glendora, CA
    Aug. 6, 2013 11:48 a.m.

I do think this is going the right direction for the offense. The big O can go nowhere but up, after what's transpired in the recent past.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 6, 2013 11:36 a.m.

@Wiscougar,

I've said it the last 3 years, if byu beats Utah I wont post all year.

I've posted all year the last 3 years.

I'll post all year this year.

Ute seniors 4-0 career SWEEP

• Cinci Man FT MITCHELL, KY
    Aug. 6, 2013 11:33 a.m.

My family loves Ross Apo. We chant A-PO A-PO A-PO with every catch. Have a great year and know that you have many many fans Ross! We believe in you. As for the O-line, I'd love for them to have a great year. Bring it on, O!

• Wiscougarfan River Falls, WI
    Aug. 6, 2013 10:42 a.m.

It will be interesting to see if the trolls can post less than 14 posts per BYU article.

• MacNasty Rexburg, ID
    Aug. 6, 2013 10:37 a.m.

I think the Cougars receiving group is very, very good. Ross was hurt last year and the ball was not thrown his way very often.

This year I anticipate that, if the O-line improves, Ross will get plenty of opportunity to show his skills and talent.

I agree with Blaine Fowler that Cody will be targeted by most all defenses and that will give the other receivers more chances to make great plays.

Ross will respond in a huge way.

• jej SANDY, UT
    Aug. 6, 2013 10:27 a.m.

BYU's offense averaged 28.7 points last season. With a better QB, better offensive coordinator, and improved offensive line BYU will be in much better shape offensively. Definitely will break 14 points a game.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 6, 2013 9:36 a.m.

It will be interesting to see if the offense can average more than 14 points.